gingershuman gingershuman 36-40, M 5 Answers Dec 18, 2012 in Hobbies

Not coal but always nuts (which I hated), a satsuma (which I didn't particularly like) and a sugar mice that used to make me feel sick lol. Coal probably would've been more useful to me, at least I could've sculpted something out of it.

Best Answer

My mother always put real lumps of coal in our stockings for a laugh....

Best Answer

my husband found these stockings in walmart a couple of years ago. They were tiny black ones with coal in them. He hung them up next to the big stockings filled with all sorts of great things. My then 6 year old son was like freaked out. Like he thought he was a bad child. Even though my 10 year old daughter grabbed it and started laughing. A couple years later, my son still believed in santa. And he asked me, mom, have I been good this year, or do you think santa will give me coal again. <br />
As funny as it was suppose to be, I think it tramatised my son a little bit.

Best Answer

That's cute. I almost added, "Even if as a joke" to my qiuestion.

Best Answer

Only gum shaped and colored to look like coal. Do you know what happened to kids before the coal?

Best Answer

No, I don't know what happened to kids before the coal. Enlighten me, please.

Best Answer
Best Answer

I read it. Thanks.

Best Answer

My mom once gave me a stocking filled with "coal" but it was actually black foil covered dark chocolate chunks. I guess I was so bad I was good.

Best Answer