I feel sad about the abortion, but I know it was the right choice. I would like to get a tattoo to honor the life that could have been, to acknowledge it.
raenyday raenyday 18-21, F 76 Answers Sep 1, 2010

i think it is sweet that you want to do this. I got an abortion in January and have regretted it every day since. i didnt have much of a choice and it really hurts to see these horrible things. i never had a chance and i want to always remember the baby that was taken from me. I was also thinking of a tattoo. Im going to be getting a big butterfly and a little butterfly with the quote " the weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong". the butterflies because it represents the four stages of development. The baby butterfly with be a symbol for my baby and the big for me. And the quote is because i have finally forgiven myself for doing this even though i had no choice. if i was weak i probably would have killed myself like i had planned to right after. i am strong. And every women who has ever been through this is strong. We are fighters. We have to deal with these things that people say. They will never understand. I personally came on here to talk to people who have been through the same situation as i have been. My sisters dont even know and i confide in people on here. If you are so against abortion why is it that you come on here. You are the bad people. Not us. God will forgive us for what we have done. God is the only person who can judge me. Who do you think you are?

Best Answer

I am also thinking of getting a tattoo in memory of my abortion last May. I am still very emotional about this and your message really touched me. It's nice to know that I am not alone, I can really understand how you have been feeling and I am hoping to get to a stage in my life where I can eventually forgive myself like you have. Your idea for a tattoo is inspirational and I would just like to let you know that your words have touched me so thank you ...

Best Answer

^^genni1995
I loveeeee! What u wrote almost brought be to tears . I agree with everything ur saying! I also want a tatoo for my experience Nd you've given me great insite. If u ever wanna talk about ur experience .. I'm here.

Best Answer

That sounds like a beautiful idea, my whole life I was always against abortion until I had to have one. I got mine today and I feel terrible I got so emotional and I saw women coming out like it was nothing I have 4 kids already and the timing was so wrong and it wouldn't have been fair to my kids or the new baby I know what I did was the right thing to do although I have a friend who understands and I can talk to I don't talk to many people about it because they are so judgemental. I hate how I feel but I know God will forgive me

Best Answer

no ones knows what the situation is or how hard this situation is until you have been through it. so everyone that has been extremely rude should feel bad, how you can type such horrible words to someone you dont know is unbeliveable. Lets just hope none of you have to go through such a **** expierience as abortion. every story is totally different, so no one has a right to judge. no one needs awful words written to them, having an abortion is awful enough as it is.

Best Answer

I am sorry about all of these people who have responded so abusively to you. I am not sure whether you are doing this because you wish you had not had an abortion, or because you are glad you had an abortion, and that would influence the tattoo. I think that wings or a passionflower as some have said is a good idea. Personally I can't think of anything because I don't know where you are coming from, like what emotion you're trying to convey. Think of a metaphor to describe your feelings on that day perhaps?

Best Answer

:::: sigh :::::<br />
I hate ep

Best Answer

Anybody who has commented on this and has never had to actually deal with an abortion- you guys just make me laugh :-) You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. In fact you make yourselves look totally immature and clueless. Use birth control? Well no ****...really? Gosh if only that were 100% reliable. Any woman who has had an abortion has not done so because she wanted to. They have done it because they had to. I too would like a tattoo to commemorate my baby. I think it is a lovely idea Raenyday. I think about my baby every minute of everyday and i want a permanent sign on me to show he is always with me . I love and miss him all the time. Believe me, i saved my baby. I loved him way too much to let him be born into a situation that he did not deserve. So carry on children, you go ahead and call us murderers or whatever else you can think of. I know what i did was the least selfish thing i have ever done. And Raenyday- you definitely do not have to justify your reasons for anyone, so go ahead and don't pay any attention to the ignorant bullies on here :-)

Best Answer

Lol... Haha it is funny reading ignorant, judgmental comments from people who never had an abortion. I hadn't even read pass your comment yet. I haven't done a tattoo. But I have a stone that says peace on it as a reminder of mine. Everytime I think about the baby I aborted, I pick it up and hold it. Its my way of having peace I need to recover.

