To a great extent, if a person can make you feel good it's because you "let" them. You allow yourself to be affected by this person, you allow yourself to care about this person, you allow them "in". So, once you let someone in, and he/she lets you down or in any way disappoints you, it will be worse than if someone else disappointed you. It sometimes works backwards too, you know? Take the typical case of a parent that demands too much from a son/daughter. When this parent suddenly seems proud, it's more rewarding because he/she made the kid feel bad for so long before this.

Best Answer

We all have the power to make anyone feel good and bad. To me the secret to loving someone is to do your best to not make them feel bad. Of course the problem is the closer you let someone get to you and trust them the easier it is for them to hurt you.

Best Answer

I suppose wether you feel good or bad-its your reaction to own. Find the people who make me feel good, make me feel good most of the time. Yes they can make you feel bad with negative comments etc-but if they know you well they will now what your weak points are and try to avoid mentioning them-unless they are trying to pick a fight or make you upset.

Best Answer

Absolutely, if you let someone close enough to affect your emotions for the better, you're letting them close enough to affect your emotions period, for the better and the worse.

Best Answer

Yes, because we allow ourself to be affected by the environment.<br />
However, on the spiritual plane, we can train ourself to thankfully feel good with all things and all people: we feel good with light and darkness, with s/he who loves us and hates us.

Best Answer

Seems to me we people try to cure ourselves of our human nature. It's alright, don't repress the feelings, they will bottle up and get real hard to manage, let them flow, and get your share of love, too.

Best Answer

imrahil is completely right on. It is all about trust. And if in a trusting relationship you feel bad around that person if they care about you they will consider your feelings. But over all feeling good or bad really isn't the significant factor in life. If your actions and self esteem depend on feelings you are in for a huge disappointment in life. All that matters is knowing you can trust a person not on how they make you feel- good or bad.

Best Answer