Psychiatrists will tell you that if you have a loving father/daughter relationship you have a much better sense of self esteem and won't go searching for "daddy's love" when you grow up. I did the shopping for love bit but I did notice the friends that had the best relationships with their dad<br />
s and talked to them about stuff(which I always thought was strange) didn't get pregnant outside marriage,finished college and did all the 'right' things. So in my experience anyway, looks to be true.

Best Answer

Well, I can say at least on my own part that it's kinda true. I didn't have the most loving and supportive father figure, or much of a good male role model out of my father (at all), and spent my years at home having to accept less than acceptable treatment cause there was no escape. I certainly made really poor choices as to men and how I allowed them to treat me, ended up marrying a man pretty much as bad, but I can say that over time, I've grown enough self esteem to decide I couldn't accept this for a life time, and left. In my separation now, I'm taking the year until my divorce to think hard about what to look for in a partner and at minimum, what I should be able to expect should there ever be a next time for me.

Best Answer

Well I'm screwed. My dad was in my life from the time I was born until I was 21 (22 now) and well, let's just say my mom had enough of him and so did we. Not exactly positive. He did his job and raised us right but he was such an *** to us. Soooooo well...ummmm...crap. <br />
But I've heard this theory before and it may or may not be true but it would be safe to assume that it would definitely help if not take away from the fact that you will choose a good relationship later in life. Going by what februarydays said, as soon as my dad took off I quit college,experimented sexually (not promiscusous), made jacked up but still legal choices. I'm not a mess of a human being but it looks like there's some truth to it.

Best Answer

Do you know what co-dependence is? I know both men and women (mostly women) who have/had this problem and who had a bad relationship with a parent (usually the dad). I had this problem when I was younger and routinely got involved with the wrong men. It's like I was subconsciously trying to find a man who was emotionally unavailable, like my dad, and get him to accept/love me - as if that would make up for my dad being absent. <br />
http://www.allaboutcounseling.com/codependency.htm

Best Answer

ONLY if that role model is a positive one. Not having any male role model is one hundred percent better than having a negative one.

Best Answer

that make perfect sence

Best Answer

i wouldn't know

Best Answer