I would like to answer this question in two parts. The question of the existence of Heaven and Hell. Afterward, the question of suicide being wrong or right.<br />
To those who claim there is no hell. Your statement is analogous to someone who has never experienced love stating, "There is no love." Those of us who have experienced love know the futility and ignorance of the statement. The difference is, no one living has ever experience Heaven or Hell. Consequently, we have no way of knowing if Heaven or Hell exists.<br />
So, to make a blanket statement such as, "There is no Heaver or Hell," or it's twin, "There is no God," tells more of the speaker than the reality of Heaven, Hell, or God. Unfortunately, it speaks of a narrow point of view that is unwilling to accept the possibility of something outside and beyond our own existence.<br />
Now, to Roxi's question on killing ourselves. I believe firmly that as long as there is life there is hope. The most powerful drive in humans is self-preservation. There are many examples of people surviving sunken ships, so I will leave the particulars of her question and look at it from a broader POV, that of suicide for any reason.<br />
There is more than one reason for someone to commit suicide. For some it is a cry for help. A cry that unfortunately is only recognized too late, for the victim. Many of these people are not really trying to kill themselves. They know no way out of what they consider a hopeless situation (remember, I believe that there is always hope as long as there is life) so they are trying to anesthetize the pain and, at the same time, cry for help.<br />
Others have reached a point of total hopelessness. Be it physical or emotional pain they see no other way of stopping the pain, except killing themselves. In order to do this they must override the strongest drive or instinct we have. So, speaking from a clinical POV without trying to add any inferences, these people at the moment of committing suicide are insane. <br />
Insanity, infers that the person is unable to make valid judgements or see the consequences of their actions. Assuming there is a loving God, would He condemn such a person, solely on the act of suicide? I personally do not think so.

Best Answer

There is no hell. And it's not fair to believe that people who commit suicide will go to hell. Some people have absolutely NO other choice (like your example) and others live very bad lives and just want to end their unhappiness.

Best Answer

I completely understand.

Best Answer

Hell, limbo, purgatory, wherever you figure one goes when trying to pull a fast one on whomever you think runs the show.<br />
I'm in the Captain Kirk camp, there is no such thing as a no-win situation, ergo, checking out before a situation has resolved without ones fullest efforts to escape, mitigate or ameliorate it isn't cool...

Best Answer

Do you really believe there is a place where people are perpetually burned and the gnash their teeth and scream?

Best Answer

I wish there wasn't. I know I've suffered enough here on Earth. To think its possible I could go to a place like that knowing that I've never had any intent to harm anyone... Is a horrible feeling... It makes life seem hopeless. But then I think about all the wicked evil people that destroy the lives of children and innocent people and hope they burn in hell.

Best Answer

Yep, I know, life's not fair, never was, never will be, but believing in heaven and hell doesn't make things better to me... and its just too rediculous.

Best Answer

Of course. You can live by all the rules and still go to hell just for donating to the wrong church. All the people born overseas who never heard of Jesus, they're in hell. Ghandi is in hell. All our pets, well maybe not hell but they're not allowed in heaven.

Best Answer

Cobblers!

Best Answer

yep, lot of cobblers in hell. Good thing too, it's sandals only in heaven.

Best Answer

Never did like wearing sandals.

Best Answer

While there's life there's hope. Hell is what happens if you give up.

Best Answer

who knows ,only God knows.

Best Answer

it is still suicide hell on a technicallity

Best Answer

Nah, Davy Jones's locker,surely..?

Best Answer

Which is worse? Lol

Best Answer

I'm not God, but he should go to hell

Best Answer

Why do you think? He's going to die anyway. He's just choosing another way of dying. Does God really judge that?

Best Answer

Actually, if u read the bible well, u will see that, we don't own our life so we r nt allowed to end it. Everyones life is destined to end at apoint in time, you are not allowed to take ur life no matter what, instead, y not call on God to rescue you. He said he won't allow problems that will be more than us to come to us, meaning, he can save us, in every situation, I'm not judging , but its nt allowd. Thanks

Best Answer

If it was true that you could call on God and he would save you, then why do believers perish in terrorist attacks, earth quakes, hostage situations despite their cries to The Lord to save them? I believe in God just as much as the next person. I think God makes exceptions, understanding our fears and weaknesses and is merciful and just to forgive us. But it's interesting to see what other people think.

Best Answer