Best Answer

Hi, I just got a tattoo done for an abortion I had when I was 14. It was not much of a choice and I regret it.. As soon as I turned 18 I went online and found something I wanted drew part of it and went to a tattoo shop. I got the Abortion Recovery Ribbion in it, says "I'm sorry" with the date around it. The ribbion is 1/2 green and 1/2 white.

Best Answer

Skull and crossbones? Are you...serious? Can you even imagine how bad you're going to feel in 30 years when you look at that tatoo?

Best Answer

What these people have responded with is actually disgusting! Yous know nothing about the situation, sometimes girls have to have abortions, for the reason if they went on with the pregnancy it could be reall harmful for mother or baby! So if you want to get a tattoo for this reason, then go for it! These people know nothing of what you have been through!

Best Answer

You are so sick in the head,you have just murdered your child and all you can worry about is a fecking tatoo,I would have given everything I have to be a father and there is smug old you bragging about it,people like you I do not like,and that is saying it mildly.

Best Answer

Go Jump off a effin bridge and die your piece of worthless scum!
I'm having an abortion today i am ******** myself i am so ******* scared it is unreal i am doing it because i got raped yet people like you think you can speak like this to others do us all a favour and kill yourself

Best Answer

Grow up you cruel, poor excuse for a human being.

Best Answer

You're a nasty piece of work, get help.

Best Answer

You ******* ****. Get a a life you loser. If you want to be a father go out and be one unless your too ******* ugly and then in that case no one would want to **** you so i can see why you're upset. But after writing this nasty post you are in no position to be a father. Thank you for being too ugly to reproduce you dumb ****. Fyi learn how to spell dummy its Tattoo !

Best Answer

I bet you don't even know what the **** you are talking about honestly ! And abortion is one of the most hardest things to do for a woman ! So you can take ur snobby *** of off here cause honestly none wants your bullshit!
You aint perfect so shut the **** up and get the **** off !
Like really you ******* disgust me!!
Is this what you do with ur life ?! Sit on a ******* computer calling other people down just so u can feel good?!
Buddy, you are the kind of people I don't like!

Best Answer

Buddy! You should shut up and relize what its like honestly ! If u had a heart you would see that she is trying to get closure! She said she knew it was the best thing ... Like quit being so judgemental!

Best Answer

Please hun! Ur a poor excuse for a human ! Quit putting people down on the internet and get a life!

Best Answer

Nerrelle, You need to get help ... Your sitting there making fun of a woman who has gone threw possibly the hardest things in life so why don't u take that into some consideration before you start talking people down!

Best Answer

Uhhhhm when you say she went threw the hardest thing in life if you where talking about the murder of her child by her own hands that's her prob I have no sympathy for someone who murders their child and now cells bad you knew what you where doing you did it anyway if you didn't care about it enough to let it live then save it and keep it to yourself... I've read so many stories it's ridiculous if I went I to my sons room and killed him how many of you would stick up for me not a single one there's no difference... So for a woman to say someone is horrible for writing harsh words is crazy their not the baby killer.. And yes these are harsh words but the truth none the less.. And I hate when a woman says they had to murder their baby bs you didn't have to you didnt want it for whatever reason and you got rid of it that's a choice you made.. And to say its was the hardest thing you had to do all I hear is I I I I I what about the baby o it was so hard for you to make a app and murder your child and move on with your life enjoying whatever this world has to offer without having to lug a kid around what a shame..anyway godbless a yes I get a little judge mental on this topic I at the very least for people to stop acting like they where the victim whatever you did you weren't forced to do you not some heroic person who survived the tradegy of abortion your bit a holocaust survivor your a person who made a horrible choice for whatever reason.. Stop acting so proud about what you did that crazy

Best Answer

Live by the sword, die by the sword

Best Answer

Are you serious? Hell I don't know, a birth and death date deal with only the death date listed? Um... a little embryo with a X through it....Sorry, I'm all for tattoos, but that is the first time I heard someone wanting one for that.... if you want the tattoo out of regret or something then a very very tiny pair of angel wings maybe?.... what exactly is the motivation to commemorate this anyway?

