Rolle2323 Rolle2323 51-55, F 1 Answer Jan 3, 2013 in Work

I'm trying to picture this..but I'm afraid I just can't. I do know my husband was pretty tough on his, and it was really hard to tip, although they do tip. I would think roll bars would just make a cage..not keep it from tipping..but I would test it.

Best Answer

The "roll bars" are in the back....they are two protruding sticks, if you can imagine that....with wheels on them....and the sticks are angled. If the chair tips, the wheels of the chair and the stick and wheel arrangement of the "roll bars" form a semi-stable platform between them, preventing the chair from tipping, theoretically. A nurse shouted at me the other day when a patient stood within her restraints because I had locked her chair, and told me that even though she had roll bars, she could tip her chair. It seems physically impossible.

Best Answer

Gotcha..yes...the chair can tip sideways. I have seen it happen. It takes an odd movement, and some force, but it can. My husband, like I said, used to end up in all sorts of very strange positions in a pile of body and chair..on the floor. (although he thought it was humorous)

Best Answer

And, she should have handled it better with you instead of yelling. Especially if you didn't know.

Best Answer