Vessa Vessa 41-45, F 30 Answers Jun 29, 2012

My Great Dane would probably scare him off, even though she's a sweetheart... But it's supposed to be good luck when a cat shows up on your doorstep and wants to stay!

Best Answer

Then I must be really lucky because this is the second one.

Best Answer

LOL... Are you keeping them?

Best Answer

The first cat, yes. The second cat, no. Just haven't figured out what to do with him. I have NO intention of becoming some sort of cat lady, especially on my budget.

Best Answer

I didn't even want the first cat, but felt sorry for her because she was thin. Now I take responsibility for her, but I be danged if I'm gonna do it for any animal in the neighborhood. Learned that lesson a LONG time ago.

Best Answer

Yes... Being known as the neighbourhood 'cat lady' might be a little weird.

Best Answer

My mom's next door neighbor is like that. Dozens of cats, most of them feral. And she can't afford to keep them "fixed", so every year it gets worse. Drives my mother insane.

Best Answer

I can't not feed animals in need.

Best Answer

You must be pretty busy. ;)

Best Answer

NO I WOULD NOT FEED IT YOU DO NOT NOW WHAT THESE ANIMALS ARE CARING AROUND AND I HAVE A SMALL CHILD SO NO! I DO NOT WANT TO BE BOTHERED WITH STRAYS IT IS JUST ANOTHER MOUTH T FEED.

Best Answer

Feed him

Best Answer

This happened two years ago and I took the 3-4month old stray kitten in! I fed him, took him to the vet for a checkup and shots, even prepared him to be adoption ready (neutering him), at the end he found a permanent spot in my house and heart. I do not regret this decision.

Best Answer

Same as what has happened with our first cat and numerous animals I've adopted in the past. Don't want a second, third, fourth.....

Best Answer

feed the kitty...

Best Answer

No. Learned my lesson. No more pets.

Best Answer

Feed him as long as he liked them dogs of mine.

Best Answer

How about if a second and third, etc. cat came along?

Best Answer

If the dogs don't mind more, neither do I. How do ya think I got so many doggies?

Best Answer

i fed that cat and gave her a place to sleep and I told my mom, please can we get her shots. She said... sure in a bit. A bit passed, please mom can we get her shots... sure son, in a bit. Another bit passes, the cat scratches my cousin and we had to kill it to see if it had rabies. of course it didn't.

Best Answer

Aw Hermey...you live with your mom. ;)

Best Answer

ha... no I was in 5th grade at the time.

Best Answer

Ah....I was always driving my mom crazy adopting animals. Haha. Now that i pay the bills and understand how animals can reproduce, I get her point.

Best Answer

I'd name him Ghost Cat and let him sleep in my bed.

Best Answer

Sounds great! He's yours!!

Best Answer

We have a few feral cats that live around the local church gardens, They are fat and happy so i see no reason to bother them. In winter, it gets bitterly cold on the river here, i throw over scraps or a tin of meat (yes i open the tin and empty the contents) . Ive taken 1 stray kitten that was abandoned by a scumbag neighbour a few winters ago just till i could find it a home( icalled the local shelter but they wouldnt take it arseholes) so i guess gauge the situ and choose best for stray and you.

Best Answer

The stray and feral cat population is a bit out of control here- partly because people were feeding strays and attracted them to the local park, where they kept reproducing. Finally, the local animal control had to go in and clear them out. Now there are signs at the park that there is a fine for feeding any strays there. A bit of a mess really. There are several strays that run in the woods near here, and this one just found out about our cat and took to trying to commandeer her place.

Best Answer

Thats an entirely different bowl of fish (pun intended) if they persistently came around i would call the rspca, or your equivalent. its not fair on your cat. I had two cats years ago (two spayed females) and they were constantly visited by local ferals in the yard. The eldest cat used to kick them back out but the younger fell in love and ran off for awhile with a ginger tom. lol. got her back 4 days later. I'd go out every dawn for hours looking for her till i found her cowering under a car covered in oil.lol. Ive never been so relieved. So i guess im saying be wary and dont feed it if its affecting your own. good luck.

Best Answer

Thank you. That's a very practical answer, and it's the way I'm looking at it. I have considered the options...what it would do to my budget and how it affects the cat we've taken on....it's not looking too good for the interloper. I guess I would feel differently if our cat got along with him or even if my son liked cats.

Best Answer

I would obviously swaddle it in a blanket and treat it as my child.

Best Answer

Please....come pick him up!!

