ArtIsLifeForMe ArtIsLifeForMe 16-17, F 14 Answers Feb 1, 2013 in Parenting & Family

Hard call. I guess it would depend on whether the kid is being lazy. Some kids have to work fairly hard for a B or C. Some barely put in any effort and make average grades. I think it's a good idea for parents to hold their kids to a certain standard, and I think that should be based on what their child is able to do.

Best Answer

Thank you, my thoughts exactly! I just wish my father would realize that as well.

Best Answer

of course not

Best Answer

Are you capable of doing better work? Do your parents have to continuously remind you to do homework? Are you texting friends when you should be studying? Be honest with yourself and you will have your own answer.

Best Answer

Nothing lower than a C? I'd think someone who's child never gets below a C would be super proud of them not punishing them.

Best Answer

The punishment is inherent in itself. If you want to achieve success in this life, you need to be as educated as possible. Low grades are a precursor to a lower standard of life. Everyone has the ability to increase their knowledge, but not everyone has the drive to accomplish it.

Best Answer

If your parents know you are slacking off...then it would make sense...If you are genuinely doing your best...then it is unwarranted. They are your parents though ....so our opinions really don't matter.

Best Answer

gtfo

Best Answer

Please, no hate comments. I appreciate all advice very much. Thank you.

Best Answer

as long as they try their hardest.....absolutely not......everyone struggles with stuff from time to time...and i dont believe in making kids be the student I think they should be or that maybe i wasnt....if they give 100%.....and its a C.....that works......if they sluff off then thats a different thing

Best Answer

No. And threats of punishment over less than perfect grades will result in lower grades.

Best Answer

Well, if by nothing lower than a C you mean straight C's, I'd be concerned.

Best Answer

No, I don't mean that. With only 2 C's out of 8 grades and the rest are either B's or A's.

Best Answer

That's perfectly fine then.

Best Answer

Nope. They should be encouraged to do their best and be happy with that.

Best Answer