ManiacalTom ManiacalTom 31-35, M 9 Answers Nov 17, 2012 in Community

I used to do that. Since being medicated I get at least five hours a day now.

Best Answer

That is well enough. A few hours is best anyway. Peace.

Best Answer

Yeah I was awake for more than 61 hours , I even managed 18 hours a day .

Best Answer

well it was 61 straight hours. I once did 72 hours with 6 mg of xanax. I normally take 300mg of Seroquel. If i take it like normal, I can't stay awake. I just hate meds. ugh.

Best Answer

I've been an insomniac all my life. Without sleeping meds I sleep amybe two hours in a 24 hour period. Before medication I had never had REM sleep, so my body was reacting to sleep deprivation, but Meds help me get a good balanced sleep. Two years ago I switched over to all natural organic medicines and my body has adjusted well to them.

Best Answer

Nope, only ten hours then again I was awake without my meds. I almost skipped them again. Ugh.

Best Answer

When I was going to this "Pain and Wellness Center", They were giving me enough pharmaceutical, control substance, pain "meds" that I almost "croaked over"....that is, taking it only as prescribed!...I chose to get away from all of it...I went through withdrawal, comparable to having a bad "flu" [and like not being able to scratch an itch-that's bugging you]...and I could not sleep!...I stopped going to this "drug- money maker-center"...I'm much better now...soley thanks to ME! Thank God my momma ain't feed no dummy!!!....I sleep much better now....sez me....

Best Answer

I stayed awake before they put me on the meds. Now I sleep, but if I skip the meds, then it is back to the old ways of staying awake for days at a time.

Best Answer

sorry, I misunderstood...I just woke up...lol...in that case, they really do help you, you're lucky that you know what relieves these probs,,,cheers!

Best Answer

What do you suffer from? You sound like you have bipolar symptoms? You can't be skipping your meds. Getting no sleep like that can give you psychotic behaviour. You don't want that!!!

Best Answer

You are correct. I am Bipolar and BPD. I just can't help it. I have always stopped my meds here and there. I understand the psychotic behavior. I was crazy the whole time I was awake. I even drank tons of beer and didn't get drunk. I can't help it. I just hate meds.

Best Answer

How long have you had this diagnoses? You know how important it is to stay on your meds. No matter how good your manic behaviour has you feeling....Would hate to see something bad happen to ya. =(

Best Answer

I have had the Bipolar since 1999, the BPD has just been since this year. I have much practice of not taking my meds like I should. It is just what I do. Thank you for being so kind and caring of me though.

Best Answer

No problem. I'm in nursing school and have been working with patients who have gotten in a bad place due to not taking their meds. Would hate for that to happen to you.

Best Answer

me too. How about patients who have have their conditions worsen because of hormones? I had testicular cancer twice and I have no testicles now and I can't afford the hormone replacement therapy. Could that be a reason for my sudden worse condition. I have started cutting this year, and I have over a hundred scars now. I am in love with it. Could it be because of this?

Best Answer

Ive battled insomnia a bit this year for different reasons but 61 hrs is not good. Your mind can snap anytime after 48 hrs so you need to rectify it so you are at least sleeping at that interval

Best Answer

I was extremely Hypomanic the whole time I was awake. Crazy times!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Where were your drugs? Or do you mean you were awake only 61 hours in a week? That's about my style - take the drugs and conk out. I sleep way too many hours.

Best Answer

no, I skipped 2 days of my meds and I was awake 2 1/2 days. If I take them then I sleep, but I don't always want to take them. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help it sometimes.

Best Answer

I wish I could go without mine. I was forced to last weekend and the pain was unbelievable.

Best Answer

gotcha, you were awake 61 hours in a row.

Best Answer

that is why I hate mine. they make you feel so freaking fake.

Best Answer

yes, but you were reading the wrong reply. sorry.

Best Answer