Best Answer

definitely dinner time....last one was "Bubbles".....came round everyday........let my son poke im in the eye..play with his ears......rub his tummy the wrong way(sons autistic)........it's like the animal knew & was extremely patient..........sadly Bubbles was hit by a car

Best Answer

This one frightens our cat and won't let her eat, so I have to bring her indoors now to eat. He sprays his musk all over the porch and deck, and has now commandeered it so that our cat is hiding most of the day. He is constantly underfoot, and the times I've petted him, he has "nipped" at my hand. He ain't no "Bubbles".

Best Answer

I would take him to the vet to see if he's microchipped.

If he's not, I'd pay for him to get his shots and a check-up and then take him to a local foster home for cats so they could find a home for him.

If he was microchipped I'd take him to the pound so his family could find him. If no-one came for him, then I'd take him to a foster home.

Best Answer

Please come and take him. On second thought, I'd be glad to mail him to you! lol

Best Answer

I'd love to adopt but I've got two cats already, and I think people should only have as many pets as they can look after. If you get caught in a flood or a bushfire, you should be able to take your pets/kids and run.

Best Answer

My point precisely. But, once you feed him, he becomes "yours".

Best Answer

Well... there's always room for one more, isn't there? ;)

Best Answer

NO.

Best Answer

There's someone to love him/her. You just have to help them find each other how ever you can.

Best Answer

Thanks....that's a flowery idea. But it belies the evidence of the millions of animals that are put down every year in shelters. If you'd like to give it a try...finding someone to adopt this tom...then let me know where you are, and perhaps the people would help me have him shipped to them. Honestly, I worked in an animal shelter for a long time. The reality is, that if people always had room or were interested in one more, the death toll would not be so high, and I wouldn't have had to witness all the things that i did.

Best Answer

I wasn't aware of local foster homes (or "halfway homes") for cats until about a year ago. I know that there isn't a home for every stray animal, but if one lands on your doorstep, you can at least try. I'm afraid that at the end of the day, I would rather a stray be put down than to have to fend for itself in suburbia where it will likely get sick or injured and die a horrible death.

Best Answer

I live in the rural South. There are huge cats that live in the woods and live by hunting. This cat has just come to see my back porch as an easy meal, which is why he lounges around all day and keeps my cat away from her spot in the shade. Totally different here.

Best Answer

We had a cat that hung around for awhile and would force its way past locked cat-flaps (both next-door and here). I started to suspect that it was a stray, and was thinking of trapping it to take it in. Until I came home and found my big cat under the table. I thought he was sick so I locked him inside, and when I turned around hell broke loose... the stray was inside and he'd been staring at it trying to figure out if it was our black cat (I've mistaken it once) when evidently he figured it out. I finally manage to let it out without any of the cats laying into each other and haven't seen it since. I guess at least your visitor isn't beating your cat up... if you stop the food source, maybe he will move on.

Best Answer

This has happened to me twice already. I love animals...so naturally, they became my pets. One day, I just might be that crazy cat/dog/turtle/whatever else lady! lol

Can't help it, I just care so much! =)

Best Answer

Please, come and get him. There are a few cats that hang out at the local park that you can have too! They are scheduled to be picked up and euthanized any time now.

Best Answer

Well, at the moment, I am not in the position to welcome any more animals. But go search the net, there are "foster" parents for animals that will try to find them homes so they won't get euthanized.

Best Answer

Leave it alone unless it's in trouble. There are no strays around here. Someone will be expecting it to come back.

Best Answer

This is definitely a stray.

Best Answer

Wouldn't happen here, but I could probably find someone who wanted a free cat fairly easily if that were the case.

Best Answer

Not a possibility here.

Best Answer

I call animal control and they come and take them.

Best Answer

Considering this, but was hoping to find a "no kill" shelter. None of those are accepting cats right now. They are overrun.

Best Answer

I was listening to NPR talking about this. We do still have no-kill shelters here but the residents need to keep donating as it really does get costly.

Best Answer

I feed em and get em spayed/neutered.

If you aren't a part of the solution, you're adding to the problem, I always say.

Best Answer

Can't afford that right now. I've already scheduled the first cat to be fixed. Can't do it with every interloper that comes along.

Best Answer

There are lots of programs that will spay/neuter strays for free or at least a very discounted rate. Check out your animal shelter, they usually have info on programs like that.

Best Answer

I have. There is one place about an hour away that will do it at a discount. It will still cost $65, and they will also have to tack on about $25 for shots since those are required. We don't live in a city. Not many programs like that around here.

Best Answer

Feed him.

Best Answer

i'm sorry but i dont like cats and they dont like me...

Best Answer

Please come and hang out on my back porch for a while. :)

Best Answer

hmmm...ok....only if the cat hasnt peed anywhere...sniff the air and tell me if you can smell cat pee...

Best Answer

No urine that I am aware of...though he has sprayed his musk about. Hence, I'll be pulling out the hose soon.

Best Answer

I feed all stray cats...

Best Answer