I was in hospital twice and each time I was there for a month so do you know? I have medication to take but don't usually take it
monaroyalty monaroyalty 26-30, F 9 Answers Mar 26, 2012

Well, yes, it will. Depending on the work and the illness either in a minor insignificant way or "Wooooooohhhhhh there Jimmy, you ain't getting no work here" kinda way... Generally though if you're able to ask the question you shouldn't be worrying about it.

Best Answer

First off your medical records are not a part of a prospective employer's privy. Next, a mental illness will not prevent you from joining the productive workforce.<br />
And then lastly TAKE your meds girl!!! Ya don't wnat the Docto be upset with you, do you? That's why he prescribed them for you, to help you.

Best Answer

I don't like taking them

Best Answer

Well no one likes taking their meds.... Now , What's your reason? Do the taste funny? Too many to take at one time? Have to be taken at a particular time? Or just a pin to take?

Best Answer

i hope so

Best Answer

what you hope I don't get a job? or you hope I do?

Best Answer

i hope you dont mentalists are not good

Best Answer

Probably not something to volunteer...don't deny it if asked. If your meds aren't really needed, how bad can you be?? Good luck.

Best Answer

yeah the thing is it is in my records

Best Answer

I feared as much - just practice explaining it and minimizing the importance, again only if asked or you might oversell it. Again, good luck.

Best Answer

How serious is it? What is the job that you have in mind? It's all related. If the job isn't involved too much people, it shouldn't be a problem. But if it is, it still depends. Health care, entertainment, services, etc. Ask yourself, can you? It's not such a big thing. Everyone have a bit of mental thing going on~

Best Answer

yeah but my mental illness is in my records can the work like accounting look at my background without me telling them?

Best Answer

or any job

Best Answer

I'm in between here. If you hide the fact, you might get the job, and get fired later when you're caught. But, just go with it. You're not hiding it, just not mentioning it. It's different, right? LOL! Don't mention any of it if no one ask you. And about your illness, does it serious that it's worth to mention? If not, just put it aside. Wish you luck!

Best Answer

of course I don't mention it but mean they want your resume before they interview you wont they check my background?

Best Answer

I'm sure they will. But, they'll mostly check on previous offend, crime mostly. They might found out about your illness too. If your illness is a problem to them, they won't call you for an interview. If you get into any interview, and if they ask you specificly if you get any illness they should know of, just tell them the truth. Don't forget to get a supporting letter from your doctor, and have them ready on your interview, in case you need them.

Best Answer

Some jobs you may not be able to get but most I would hope you still can. I think millions of people have some mental illness yet are not unemployed. Many own their own businesses.

Best Answer

yeah I know I can have a business but I mean a work force so I am able to put the experience on my resume

Best Answer

and I'm 25 with only fast food experience

Best Answer

what about accounting?

Best Answer

That would be good I suspect, especially if you have a desire to do that kind of work. It pays well, and the possibilities of problems would be minimal, I suspect. What I mean by problems is like people problems, that are possible with anyone in any job. NOT that you would be more liable to have them...

Best Answer

Take Your Damn Meds if you want to live a normal life or b stupid! Love Aunt Lucy

Best Answer