I'm almost 18 and I live in Australia and I want to move to the US ASAP. I want to live in New York city. I feel like that's where I belong and I've dreamed about living there my entire life. But I don't know how I'm going to do it... it's really difficult to get a visa. I feel so depressed thinking that I may not fulfill my dream and I might have to stay in Australia forever. Do you think it would be impossible for me to move there or is there hope for me?
alocalkitten alocalkitten 18-21 12 Answers Jan 12 in Community

That's where I wanna go too. NYC. And spend the rest of my life there.

Best Answer

mexico then cross the rio grande,lotsa people are doing it

Best Answer

Of course it's possible. Although I will mention that its hilarious considering a lot of people in North America want to move to Australia. :D Grass is always greener and whatnot.

You need to be patient above all else. You're young (and you probably hate hearing that) but that means you have time to sort stuff out properly. Figure out an industry the US needs trained people in, and get trained in it.

In the meantime, figure out programs that can send you overseas for a short period of time. exchanges and whatnot.

Best Answer

I'll marry you :)

Best Answer

You'll get there if you put your mind to it, get a job and save up to do it. Heaps of people do.

As a matter of fact it's been a dream of mine most of my life, but I'm still saving up. Are you thinking that if you throw it out there someone is going to come along and finance whatever you want and save you all the trouble? If that's got any truth in it I wonder what your parents would think of that?

Travel costs a lot of money and is a privilege and a luxury. If you want to travel you need to get a job and save.

Best Answer

No, I'm not looking for anyone to finance me, I could never accept money from anyone. I just feel like there's no hope for me to live in the US and I was hoping that maybe someone here has done it or knows someone who has managed to move there.

Best Answer

No I do not think it is impossible for you to move here to The U.S.A from Australia because Nothing is Impossible. Yes There is hope for you indeed, I AM currently going to send this Man Named Mr.John money so That I will become both rich and Famous in my Life, maybe I could help you out once I get The Money and become Famous in my life. Just Message me if you would like to have his Email on GMail on Google.com

Best Answer

Going to hang out with the homeless people? There's a huge skills shortage, just have a useful degree or career.

Best Answer

Not impossible. If you want it bad enough, you are willing to do everything you can to get it. Good luck.

Best Answer

Have you visited New York before?

Best Answer

Of course there is hope! One thing we always have is hope.

Best Answer

thats not a good idea !!

Best Answer