Athlete2012 Athlete2012 18-21, F 11 Answers Sep 2, 2012 in Depression

I would tell my family. That disease is difficult to live with and any extra support is great. *hugs*

Best Answer

I think it would be helpful, if they are supportive. If you don't tell them, they can't be supportive, right?

Best Answer

If you really 'have' schizophrenia your family already knows, though they may use a different term.<br />
Tell them immediately.<br />
I'm a bit skeptical of the diagnosis, however. 'Depression' and schizophrenia are quite different biologically. Although depression is sometimes a consequence of schizophrenia. Also, the schizo diagnosis is never made with out reference to a secondary, desc<x>riptive diagnosis. <br />
I'd get a second opinion and do it quickly.

Best Answer

if they hate you anyway, why bother? but if you might be able to count on them to be supportive, then by all means

Best Answer

Family are important. Talk to them. Help them to understand you.

Best Answer

Tell your family. They need to know.

Best Answer

Tell them but don't expect miracles . Unfortunately family can't really understand unless they've been there , no one can .<br />
Find a support group as well . <br />
My family mean well but they have made it worse at times .

Best Answer

Ya i think you should. Its important for them to know their support can help you a lot, trust me i know.

Best Answer

Are you going to change or is it an excuse?

Best Answer

Mental illness is as much a choice as your stupidity is .

Best Answer