Ok, suppose you knew of someone who, with the touch of his hand could take away any emotional scars or emotional pain you are feeling. Would you let him? and if so, what painful thing would he be taking? Just to be clear, it's a hypothetical idea where you could get rid of emotional pain. not physical.
MrWinstonSmith MrWinstonSmith 22-25, M 18 Answers Dec 24, 2012 in Health

Would I still even be me if you removed all that has caused me emotional pain? Who would I be without the experiences that have hurt me along the way? Would my life be better or worse? My life is not so bad now that it would be worth the risk. I think I'd decline the offer at this point. I don;t know how bad my pain would need to be before I would do that but certainly much worse than it is now.

Best Answer

pain makes us who we are even though we don't like it so no i wouldn't because then i wouldnt know the true meaning of life

Best Answer

It depends what kind of pain and feeling. If part of the deal was to take away my physical pain, such as hurting when I fall ( and other things like that ) then I would have to think about it. If I don't have physical pain and I've just lost a limb or smacked my head on a desk, getting knocked out, I wouldn't feel the pain to let me know that I wasn't slipping away.<br />
If that didn't come with the deal and it was strictly my emotional pain right now, then yes, I would. I would let him take it away, of course. The pain he would be taking away would be mainly from my abusive ex and the loss of my dog ( who was my best friend ). Others would include my youth, being hated and bullied in my school day in and day out. <br />
I've been in and out of suicidal thoughts, depression, PTSD and a lot of hate. I would hope that he could take that away from me.

Best Answer

Many have offered, lol. But I doubt that he could, and I'd wonder what he would want in return.

Best Answer

Yes i would let them. I would let thm take away all of the memories of my parents divorce and seeing them get into new relationships..

Best Answer

No, my pain is all I have.

Best Answer

you're the first one who seems to get the point of the question :P

Best Answer

You have to keep something for yourself.

Best Answer

how about women,s pregnancy pain ?? is tht included bro lol ?

Best Answer

Epidural :-P Worked for me lol

Best Answer

I know u right ?? lol u are the one helping me to give up smoking :P

Best Answer

purely emotional pain, I would think the answer to this question if it were physical pain would always be yes :P

Best Answer

haha man was just kidding i understand only emotional pains we cant ever compare the pain of pregnancy with emotions :D

Best Answer

I'd like to know who this man is. It sounds like a deal with the devil.<br />
If it was Jesus and He approved, fine. <br />
Otherwise, I think I would decline the offer and keep living my life. <br />
But after I told him no, I don't think I would turn my back on him.

Best Answer

Of course :)

Best Answer

I've dealt with most of that stuff, but just in case there's more remnants remaining than I am aware, let him take it ALL away.

Best Answer

nope.<br />
that pain, those scars, are my experience<br />
.............. and contribute to my learning.<br />
so he would be taking away my experience and my learning.<br />
respect, from robbie

Best Answer

I already have and love him with all my heart. He means everything to me

Best Answer

Perhaps the anger I feel inside me, the regret and the never-stopping longing for something I can never have...

Best Answer

My man does as much as he can...and when he cant hes just there for me.

Best Answer

I'm talking about a hypothetical scenario where you can choose to get rid of emotional pain.

Best Answer

Then i dunno. Im in the real world

Best Answer

your life probably. because when you're dead, you feel no pain.

Best Answer

what would he be taking as in what emotional pain do you have.

Best Answer

I like my pain emotional or otherwise.

Best Answer

yea, I wouldn't give mine up either.

Best Answer