joylovefaith joylovefaith 31-35, F 33 Answers Feb 23, 2009

A good judge is one who recognizes not only the law, but also the extenuating circumstances surrounding each individual case.

Best Answer

The question has no merit. Under the bailout plan, everyone will be taken care of. The evil grocery store chains will be punished for having the audacity of trying to make one pay for a loaf of bread in the first place. The Feds will force them to give their products away, free of charge.<br />
So again, no worries, be happy!!!

Best Answer

Theft is theft. If your family is starving you're not above explaining your situation to the grocer and asking for help. Also here in the U.S. we have numerous outlets for assistance. The majority of us here do not live in war torn Sierra Leone so being hungry is not an excuse for commiting criminal acts.

Best Answer

Legally? yes Morally? Who could blame him. But by stealing he's taking the money someone else would use to feed their family, so it's circular, that's why there are laws.

Best Answer

No. I remember my Dad stealing food from a supermarket for us when we were down and out with no money. Although I didn't realise it was stolen at the time!! When he brought food home that time for me and my Mum, he was my hero. We had been hungry for days. The potential scarifice that he was willing to make (loss of liberty perhaps) brings tears to my eyes and I'm grateful to my Dad for feeding us that night.

Best Answer

Metaphorically: this is an age old query. With no answer that is omni-present (god like or absolutely correct). It varies and is too subjective to lend merit to. <br />
Having said that: I'd steal a loaf of bread and the truck it road in on for my family if I had to. So, don't punish me!

Best Answer

Unfortunately, it is still Theft!!

Best Answer

Only if he steals my bread<br />
Then again there can be an opportunity to make a few bucks with a modern day interpretation of Les Miserables<br />
Ok steal the bread as long as I get copyrights

Best Answer

The guilt in this matter is for the judge to determine , the act is against the law and must always remain so otherwise we will have anarchy , the legal system provides legal aid . Morals aside in the eyes of the law their can be only one verdict ..... Guilty

Best Answer

It is against the law to steal..... regardless.

Best Answer

It is almost unheard of for a person to "starve" (implying death) in the United States. There are many that go hungry sometimes. There are some that are malnourished through no bad decisions of their own. That is the sad and horrible truth. Hunger seriously hurts.<br />
There are countless charities, churches, do-gooder organizations and food banks in the U.S. If a family is really long-term hungry, it is usually because they are too proud to ask for or accept help. So the underlying question is "Is it more acceptable to ask for help or steal?"<br />
Yes, if a person steals they should be punished proportionately. If every person who ever got hungry were allowed to steal food, then many small stores, owned by innocent hard working people would fail. <br />
As humbling and embarrassing as begging for help maybe it is the morally correct alternative.

Best Answer

yes...he should be made to live in shame with a starving family and no future while a greedy country bails out idiots...

Best Answer

If he stole it from me, yes, he should be punished. Then he should get a damn job.

Best Answer

I agree with drcynic. <br />
I would think that the necessary means taken to sustain the life of another would be taken into consideration - thus taking precedence above and beyond a conviction and sentencing of said person for the charge of stealing..

Best Answer

I dont believe in sending a man to jail for trying to feed a starving family if he/she had no other choice.Many people make too much for government help yet not enough to feed their families.My Dad would often poach deer out of season to make sure we got fed because money was so tight.Its pretty sad that we have people that hungry here in the United States, a nation that exports food to other starving nations.

Best Answer

Those who would punish see a dim future. A loaf of bread costs $3 and that is a lot for some. Usually there is plenty of bread, but sometimes not. Try to pay back somehow. If there is no money, do a service. Always say thank you, no matter how small the desire.

Best Answer

ONLY IF HES CAUGHT

Best Answer

No, definitely not.

Best Answer

I think each circumstance should be weighed individually. In a situation like this, those in trouble SHOULD be able to ask for help or offer to work for food, but if that isn't possible and they are caught stealing food, the "punishment" should be mild (like working a few hours for the store owner as repayment), and nothing that would put the family in greater hardship.

Best Answer

Even though I don't condone stealing , This situation is different. When you are desperate and you want to help your family then taking a loaf of bread is acceptable. If people would help each other , this would not be a problem. If someone knew this person was in need , the right thing to do would be to help them. Unfortunately in our society, the thought of helping someone is rarely thought of.

Best Answer