I am pretty sure I have some sort of sleeping disorder. The doctor thinks so to because he scheduled me to take a polysomnography test (sleep test). It is still over a month away. I wish I could do it sooner. But the subject of my question is that I hardly slept last night, I can't count how many times I woke up. I still have time to get ready and go to work. But I just feel fuzzy headed/light headed/not sure how to describe the condition. I don't feel like I am in condition to go to work. Stomach feels a little off too. But I know if I take the day off and go back to sleep I will be beating myself up (figuratively) all day. Is this something I should really beat myself up about? Should I fess up and disclose my sleeping problems to my boss?
katnipkitkat katnipkitkat 41-45, F 4 Answers May 5, 2011

I would disclose the information to your boss. It's a matter of fact! But at the same time, I would let your boss know what you intend on doing about it.......like see a doctor......If you'd like to talk about sleep disorders mail me............I'm very familar with reasons why one doesn't sleep.......

Best Answer

Thanks, I will tell her about it when I go in on Monday.

Best Answer

I have a friend who had the same symptoms, and he was diagnosed with Sleep Apnia, a very unpleasant condition. I think your employer should know your problem.

Best Answer

Issues with sleeping.. alot of us have hem.. I go through days on 3-5 hour sleep. If your boss is understanding yes.. if hes a real dandy of a dictator.. no.. then your giving him more of a reason to shoot you in the foot and try to get rid of you. Though all you really need to disclose is your having medical issues.. and its affecting your sleep.

Best Answer

No, just call in sick. Your employer does NOT need to know details.

Best Answer

She seems like she would understand, another lady who is apparently having some sort of emotional trouble told the boss she wanted to quit, but the boss said no, just take off the time you need, go to the doctor, take your medication, and come in when you feel like you can. I am always full of anxiety and fear that she might not give me the same understanding if I approach her but the I think that it would be the moral thing to do to let her know my problem.

Best Answer