Because he/she doesn't feel good talking about it. Though you know that he/she trusts you very much but he/she knows that it will affect you (the secret does not concern you but it will affect you) cause he/she knows how much you really care. Would you still want to know the secret? Will you push it or will you let it go?
zoiera zoiera 26-30, F 8 Answers Jun 14 in Doing Good

I would respect their decision and not judge them.

Best Answer

If it is a friend, I can back off although it might remain at the back of my mind. If its my partner, I would want to know but I am willing for him to tell me in his own time.

Best Answer

Let it go. If he/she doesn't want to share it why should I pester.

Best Answer

Respect them enough to leave it alone. They will discuss if and when they are ready.

Best Answer

I'd tell him/her that it's up to her, whether or not s/he'll tell me. I'd love him/her the same.

Best Answer

Napanood mo na yung gusto mong movie? Hehe.. sabi nung friend ko nakakadisappoint daw :p

Best Answer

Fault in our stars? O_O I like it!!!!!!! bakit disappointing daw, it was beautiful! O u O

Best Answer

Kasi daw super ganda nung book.. kaya disappointing

Best Answer

LOL! But the movie followed the book!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

I wouldn't push a good friend for a secret. Though if you are a good listener they may tell you anyway. Do you know why they won't tell you the secret, is it to protect you, or are they too ashamed?<br />
If they are ashamed you may like to tell them about the technique that Brenê Brown, the shame researcher, identified. That is, that the best antidote to shame is to share the experience with a supportive friend who won't judge you.

Best Answer

No. It is disrespectful and uncaring to "push it" unless it was done in a really gentle way. Example? If someone has just found out they have cancer and are upset about it and doesn't want to talk about it, for the moment. (Ditto other illnesses, unemployment, death, bad or good news).<br />
If you're still unsure, what would LOVE do? Recently a friend of mine found out she had cancer and I bought some "cancer aid" socks for her. It suddenly occurred to me how annoying it must be to receive those socks. And asked my friends about it. They said it was tactless to give them, so I kept them myself.

Best Answer

Thats a lot of hypothetical stuffs. I would let it go, but secretly try to find out the secret with secrecy.

Best Answer

But what if he/she finds out.. wouldn't that make him/her feel bad?

Best Answer

Maybe... I would just explain to them that I needed to know but respected them enough not to force them to tell me.

Best Answer