OK, this might get a bit confusing XD So just bear with me.<br />
I am currently in a long distance relationship, and if I could, I would turn it into close distance in a heartbeat. But just cause I'd prefer a close distance relationship doesn't mean I would give up on my LDR if I found someone I liked who lived closer. <br />
Then again, I am one of the lucky ones who actually have a working LDR. We are very happy together and we'll probably never stop being best friends, even if the relationship might someday end. I love this guy to death and he loves me even more.<br />
I don't really know what my point to this post was.. but to answer your question.<br />
No I hate LDR's. They are complicated and painful. But.. without LDR's, I never would have met my true love. And for that, I am forever grateful.

Best Answer

this absolutely motivated me (: thank you for posting

Best Answer

I think they can work just as well as normal relationships <br />
Actual contact is always good if you can though

Best Answer

What's there to like about a long distance relationship? I'm not arguing that it doesn't have benefits over being alone... but as opposed to a "close distance" relationship, I would say I would not like a long distance relationship. <br />
Sorry to hear things turned out poorly, but you will just need time to heal at this point, and a positive attitude would also help. :) Take care.

Best Answer

There are always an "exception to the rule", but most "Long distance relationships" fail from the lack of the ability to physically connect by touch,sight,smell...Most humans need to be connected with their surroundings to have a sense of realness. Short periods can be dealt with generally,but without the physical connections, it is more of a dream or unanswered desire. Absence does not make the heart grow fonder.

Best Answer

I agree with you!! We were going to see eachother next month but all this stuff happened and I'm soo sad! I wish we could have lived closer. Maybe one day we can talk to one another again :(

Best Answer

Im sorry your hurt and your dream didnt happen like you wanted it to. It sounds like you are being positive and that is a very good sign of strong character. Maybe you will be able to put a real closure to your experience-- I hope you can..smile

Best Answer

Im am sorry to hear that you feel heartbroken, im going through pretty much the samen (and I have written suff about my experience). Try never to be alone, keep busy. Most of all though please dont full yourself with any prospective false hope - Iv always done that and its always hurt a lot more. Take care

Best Answer

I'm sorry about what happen to your past relationship. But uhmm if you ask me if i like long distance relationship, i should say that I'm okay with long distance relationship. I was in a long distance relationship for almost 5 YEARS. We manage to keep the communication going as much as possible, and now my relationship with my boyfriend is becoming more stronger than ever. We've been through hardships, but we never give up because we both trust and love each other. For me long distance relationship is not that bad at all. The only thing that should be done is that Both partner should trust and love each other, and don't forget patience is curial in a L.D. relationship.

Best Answer

I hope you all don't drift away from eachother. I hope nothing just all the sudden pops up like it did to me

Best Answer

I hope so too. thanks. By the way, I hope your okay girl. Having a bad ending doesn't mean that you'll never gonna find the right guy for you. Your past relationship ended because someone out there is more deserving than your EX. so don't be sad okay.. everything will be okay.

Best Answer

I agree with you here glamarous. And HatEWithiNMe, I hope you find that person you're meant to be with..when you do he won't break your heart. Sometimes we go through heartbreaks on the way to happiness.

Best Answer

what is there not to like about it? you can't see the person you're with,you're practically in a relationship with a screen or a phone..!

Best Answer

very hard

Best Answer

oh gosh~ :( Im feel like im going to be like u soon. im on LDR also. he's from canada me from phil. and its really hard to handle things and try to make it normal. But i felt that im the only one that making our relationship work. i mean ya he did but i cant feel he really put effort on it. and he upset fastly :( But behind those facts and sgns i still love him and i never trusted a guy on net besides him.

Best Answer

I used to have hope in it until a girl mistreated me sexually and cheated me with another guy...Heart breaks can be real painful in LDR as the person is not face to face for confrontation..move on with your life..dont let your remaining life be a dark past ...

Best Answer

True love is immeasurable....can never be hindered by distance,however only a few survived.I'm in a long distance relationship right now and ours is so rare that we both decided to really work hard on this relationship to surpass the hurdles that we will encounter in the near future.

Best Answer

No, I don't like them. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be in one though if I meet a cool lady who doesn't live around here.

Best Answer

I tried this, too. It didn't work. I'd say if both parties are interested in making it work it could but most of the time it's a waste of time. I always felt like I could've been out looking for someone to see regularly and not spending so much money on gas driving to see him every couple weeks just so he could work and spend time with me in the evenings.

Best Answer

Yupp. Then when you can't see eac other it just makes you more sad

Best Answer

I don't think it is sensible but sometimes you cannot rule your heart. I am not sure I would pursue it unless I know for sure it is great love.

Best Answer

Your defintley right !

Best Answer

yeah' they're super rad

Best Answer

I do not recommend them.

Best Answer

I was in one For two whole years. Trust me, it's not the end of the world. I was heartbroken for a month or two, then those feelings wore off and I found a new guy. Long distance can work, but almost always doesn't. You need real trust and time together to make it work like it needs to. I think you should just date in real life, because that means there's less chance of getting hurt again. Just say **** it and force yourself to let the feelings go. Because trust me, in a few weeks or even less, you'll feel fine. I know exactly how it feels.

Best Answer

nope sucks

Best Answer

At your age, it really IS impractical. I mean... how often (if ever) can you really see each other?

Best Answer

I,ll never have a long distance relationship again! Its too hard.

Best Answer

I don't like them. I want substance to my relationships... ie someone to do things with and hold, etc... LDR's are great for getting to know the errors that you would make in a offline relationship, though.

Best Answer