Best Answer

You are very ignorant. Obviously you don't know what women who go trough abortions actually go through, it isn't always a choice we want to make. It's hard. It's awful. And we already punish ourselves enough without your arrogant bullsh*t comments.

Best Answer

Go suck a dead dogs knob you piece of seething ****, she had not updated her post and gave a flipping reason when I had responded, I would have been more serious if she had provided a ******* reason when she had first posted when I had posted. Did you ever think of that? Look at some of the other posts in here, I'm not the only one who thought she was being a troll before she posted the flipping details.

Best Answer

Also, keep in mind her first post before she edited it and explained actually suggested a skull and crossbones... how serious would you have taken that?
So quit being an overblown pompous judging **** when you only know what you think you see on a post from three years ago.

Best Answer

People sometimes regret having tattoos (like some other things). It would be best to wait until you've grown up.

Best Answer

I am an adult. I am "grown up"

Best Answer

I see that this was posted some time ago, but I still read many answers. <br />
All of the women that are pro-choice are such strong, beautiful people. I am a target of hate, disrespect and judgement due to a bad situation and my actions proceeding it. And it is so sad to see so many angry people. I got a tattoo for my unborn child, it says "little treasure". It means to me, what my child represents. It is my own burden and true love. Everyone goes through life differently. I hope, two years later, you now have a beautiful tattoo that symbolizes your child but also the strength, courage and love that you have. That all women have. I hope for your best, the best of all struggling women and for all of the people who do not fully understand or don't want to.

Best Answer

i know exactly how you feel, I'm looking to get a tattoo to commemorate my abortion too. I'm looking to get the abortion recovery ribbon too but one side in pink to symbolise a girl and the other half in blue to symbolise a boy.<br />
Ignore the disrespectful and cold hearted people who are saying all these horrible stuff because people don't understand your situation!! <br />
I had my abortion because I REFUSE to bring a child into this world where it wouldn't be fair,where i couldn't provide them with what they want and need. I would never want to be a failure to my child of not going to university and getting a good job and i absolutely 100% REFUSE to be living off hard people's working tax money as my benefits paying for my house! It's not fair, as much as that child has my love all the time I don't want them brought into this world to a teen mum and then for them to make the same mistake of getting pregnant at such a young age. I want to live my life and people can think that it's selfish but I want experience before i become a mum, I want my child to have a stable home where i can provide my child with everything it wants!! I was on the depo-provera injection aswell and was just the unfortunate 1% of people who got pregnant while on it. <br />
Just because I terminated my pregnancy doesn't mean I don't love that child because I love it just the same as I would if i had kept it! & I know my baby is in a safe place with the rest opf my family who have passed away looking after it!<br />
So you pro-life people can believe in your stuff but it is not fair to let a child live when it's going to suffer in life! It is disgusting that you would let a child live when it's just going to suffer when it could be in a better place! Be in the situation before you judge it!!! You have no idea what it is like having to give up your baby because you know you can't give it the life it deserves!!

Best Answer

if people dont have an answer for this girl then dont reply! why type pointless abuse to make people feel like ****?<br />
I love the ribbon tattoo with 'im sorry' in :) or the wings idea!...i'm thinking of doing the same thing which is how i stumbled on this post.<br />
hope your ok x

Best Answer

LOL I love it!!! abortion tattoo. you made the right choice hun and more people should! think of it this way, it is a fetus not a human. and it is simply another form of population control. if you are under 21 you should be forced to have an abortion. if the government says you are to young to drink then you are to young to bear children.

Best Answer

..then u are too young to have sex. and another form of population control would be forcing anyone under 21 to have an abortion smh stupid comment. I'm pro life but i sympathize with you all on here and i don't judge u. ultimately, like you've said, u'll stand before God.

