Wiltingflower Wiltingflower 36-40, F 10 Answers Mar 23, 2012

No. Not necessarily something seriously wrong. A doctor is obligated to let you know the results of your tests. He wants to make sure that you are informed of your health in the ways that you cannot see. Discussing blood work is important to let you know if you are in danger for other serious problems later on.

Best Answer

I am in the same boat. I recieved a call from the doctors, and I am freaking out. I am thinking its low iron and or cholesterol. Your mom probably has low iron. If the person is usually cold and tired thats somes symptoms of oron def. Best of luck. And don't worry all will be well.

Best Answer

if a Dr. wants you to come in to get the results of a test it does not always mean that something is seriously wrong. Taking blood for a blood test leads to such a broad spectrum of different tests for different reasons that you'd just upset yourself by trying to guess what he might want to talk about.. It could be as simple as your cholesterol might be a little elevated and he wants you to come in and discuss you family history and a course of action- which could be as simple as wanting to discuss your diet. <br />
Yes, it could be serious, but it could be just something he wants to make you aware and how to make a change in your lifestyle. The main thing is not to worry about anything in your life until you have something to worry about, and even then, taking some sort of action is more productive. I have never seen worry solve anyth8ing, and it can make you physically sick.<br />
So go on about your business knowing that all is perfectly fine - thoughts are powerful. Whatever you worry about, whatever you focus on, the universe will supply. So, believe all is fine and it will be. <br />
I was called in once and my Dr. told me I had a rare Immune disorder. Of course I freaked, went on-lone to read about it, and was sure I was gonna die and/or have horrible side effects. I never needed to go there. I have to take a baby asprin a day and never had one bit of trouble. So even if you get a diagnosis - focus on what you have to do to handle or cure it - and do not give into to the fear - it's usually way out of proportion and again, can make you sick, Any kind of stress will exacerbate any condition you have.<br />
Relax, be confident, and have a ;knowing' that all will be fine.

Best Answer

Thank you for your comment...I am trying to not think about it but my family history is not the best when it comes to illness.... I lost my sister at 21 years old to cancer...so instantly you mind goes there even if you try to not think about it.

Best Answer

Not always. Recently I was called in to get MRI results, freaked out for 4 days n had awesome results. Same thing with my other Dr and blood results. Waited two weeks and everything was normal. It's criminal really!

Best Answer

Usually it means you have Teh Aids.<br />
Seriously, it is basically to give you a warning about a present or future problem and how to deal with it.

Best Answer

I just be worried if he asked if you could bring someone with. My doctor told me thats what he does because the patient passes out and is so upset they can't drive themselves home.

Best Answer

I think it depends on what other tests you had done before the dr. called (when you went in before). I mean, it could be something simple and nothing to worry about. Maybe I should be clearer. I would think that it depends on what the tests were for to begin with. It could be that the results from previous blood tests came back negative and the dr. wants to see if it is something else. I hope that makes sense.

Best Answer

Thanks for your answer..it is my mum I am concerned about. She has been feeling very run down and very low in energy..it seems to be getting worse so she had a blood test...now the dr called her to go in to discuss results...I am trying not to get anxious but I have a big knot in my stomach.

Best Answer

Is it for her iron level? A low iron level would do it. If it's the iron level, then taking some iron tablets would help. There may be a problem with her thyroid. But I'm only going on what you have said. Feeling run down and low energy are good signs of iron deficiency. Does she eat enough iron rich foods like leafy greens, red meat, or raisins?

Best Answer

Sweets, she could just be anemic which can be handled with iron pills. He may want to impress on her why is so important that she take the pills until he checks her again . Don't assume the worse... and breathe!!! Smile

Best Answer

Not really, Welcome to the Canada/U.S modern medical system. You are not a patient you are a client!! for FDA to get bigger and bigger, the more sick ppl the more times you go to the doctor, the more times you take drugs, the richer they become.
There is no reason for someone to having to do 50 billion blood test.
Remember God made your body, to heel its self, If you're willing to listen to your body.
in the end you take care of your body (WHen you're healthy your body will take care of you. ) however most ppl just assume the body is self heeling even when they dont give a sh*t about their own body.

Best Answer