About getting a knife from the kitchen and using that. I'm really desperate. Please help me
LittleLion19 LittleLion19 18-21, F 11 Answers Dec 1, 2012 in Self Harm

Okay, wait stop. If you need the pain (I know I do), try to do something less permanent. Ideally, do something non-harmful like just murder a pillow with a knife or tear up a book or just destroy something. But if you need to hurt, take a reeeeallly hot bath, or pinch yourself really hard, or try to bruise yourself. Or get something really blunt like a paperclip and try to cut with that. It will give you your normal cutting fix w/o permanent damage. If you can try to turn the energy into workout energy. Do as many pushups as you can or jumping jacks until you can't move. Literally, just do anything, ANYTHING, else to distract yourself. I've been there, I know how it is :(

Best Answer

I knew a couple of people that just wore a rubber band around their wrist and just snapped it when they got the urge. That might help.

Best Answer

Good advice!

Best Answer

Oh, don't do it. I know how it is. You need to distract yourself. This site is a good place. Just stay on here and keep talking about it if you must. As long as you are here, you are not there.

Best Answer

find an album that will make you groove to the beat and dance to that beat till legs hurt and feel the funky groove in your spirit to dance the way i dance the disco.

if that ain't working.. then i've suggest look for pictures of blood and gory cuts well if it does not work then i've got nothing.

Best Answer

Actually this pics make me want to do it more they trigger me and it sucks

Best Answer

then find a song you can dance to, throw a party and keep dancing....hit your groove

Best Answer

You need to get away from the knives/scissors/razors. You know the saying 'out of sight, out of mind'? That's how I finally stopped myself from cutting. Really.

Please put the knife away and try to distract yourself any way you can. It's not worth it.

Best Answer

You can cut your hair off and eat it.

Best Answer

Ew no

Best Answer

you need to sit down and rationalize with yourself. Right now you want to act on an impulse...a habit. You need to women up and realize that their are a lot of things to experience and live for and this destructive habit will be a hindrance to all of it. Make a stand to be happy.

Best Answer

eat a cookie take a milk cup watch something funny on youtube go sleep wake up and do it again

Best Answer

what is making you want to cut?? do you want to talk about it instead?

Best Answer

destroy something that won't matter if its broken

Best Answer

I am something that doesn't matter if broken because I am already broken so what's the point of fixing me

Best Answer

Ignore it and go to sleep.

Best Answer

would i die if i went on an all corn diet?

Best Answer