I you're in a long term relationship and you want to get married but they don't what would you do? You have a family and are happy is it really a big deal?
BOJ1988 BOJ1988 26-30, F 3 Answers Jun 8 in Dating & Relationships

No. Luckily, I don't want to get married!

Best Answer

What if you find someone who does?

Best Answer

I still won't. If that's a dealbreaker for them and they leave because of it, then the relationship obviously wasn't worth anything more than a glamorized ritual to them anyway.

Best Answer

Well, do they mean they don't want to get married now or just don't want to get married at all? Because that would be an indication that they don't see a future with you.

Best Answer

Ever. I told him from the start. We've been together 6 years and have two kids together... if I didn't see a future I wouldn't have had kids.

Best Answer

Well if he's expressed that he's ok with it, I don't see why it would be a deal breaker. Plenty of people have settled down with kids and remain together without being married

Best Answer

He asked me. I said no, nothings changed I didn't want to 6 years ago and still don't, he seemed okay with it but talked to his family about it recently...

Best Answer

Is there a reason why marriage doesn't seem appealing?

Best Answer

To me it's a waste of time and money. If an entire relationship is defined by one day, one piece of paper and one meaningless ceremony/party it doesn't seem like a really important relationship. I feel being happy and together is more important than a piece of paper telling us we should be together. Plus divorce is expensive. On the off chance that we don't last forever I don't wanna go to court for years only to end up with an agreement we could have done on our own if we weren't married.

Best Answer