TheBlessedOne TheBlessedOne 46-50, F 10 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Health

Echinacea and Golden Seal. Herbal remedies to deal with viruses.

Best Answer

Nice, and I think I have the Echinacea in my stash of herbs already. I will add the Golden Seal next.

Best Answer

That's good! Hope they will really help you. Get well soon! :-)

Best Answer

sounds like it went into a sinus infection- if you are blowing ur nose and green or yellow is comming out u need an antibiotic. same thing if u r spitting up anything but clear phglem. Heat a pan of boiling water, pour it into a large GLASS bowl put a tablespoon of vicks vaper rub into the water- put a towel over the bowl put your head under the towel and breath in the vicks a few puffs, take your head out get a few puffs fresh air and repeat. Do for like 5 minutes. This helps sinus and headaches. for flu- this works BEST at 1st sign of sickness but it will help anytime during flu to make u less miserable- if you take at 1st signs it can actually KILL flu or strep throat germs. in one cup put 1 tea bag of green tea, one tea bag traditional edicinals echinachia tea, and one tea bag of ginseng tea. pour boiling water over and steep 4 min- then add 2 tbs raw honey, 2 tbs braggs raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar- it has to be raw and organic oney and vinegar or it won't work. drink the tea 3 times a day for three days then take a break- none of this kind of tea for a day then back on for three days and off a day etc, also gargle with the braggs vinegar straight- at first sign of a cold or flu like any sniffles, sore or scratchy throat, tickly throat, ear ache, sneezing more than 2x, or fever. the gargling and the tea will knock out the germs completely if you catch it quick. if not it will lesson the symptoms. Dont forget home made chicken soup with fresh basil fresh rosemary, thyme garlic, bay leaves, hot pepper flakes, curry powder, oloive oil and red wine in broth, cook with onions, carrots parsnips and add kale in bowl before u pour hot soup in,.

Best Answer

Nice, I will try those. That sounds like a recipe that could cure anything. That is what I was looking for.

Best Answer

If it is influenza then probably rest and sleep would be the best thing. If in doubt get it checked out though.

Best Answer

I wish I could sleep more.

Best Answer

Aww :( I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will return soon. That and drinking plenty of fluids are great healers.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

Hot peppers and lots of vitamin C!!!!!Lots of rest!!!!!!!

Best Answer

I will try that. I have used high doses of vitamin C but not the hot peppers.

Best Answer

I had a bad flu one time and ate tons of lemon for three days with no effect until my friend ordered a taco pizza with lots of hot peppers and after three slices,my cold miraculously disappeared!Like I never had one!!!So you know,always clean your system out by ridding yourself of the craps in your nose and throat every chance you get!I notice people just keep sucking it back as they continuously sniffle!!!I hope you get better!!!HUGE HUGS my dear!!!

Best Answer

Thank you. I will run down to the store today and pick up some hot peppers. I am to the point I will try anything.

Best Answer

That doesn't sound like the flu to me, more like an allergy. You should get it checked out.

Best Answer

So something more than the flu. I have had a sore throat for the past two weeks.

Best Answer

I've never known anyone to swell with the flu.

Best Answer

I do everytime I get sick do some reason. I agree something else is going on here.

Best Answer

Cucumbers on your eyes, or cold cloths. Antihistamines are the best for swollen eyes and stuffy head, but some people are allergic to them.

Best Answer

I will try that. I know I feel miserable.

Best Answer

If you aren't allergic to them, try Benedryl Capsules. They are great. But be sure you have nothing pressing to do for the next 8 hours, because it will make you really sleepy.

Best Answer

They do knock me out cold. But the sleep would be good for me.

Best Answer

Then go for it. You need the sleep. Don't forget to drink lots of water and either juice or ginger ale or seven up to keep from dehydrating.

Best Answer

I will do that thank you.

Best Answer

steaming hot water in a bowel an breath the steam, then stay in bed :) with soup

Best Answer