We teach at the same school and live in the same building, so we walk to and from school together. Also, we live overseas. So if I was in the U.S. I would probably just buy her some "Clinical Strength Secret" and leave it on her desk anonymously, but where we live it's very difficult to find Western products if they are even here. She generally seems like a clean, well groomed person, but in the afternoons her odor is so offensive I don't even want to be in the same room with her and walk home with her. I know others must be offended by it, too. I'd rather not be the one to tell her, but since we are both new to this school/country and live in the same building, I am probably the closest person to her at this point. If you were her, how would you want to be told??
coquette coquette 26-30, F 24 Answers Sep 17, 2012 in Health

Just tell her, she's not going to get mad at you as long as you're not rude about it. If I was her I would thank you for informing me.

Best Answer

Perhaps there is a medical issue. I would suggest an appt. at the doctor for a check up.

Best Answer

Join a gym or swimming club and go every afternoon. That way at least she'll get a shower!

Best Answer

Body odor is generally an internal condition. Most of the times, showers provide temporary relief. I suffer from TMAU, so I know much about it.

Best Answer

"You kind of need some deodorant" would be mortifying enough for me to run out and buy some ASAP and apply it liberally. I don't know how you lack the ability to smell your own body odor..if I smell even slightly I am repulsed and apply more deodorant.

Best Answer

I know! I don't know how she doesn't notice it!

Best Answer

As a TMAU sufferer, I could not smell my own body odor. She might have a rare genetic condition.

Best Answer

The odds of that are unbelievably minute and not even worth considering.

Best Answer

i know its not easy to say but you can disclose these all things with your another close friend who are close with both

Best Answer

Do what CitizenSmith says. Brilliant

Best Answer

I can imagine how you must feel - but you are going to have to pluck-up the courage to tell her in no un-certain terms that she stinks from here to high heaven. Coming from Canada she must know about deodrants etc, so maybe it is how she was brought-up and feels it is ok - or has a medical problem - either way, you are going to have to teach her new hygiene habits, and if she does not thank you now - she will one day.

Best Answer

sometimes it is best to say nothing at all unless the smell is so bad it makes you dry retch, maybe she has super sensitive skin and cant use a deodorant

Best Answer

i had this problem once! But my coworker's smell was simply some cheap perfume or scented cream that caused me headach! I solved it in a tricky way! Picked the worst drama queen in the place and whispered it to her ear as a secret! :p few days lator, the bad smell was absent!

Best Answer

I do like the "2 for the price of 1" angle. Yep.

Best Answer

I guess you could try to tell her indirectly?

If that doesn't work then there is no other way around, you'll have to tell her in the best diplomatic way possible.

Best Answer

maybe buy her some soap and perfumes as a present for something so it seems more subtle

Best Answer

you'll figure it out when you can't hold your breath any longer.....be nice about it...

Best Answer

Can i have her phone number please? I love smelly girls....

Best Answer