Can it refer to anything, and is it usually a compliment to the woman? Or does a guy ever say this about a woman because he feels she is inferior in some way? I never quite understand what this means. What's the norm?
Vessa Vessa 41-45, F 20 Answers Sep 26, 2011

It's an ex<x>pression ba<x>sed in sport competition, which is why I think men use it more than women. <br />
I was in a soccer league that beginner, intermediate and high competitive levels. You played other teams in your level, but the beginners would not play the competitive teams because they were "out of their league." Same sex, same game, but different leagues ba<x>sed on ability. This is standard organization for sports. <br />
I did notice though, females tended to use other language. "They're in a higher division" or "They're not in the B league." Males would often say "out of our league," meaning a higher competitive level. It's a sport colloquialism with no hard and fast rules, but I've never heard it used in the downward direction. The B teams might refer to the A Level as "out of their league" but they would say "That teams in a lower division" or "They aren't on our level" when talking about the C teams. Technically they were both "out of the league" but linguistically, it always implied a higher level.<br />
Romantically speaking, the man's implying the woman is too good for him in some way and he wouldn't stand a chance at courting her.<br />
I know how to spell "league" with no problem, but my fingers always type "leauge". Damn, it took forever to type this answer, Vessa. I pray it helps, because I'd hate to have to write more about it.

Best Answer

A compliment, but she's too good for him.

Best Answer

I don't really understand how someone could be "too good".

Best Answer

he's given up on life.

Best Answer

That's sad. :(

Best Answer

she is too pretty or smart or above his class, that is why i am alone, i am below all women, woe is me

Best Answer

It means she's too pretty for him.

Best Answer

The way I always understood it to mean was in a couple of ways. Financially is one but the other is judging from the way she looks and the way she presents herself she probably would not find someone like me someone she would spend any time getting to know. So the scale of compatibility in most areas outside of what meets the eye for her would not satisfy her. In other words, I could dress, look, and act like I’m compatible but I believe that outside of just a few things we would have in common, she would never accept me exactly the way I am today. What bothers me is women and men do all they can to look attractive and sell themselves to each other through appearance, but at the same time women will, almost without fail, say that a lot of money and what a guy has don’t count as much as honesty and all the other things that make up a great guy. Well I have some breaking news for women, I think there will be a record number of out of work great guys walking around so it should be a target rich environment for ya.

Best Answer

I have never heard this referring to anything other than the looks of a woman. When a guy says it he thinks he isn't attractive enough for her or he does not make enough money to overcome his lack of looks.

Best Answer

All good answers but I think the sentiment includes the implied notion that he is not willing to try to raise himself up to her level. He would prefer to coast and end up with a partner who feels somewhat gratefull to have him, lack of ambition and all.

Best Answer

she dont play football or ba<x>seball in fact she dont play ball at all

Best Answer

Rank men from 1-10 ------- 1 is a 300# guy who seldom showers and lives on disablity -- 10 is a supermodel who is good at everything and your parents like him --------- Rank women from 1-10 ------ 1 is the 300# guys twin sister ----- 1 is a hot and horny supermodel --- out of your leage is when you date higher number than your own

Best Answer

A "hot and horny" supermodel is ranked #1? Wow. That's quite a scale.

Best Answer

good answer FireNymph. Men use it mostly to describe a woman who is high maintenance or is too pretty for them.

Best Answer