I Once Saw A Dog Kill Another Dog In Front Of My Eyes & This Destresses Me. Back in 1997 I was on my way back from school in Hong Kong when The bus whilst traveling by public transport I was on was stoped in a traffic jam out the corner of my eye caught a glimpse of a dog fight in which a dog was malled to death by another dog, It was somthing I'll never forget. I felt uterly helpless as I wanted to stop the dog fight but coulden't the fight began because a stray dog had got loose & picked a fight with another dog someone was walking that had gotten loose from it's collar & lead and it's owners diden't notice until too late, I felt horribly sadded by this as It was the waste of a otherwise healthy dog. This incident still haunts me to this day. why is it that this still destresses me when ever I think of it as I never mentioned this to anyone until now 16 years later. James
teksing888 teksing888 31-35, M 15 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Emotional Health

It is so horrific when you hear these stories. They do not stop do they? It is a shame that it still continues even in countries where they are banned.<br />
I hope that the lovely people who care for dogs, occupies your mind more so that you are able let yourself heal

Best Answer

I did I get over it eventualy as in 2000 I moved in with a loving family who had a lovely Golden Labrador called Freeway. who loved me, I loved her until her untimely death in 2005 she was 13 years old when she was put down due to chronic Arthritis. It was not nice to see her in so much pain but at least she isn’t suffering anymore that's why my on-line Avatar is of her. James

Best Answer

it would still destress me...i'd worry if it didn't. Your feeling seems normal to me.

Best Answer

me too Shocking and sad.

Best Answer

Thanks at least you understand me. James

Best Answer

I stepped in dog crap 10 years ago and it still bothers me.

Best Answer

It's something that would stay with me, too

Best Answer

Thank You, It dose still stay with me although I am mostly over it now 16 yrs later as I have loved a dog Called freeway who I knew from 2000-2005 when she sadly passed away at the age of 13, I only knew her for the final 5 years of her life. I was living in lodgings at that time in Harrogate England. James

Best Answer

Tec(james) I am glad u you let it out at last.When dogs fight that viciously,neither is aware of what each is doing, nor do they feel pain DURING THE EVENT. Animals also have a much healthier attitude to death than we have.

Best Answer

Why would they not feel pain? What nonsense.

Best Answer

Sorry old fruit,not feeling pain is part of the fight and flight mechanism which is shared by humans.I hope u r not lawyer. You don't read carefully.The operative phrase id "during the event" It.s up there. Black and white.Can't get much clearer. That carelessness aside,James has had a . He has my support.very traumatic time regarding dogs

Best Answer

Thank You for your support sorry It's taken me so long to reply as My laptop has been crashing lately.

Best Answer

OMG, how could you not be distressed & appauled by that, hate any mistreatment of any animal, awful

Best Answer

I hate animal mistreatment too as specialy as they can't talk back to there abuser &amp; also because it's funditimentaly cruel to cause suffering to another animal,James

Best Answer

Sounds like a distressing thing to see, it'd stick with me too. It's probably to do with the fact that the image itself is stuck in your memory, so you keep being reminded of how it made you feel at the time.<br />
There are people who are still bothered by the death of Princess Diana that same year -- THAT's unhealthy (unless, y'know, they actually knew her).

Best Answer

I wasen't too affected by Dianas death, I just felt sory for her two sons who where left without a mother.

Best Answer

Yes, it's normal. You witnessed something brutal that resulted in a death. I think anyone with an ounce of compassion would've been strongly affected.

Best Answer

Thanks for the support. I was effected deeply about this for years after the incident. now they have tighter dog laws in HKG this sort of thing can't happen anymore although It saddens me to think it took cases like the one I mentioned before the goverment took notice of it. James

Best Answer

It would stick with me differently than, say, a fight to the death of two wild animals. We tend not to expect that sort of thing from tame animals, even if one of them is a stray.

Best Answer

you were young and shocking events stick with you, you were obviously traumatized by the event and it has imbedded in your subconscious, i witnessed an horrific event when i was 11, the image,s, smells and screams still haunt me till today. it is normal to feel like you do, you were helpless to do any thing about it, this has manifested its self, and has put guilt where it should not be. there was nothing you could have done.

Best Answer

Its normal, traumatic experience..

Best Answer

Thanks for the support I was begining to wonder wether I was the only one who felt this way. James

Best Answer