Im so much more happy at my dads house than my mums and im an only child with my mum and her husband. I have tried to speak to her about it but she just starts with emotional blackmail, how do i stop it what do i say?
Looba Looba 16-17, F 19 Answers Jun 16, 2009

Depends on what you are labeling emotional blackmail. If she says "oh, honey, I'll miss you if you live with your Dad!" that's not emotional blackmail. That's her expressing what she's feeling. Now if she says things like "you always DID love him more than me!" then you've got emotional blackmail at work.

Considering her feelings is thoughtful of you, but if it's truly the latter situation, go stay with your Dad until she realizes she needs to grow up and behave like a Mother, not a school girl.

Best Answer

I want to live with my dad. I'm 15 and my parents have been split up for 4 years and are in the middle of a nasty divorce. I don't like my mums boyfriend or his daughter. They are going on holiday next year. Just the three of them leaving me and my 3 younger sisters to stay with my dad. My mum is warming to the idea that its what's best for me and picking colleges. Do what you think is right. If your mum loves you she will let you go x

Best Answer

Your mother should start thinking of your rights. You should be able to live where you want and both parents should keep the door open with no grudges. They are the adults, the parents, the caregivers, the ones that should love you unconditionally. If either of them utter not to come back or that your a trader if you say you want to move, they are being selfish and childish only thinking of themselves. Answer these questions to yourself:

How do I get along with the family?

Where do I feel most happy?

Is the it environment healthy? Is there alcohol, tobacco or drug abuse or even emotional or physical abuse?

Where am I going to be loved and cared for the most?

I'm sure there other questions that come across your mind. Bottom line, be free with your decision and you have every right to test out you new place of residence with no guilt.

Best Answer

its not what u label it its what it is. just like the sun. anyone can tell its a sun. call it what u want but no matter what its still a heat source. i say go todaddys house ignore anything negitive she says or does to u. she will always love u and for that reason alone shel either learn to deal with it or except it some how. this is lonelyashell. getback with me

Best Answer

tell her to stop blackmailing you and to think of you and what makes you happy

Best Answer

My son just left me for his father.It is killing me but I also understand his needs.At first,your mom will be hurt,pissed,what have you.She will be ok in the end and you may even have a better relationship with her.Depending on your age,try like hell to do what is best for you.One day,your mom will understand.

Best Answer

Live with your Dad!

Best Answer

1) You can't stop it. Learn to ignore.

2) Do whatever it takes to make yourself happy, and go live with your dad.

Best Answer

First things first. Have you spoken with your Dad about this? It may be impossible for you to move to his home permanently at the moment. If your Dad is willing and you really want to do this ask your father to speak with her about it. Once he has done this the TWO of you need to talk to her about it. Hopefully, at this point your mother agrees (even if not very happily) to the move. Either way I hope you find a home you will be happy in.

Best Answer

Wow. You need to talk to some kinda professional who can help you with her. Someone like that, you can't deal with alone, trust me..

Best Answer

Best wishes in this matter. I have lately been trying to prepare myself for the time that my daughter may ask to go live with her dad(3000 miles away). It scares me, because I've given her my all, and would miss her sooooo much, but hubby and I have talked about it extensively, and I've been mentally preparing myself for the situation. In the end it won't be about what I want, but what's best for my daughter(so long as she's in a safe and stable environment). My heart goes out to you, I hope your mother can take her own issues out of this and see that you are old enough to make a decision like this, without losing her as a mom and friend. Best wishes to you. :-)

Best Answer

It is too bad that you are in this position. When you talk to her about it, prepare yourself ahead of time. You need to stay steady in the fact that you are not doing something to her, and keep expressing your message, that you would like to live at your Dad's, with respect, good will, and firmness.

Good luck!

Best Answer

You decide whether having to deal with a vengeful, unforgiving mother for the rest of your life is worth it or not. Of course, you know better than us whether she would forgive you or not. In other words, do you value a good relationship (or, at the least, the absence of a poor one) with your mother enough to deal with her crap until you grow up?

I had to make that choice when I was 13. Life at my mother's was pretty rough (as opposed to my dad's), and after being on the receiving end of a particularly bad session of violence from her, I was at my wit's end. I knew good and well that she would never have forgiven me for leaving, and would have done her best to make my life a living hell until she hit her grave. Also, I was less than confident in my position as far as the courts were concerned, and knew that if I tried to leave and failed then it would have been the end of me. In the end, I wound up staying, not having the courage to face her wrath. I regretted not leaving for years, but it doesn't matter anymore, I suppose.

In the end, I'd say to do what you want; don't let others make your decision for you.

Best Answer

Mine did that to me too. When you are 14 you are legally able to say who you want to live with. Your mom probably won't want to go to court over it, so state that you want to live with your dad and that you will go to court to get permission if you have to. Tell her to knock off the guilt, that you love her, but that you want to see how living with your dad will be. She's had you all this time. It's his turn. Good luck

Best Answer

Don try to speak anymore, just move to your father house and write her a letter,.

if your mother have close sisters o friends you could try ask them to help your mother comprhend

Best Answer