Loxylee Loxylee 26-30, F 55 Answers Jun 9, 2010

Like Judge Judy always says, its a promise to marry. If you break the promise you don't keep the ring. <br />
It was given to you for the reason of marrying, if you don't want to marry that person why should you keep the ring he spent money on for just that reason.

Best Answer

Any self-respecting woman would give it back. Keeping it might give him a false sense of hope that things will eventually turn around, and if the woman knows that this will never be the case then that would be cruelty on her part. If a man makes an emotional and financial investment of that magnitude, he deserves to have it returned in full. I think that it should be returned regardless of the reason for breaking it off. Using a piece of jewelry as a punisher or as emotional blackmail is immature and petty. That's just my opinion.

Best Answer

give it back..it only represents broken dreams.

Best Answer

A lady would return it.

Best Answer

Should definitely give it back, but ultimately it is context dependent. <br />
Otherwise, you'll have women who do nothing but go with men to get good rings and such just to hock for money then ditch them in the dust. Oh wait they do have such that do that...

Best Answer

If the woman breaks off the engagement, she should offer to give the ring back. A gentleman would not except it. Should a man break off the engagement, she has the right to keep the ring. Only a true cad would break off the engagement and expect the ring to be returned.<br />
In my experience, it's only prudent, if something less than romantic, to buy an acceptably modest engagement ring and save the "did you see the size of so & so's diamond" purchase for the wedding bands.

Best Answer

I gave all mine back. A couple were returned to me, but it's just not right to keep them.

Best Answer

She should most definitely give it back....keeping the ring is contingent on following through with the wedding ceremony...and marriage that follows thereafter...but if the jilted fiance says its okay for her to keep it...then its all good...;)

Best Answer

Always return the ring and give him the chance to get back the money. Its only fair.

Best Answer

Definitely should give it back, no engagement, no marriage, no ring. There is always a reason whoever breaks the engagement and one should try to find the root cause. May be it wasn't mean to be. You are better off breaking the engagement than regretting it later and then break off the marriage.

Best Answer

GIVE THE RING BACK.

Best Answer

I gave mine back and my wedding ring too. I still have one of my engagement rings because the man refused to take it back but it is in a box and I have included in my will that the ring is to go to this man if I pass away before him.

Best Answer

those who keep the ring also deserve the finger

Best Answer

Depends on why she broke it off. If it was b/c she didn't want to be with him anymore. then Give it back. If he cheated then keep it. or if he says to keep it then keep it. But my own opinion...I'd just give it back if I got engaged and came to my senses before it was too late and I did something so stupid and got married.

Best Answer

The ring goes back every time. It's the right thing to do. Ripping him off isn't going to make you feel better. Being madly in love with somebody and not being able to hang onto that feeling long enough to even get married says something about the both of you. Be a big girl and stop punishing him for all your unhappiness. Marriage takes courage and discipline, it also takes maturity and the willingness to play fair. If you want the ring that badly, even tho it isn't legally yours anymore, you arn't ready to get married. So many people expect marriage to be a wonderland of bliss and then they fall really hard when it isn't. How many people do you know who've been married 3 or 4 times and yet they never consider the fact that maybe they don't have what it takes to be in a relationship. It's worth thinking about, before marriage becomes such a joke that people don't even bother with it anymore.

Best Answer

My engagement ring was bought from our joint account, which is as much my money as his, therefore I'd keep my ring, it would still hold meaning and memories of the good times we shared and as we have children together on my death our children would inherit my jewellery anyway. I also would not expect him to return anything that was bought for him whilst we were together.<br />
However I think it depends on the circumstances. I know for certain that my ring is not just for show, I never used to wear jewellery before I got my engagement ring, it's not about any material value and represents much more than just the promise to marry, it represents the commitment we have prior to marriage and the love we share regardless of marriage.

Best Answer

Keep it, if he brought it for her and for what ever reason they split he should allow her to keep the ring and do what she wants with it.

Best Answer

"My darling, will you marry me?"<br />
"No...but thank you for the ring, I bet this cost you a fortune!"

Best Answer

I gave mine back to him because I broke mine off, he was the kinda guy that held on to what little hope he had left in rekindling that relationship. I think it send mixed messages. I gave it back and finally he got the message after the tenth time I returned the ring. LOL Some people just can't accept no for an answer.

Best Answer

seriously??

Best Answer