Methen Methen 46-50, M 10 Answers Jan 1, 2013 in Community

They can be good friends, but just want to maintain their privacy and keep it to an online basis. People can have reasons behind it, and some just prefer anonimity. It doesnt stop them from being good friends online. As long as you can accept that it is as far as it will go, it can be a healthy relation.

Best Answer

Great answer. : )

Best Answer

@Mirages... thank you. :)

Best Answer

it only means they're not ready to take the relationship to the next level.

Best Answer

No. There's a natural progression toward REAL LIFE friendship. Online friends sort of rocket past the typical life-events that would slow down a real life friendship. In truth, that speed is not a stabilizing factor to the friendship. Taking time to know someone and really getting to know them over a long period of time makes sense. Why invite mediocre into your life? When you've established a long pattern of friendship and move off EP and into other means... that's just the progression. I have a LOT of friends on EP with whom it hasn't ever migrated away. I have a few friends with whom we did migrate away and even fewer that eventually got my phone number and contact info. Being circumspect is not about lacking trust, or friendship. It's about protecting yourself first and enforcing boundaries.

Best Answer

They probably are in their own way, on their terms. It seems they could at least tell you why.<br />
I DO understand them not wanting to though.

Best Answer

Well, if you're really their friend, you'll honor their wishes and keep on being their friend :)

Best Answer

on a site like ep i wouldnt make that call myself

Best Answer

leave them:)... respect their choices..!

Best Answer