My dog is 2 year old. About 10 hours ago I noticed a bump under her skin which very much reminded me of a blister, its watery movement and the skin bubble where it sat.When I would press it, she did not react.I should mention the location of this seems to be where her leg joins the abdomen, that large joint. And it's sitting at centre and little to the right of it. It is about 1.5-2 quarters long and 1 quarter wide and oval shaped the long way parallel to the inner fold of leg/abdomen. When I checked it last about 30 min ago, the site is pink and it seems to have ruptured? as the prominent shape of this fluid is not so visible.When I pressed this last time, my little girl did mind.It was clear she felt uncomfortable. I do not know her history as she was found a stray 1.5 years ago. (I would like to mention that she is approx 7 lbs, and is actually a Maltipoo with predominantly Poodle features). Money is tight (we have 3 cats, all pets are resuces). Thanks all very much.
lunadelobos lunadelobos 41-45 3 Answers Jan 3, 2013 in Parenting & Family

It sounds like an infection<br />
Antibiotics may help but a vet will confirm with You the results <br />
Why wait ?<br />
Go on Angie's List and go to a vet that is highly rated and will help You Out fast, efficiently and at a good rate too !

Best Answer

Hi and thank you so much for your adivce. I just signed up and it looks like under my city which Imo is the largest in Canada, we only have 8 vets listed. As the representative siad,they are just getting established in our area. I hope it's nothing serious (or expensive).

Best Answer

Other than take her to the vet, try a Google search. The vet would be a better option of course.

Best Answer

Yes I have spent all night with goole searching for stuff. I joined a pet Q&amp;A site however for some unknown reason once i press enter, the page comes up as "expired"! It's very frustrating! I have 3 other pets, cats, also rescues/stray.I may see what happens and also get in touch with a home vist vet to see what the cost is.Sadly, many vets are just business people and not caring people who understand. I just want her to be ok. She is miniature so from what l know this can pose some health issues :(

Best Answer

From what you described, it sounded like a blister of some sort. Maybe you could put a gentle antiseptic healing cream on it....(something you may have in the medicine cabinet) and see how she is in a few hours. It may also be nothing to worry about. Things always seem worse in our minds than what they really are, especially when we love something like our pets. I hope she will be alright.

Best Answer

drain the anal sacs

Best Answer

can you please explain what connection is between this and the anal sacs?

Best Answer