mickey10186 mickey10186 26-30 12 Answers Oct 23, 2012 in Long Distance

do what makes you happy...

Best Answer

Does your new job pay more than his current job? What about the cost of living there relative to where you are currently living? These are all things you should consider as well.

Best Answer

WTF is in Montana?

Best Answer

Lol, you must be a city person. Lots and lots of scenery, which is how I like it.

Best Answer

Have you discussed the specifics as to why your husband feels as he does and helped him to understand what taking this job would mean to you? If you've thoroughly discussed things and still can't agree, then I'm sorry that's tough.

Best Answer

Times are tough and unless your husband has some high-power job that it would be a big mistake to leave, he should give it a try. As for your kids, they are presumably very young (given your age). They will just go along with what the parents decide. Any kid would love to grow up in a Big Sky Country, truth be told.

Best Answer

My husband and I don't have any children, and it has been my lifelong dream to move to Montana. My husband has a great job, but he refuses to move out of Utah, even thought I have given up the college of my choice for him. He wouldn't like it there, and it seems like nothing makes him happy anymore. My parents and husband have known about this for years of what I wanted to do, and they think I'm stupid. According to them, its too cold (love the winter and scenery in the summer), too small, and I would hate being in a tourist town. Funny thing is that I'm very social and love talking to different people. I refuse to be one of those women who gives up everything for her husband and then regret not following her dreams. It may sound selfish, but who the hell would like living that way? Life is too short!

Best Answer

Too small? Montana? Coming from Utah, you'd think they'd at least be familiar with western states.
Anyway, if you gave up going to the school you wanted for your husband's sake, maybe it's his turn to return the favor.
Why not give it a try? If you both decide you don't like it, you can always move back. Nothing is set in stone.

Best Answer

He is one of those people who thinks he is always right. He is a good guy, but he is a lot more selfish than I am. Its right next to Yellowstone Park and he is a car salesman and would have a hard time there. He hates the cold with the passion. I'm actually considering doing long-distance. It might actually work for us, it might make us realize we don't belong together, but everything happens for a reason. We have a house together, but I have no problem leaving it.

Best Answer

Long distance could bring out the best or worst. He might surprise you and rise to the challenge. As for being a car salesman, those are very transferable skills. Good sales skills will open doors for him in Montana too. He just needs to think a little outside the box.

Best Answer

by family do you mean kids? If not it's just a choice between your dream and your husband. Did he not know you were applyig for a position in another state? Would he be able to find work there? wwhich one is really better for you in the long run? There are many questions to conside when making your choice.

Best Answer

We don't have any kids, and my husband and I haven't been in a good place in our marriage for awhile. We went to counseling, but he doesn't think we need it, and the countless talks are exhausting. I have never been a top priority for him, even though I have up the college of my choice for him, because he refused to move out of the SLC valley. He refuses to ever get out of his comfort zone, where I love to get out and try new things.

Best Answer

then accept the job and go. He knew of your dreams from the get go. You guys may not be compatable. It's something you might have to accept, and since your family belittles your goals, there's no reason to acknowledge their opinions. Just make sure you can actually support yourself and you know what you are walking into...because they don't want any parts of you dream so they are unlikely to help.

Best Answer

I have friends in this town that can help. This job pays very well and I wouldn't have a problem supporting myself.

Best Answer

It's time to have a sit down and a heart-to-heart talk with your husband. As to the rest of the family, their opinion(s) shouldn't weigh in on the decision.

Best Answer

Well you have to love Montana to live in Montana.

Best Answer

How far away is it from where you live now?

Best Answer