Best Answer

Any1 on here that is telling this girl she is wrong for what she did is ******* pathetic. majoriy of girls dont want an abort they get preg at a young age or can not finically support a child and want to possibly finsh the edu and get prepared for a child! <br />
the suicide rate so extremely high for girls that have had abortions. of course they feel bad. a tattoo is a way to cope w/ the traumatic experience. <br />
example. geting to hearts w/ anglewings symbolizing mother and child and will one day be together. everything happens for a reason and sometimes its better to have an aborrtion when the bby isnt even devolved yet. some ppl know they couldnt handle the stress. sooo many ppl tgrow there kids or put them in frezzers but abortion is bad....

Best Answer

I also wanted to commemorate my 'almost baby,' and I considered tattoos. I also thought about buying a locket and leaving it empty, or perhaps building a small shrine. I'm still undecided. If I were to get a tattoo, I'd get a quote or a mizuko statue ('mizuko' is Japanese for water baby; people pray at mizuko statues after abortions or miscarriages).<br />
*For those of you who express astonishment at the idea of tats for abortions, I'll try to explain: most people, ancient and modern, get tattoos to express themselves or mark an important event in their lives. This is a little bit of both: I imagine the OP wants to express her grief and mark an event that resonated with her strongly.

Best Answer

I am sorry but I have to agree with pretty much everyone else. Why would you want to?<br />
I would agree with Destiney24 though, maybe "birth control saves lives" across your forehead

Best Answer

look people make thier mistakes! I HATE WHEN SOMEONE SAID OH YOU SHOULD TAKE YOUR BC OR SHOULD USE THE PROTECTION!! guess what honey! LIke i told everyone NOTHING IS 100% We were born on this earth with nothing and we will leave with nothing.. MAYBE YALL WILL REALIZE WE MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE TO HAVE ABORTION FOR CERTIN REASON BUT ITS STUCK WITH US IN OUR HEART, I had my first abortion last year i made the choice to get it done because i already have 2 children i love &amp; a stepson became in my life. I didnt want to bring another child in this world when i already have 3 children to love and care for. trust me i think about it everyday but i was happy with the choice i made. i have 5 yrs old,7 yrs and 13yrs. i dont see my stepdaughter who is 16 yrs that live in another state. age is a big different.. that all i have to say!

Best Answer

Some times birth controls don't work so people need to quit judging ... Like really :| &amp; she probably wants to do this for closure .. For her self.. Besides don't got an answer then don't comment

Best Answer

So many I's In This story.. Looking out for number 1 I see no one should just really one one form of birth control that's asking for trouble I do and will take care of any of my children planned or not and if I ever didn't want to have any more kids I'd have myself fixed not take the easy way out

Best Answer

I agree with this completely I have 4 kids already and have had 2 miscarriages I had mine today and I know it was the right choice no matter what anyone says about it. They don't know what we each go thru or what our situation is & I don't think anyone has any right to judge. I admit I used to be against abortion until now but I do have to say the few women who do keep getting pregnant and having abortions like it's nothing are wrong.

Best Answer

Are you serious? Are you out of your mind? Getting a tattoo. On your body to remind you of an abortion is not onlyY<br />
stupid but tackey. What do you expect to accomplish by doing this? Just forget about it. Don't Let having an abortion define who you<br />
Are . Its only one incident. In your life. You have your whole life ahead of you. . I would defintely recommend getting on a reliable form of. Birth control to prevent any other unwanted pregnancies. Stop being so emotional about it. When I ended my pregnancy at home I was. So relieved I didn't feel one once of guilt about it. I'm not going to spend the rest of. My life feeling like a criminal because I didn't want to go threw with it and have a kid I DiD NOT WANT!! GET OVER IT. A first trimester abortion is nothing.I'm not definely not interested in being anyone's mother.<br />
Sorry for all the typos .

Best Answer

It's awesome that you felt relieved. But why does it matter to you if the original poster felt she needed to commemorate her baby? Some people are more emotional than other's and feel things differently. No one is going to feel exactly how you feel for anything that happens in your life and vice versa. People need to learn to be more tolerant and respectful. If you don't like it then keep it to yourself.

Best Answer