This may sound odd but an old time remedy..my mother inlaw gets hives really bad and a friend suggested she take 1 cup and add it to her bath water and just sit in it for fifteen minutes, when she got out the hives were almost gone it helped alot....and besides bleach will not hurt you diluted like that. Hope this helps... ;)

Best Answer

Calamine lotion and an oatmeal bath- wash your shets and pillow case in white vinegar- rinse well

Best Answer

I've gone through the same thing the last couple of year. Just being in bed with covers on causing your body temperature to go up would bring hives out on me.<br />
I take Allegra D and it seems to be helping.<br />
I never did find out why I was getting the hives. A doctor, preferably an allergist, will be able to assist you in determining what may be causing the hives. <br />
Sometimes we just go through these periods of developing hives and will never know why.

Best Answer

It's the wondering that's scary. I'm afraid "what is my throat swells" but it's nice to know I'm not alone. The bed thing happens to me too I think having my fan on me at night helps

Best Answer

I use my fan all year because of the hives. Taking a hot shower will cause the hives to come out. Sometimes I'll end the hot shower with a cold shower. I definitely put my fan on me when I'm blowing my hair. I see they have these new blankets that have vents in them so you don't overheat. Something to think about.

Best Answer

By any chance have you been hiking? Why would you have it only on stomach and arms and it is shampooo?! You see what I am saying? You might have got in contact with poison oak or pet a dog who went out in the woods and got it-it is something that you stomach and arms got exposed too-not the shampoo

Best Answer

When I washed my hair I used it like a body wash. My neck was itching, my arms, my thighs, and my stomach. When I woke up this morning after getting 3 hours of sleep I had them ridiculously all over my stomach. I showed and washed with my old shampoo. It's still red but not itchy anymore.

Best Answer

benadryl

Best Answer

Rinse yourself off thoroughly. If you have anything with diphenhydramine in it, take it. Call your doctor immediately. There's something you're allergic to, and the reaction can get worse each time you're exposed to it. Find out what's causing it. In the mean time wash your hair with a natural shampoo, or castile soap.

Best Answer

I honestly can't afford a doctor and I have no insurance but I did shower again I do feel better. I think it was that herbal essence "color me happy" shampoo.

Best Answer

What is a concern is that you've had have hives before? Try to remember the products, and do a label check at store. Try to find out if the products have ingredients in common, eg dyes, sodium lauryl sulfate, etc.

Best Answer

sure it's not bedbugs?......epidemic here...........if not splurge on a more expensive hypo shampoo..........some people need the good stuff.......while the rest of us will do with a bar of generic soap ;-)

Best Answer

I was getting hives a few months ago and we checked for bed bugs so it's not that. My boyfriend and I use and eat all the same stuff and it's only happening to me.

Best Answer