Abortion seems to be the topic of the day, so it made me think more about it. At first, this seems obvious to me as rape is terrible and the woman has to live with it. But in thinking about it, if someone thinks it's not okay to kill the fetus in most pregnancies, but then says it is okay to kill the fetus if the woman was raped, how does that change the fact that it is still killing the fetus? Doesn't the fetus get a say in any of this?
SallySea SallySea 22-25, F 15 Answers Jan 17, 2011

As a woman, your own moral standards must ultimately determine when an abortion is justified. Your body is your own, and all the rest of us can merely make suggestions as to what you should do; some of us will do so more stridently than others. The decision and the responsibility are yours and yours alone.

Best Answer

In a way your right. We are born with free will to do what ever we want. So yes you have the right to decide to kill the child but it's still morally wrong and that is not based on the individuals view it's just flat out in moral. Also think of this I have the right to kill you because I have free will and it's still inmoral it doesn't matter if I personally see it as ok or justifyable for something you have done

Best Answer

I am someone who is pro-life. I have said that the only times it should be allowed are in the case of rape/****** or if the mother's life is at risk. You ask a good question. <br />
I think, personally, I have known a number of young women who have used abortion as a form of birth control. They talk about 'responsibility for their own bodies' AFTER they have failed to practice responsibility by choosing not to have unprotected sex or to consider the consequences of having sex with someone they hardly know, when they are intoxicated, etc. <br />
I think, when control and choice are denied a woman, in the case of rape/******, they should be provided with an option. The psychological/emotional aftermath of such an event will inevitably have a negative effect on the relationship between the 'mother and child'. <br />
I would rather not see any abortions being done, but the world isn't that 'black and white'. I would rather see women taking responsibility for their bodies before they have made an error in judgment, before they are visited by consequences, but again, there are sometimes extenuating circumstances that have to be considered. <br />
I was physically unable to have children. To me, because of this inability, having a child is an incredible gift to be cherished, not taken for granted. I was able to adopt an incredible boy who has been the light in my life and given me the gift of motherhood, because his mother chose adoption as an option, rather than abortion. I am forever in her debt.<br />
Response: Sally Sea, you are quite welcome!

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply rollingwithhusky.

Best Answer

I agree 100%.

Best Answer

To force a woman to go through a pregnancy following a rape is to say that she has no value as a human being. Rape is a violent act and to force a woman to continue to pay the price for nine months is cruel. Most petty criminals don't get a sentence that long. Why should society be allowed to impose their irrational and unempathic views on a rape victim only to allow the victimization to continue? Men will never understand the concept of rape and pregnancy. Their arrogance may enable them to offer opinions on the matter but in the end it's just another fool speaking of something of which he knows nothing.

Best Answer

Exactly! The continuance of victimization.

Best Answer

You take ignorance to a level very few reach. First off men get rape to some study suggest almost as often as woman. Doesn't seem that way because it is not something men are even as close as willing to open up about or share. But there is no way to prove it either way. Also woman rape other woman and men to! Almost every guy you tall to has a story were they got insanely drunk and some fat nasty girl takes advantage of that and ***** the.. well that's rape the man was to intoxicated to consent and wouldn't of done it if sober. So in a sense just about every man has been rape by a woman . But because of the sexist views of society these men don't realize that they were rape and if they do no one would take them serious. But as far as the abortion it's unfortunate for a girl to get rape then prego but it's still morally wrong to murder the child. Yes she will have to suffer for 9 months more but she then can put the child up for adoption. It's not fair for the child to be killed because of other people's mistKe

Best Answer

I'm pro-choice; an abortion is justified when the woman whose body is involved DECIDES it's justified. I hear MEN speaking of women "using abortions as after the fact birth control" (often men who don't use condoms as DURING THE FACT birth control, btw). They have no clue what an abortion means to the majority of women, either emotionally or physically---how difficult it is on the body---so to use it as birth control would be like someone opting to have a craniotomy everytime they had a migraine. An early termination involves removing a cluster of cells not viable outside the body, cells that have the POTENTIAL to become a person if left to develop but have not yet done so. So there is no "murder" or "killing" involved. I've never understood the insistence that a woman who is pregnant due to supposed "irresponsibility" should stay so---who would be less qualified to be a parent ?!

Best Answer

Don't tell me to "read up" on anything, since you can't presume to know what my background is on this issue.I stand by what I've said.

Best Answer

You didn't read what I said. Nowhere did I say the "only" abortions ever performed on anyone were early terminations---you inferred that. Late term abortions are an entirely different matter. I said "early terminations involve removing a cluster of cells and no murder or killing is involved". I stand by that. Under U.S. law, early terminations ARE still legal, thanks to Roe v Wade. I admit I'm defensive because frankly I resent having to argue the point with anyone who doesn't have a uterus. Not your body, not really your business.

Best Answer

*clap clap clap clap* that's a big standing ovation for you BB

Best Answer

It doesn't. Rape is an unforgivable offence. Abortion is a womans CHOICE. There is no more excusing an "antiabortionist" :p for judgement of a fellow human beings' decision than there is judging a woman for her own personal choice. They cancel eachother out... just mind your own ******* business & be kind to one another.

Best Answer

People who oppose abortion tend to blame the mother for having premarital sex, and want her to take responsibility for her actions. Obviously in the case of rape this isn't a valid ob<x>jection.<br />
And no, the fetus doesn't get any say, because the fetus isn't cognizant yet. And even if it was, that doesn't give it permission to ride around in someone else's body.

Best Answer

The sins of the fathers are visited on the next generation.

Best Answer

Rape is a crime, if a pregnancy resaults from a sexual assault, to FORCE the victim to endure an unwanted pregnancy is absurd and only idiots would even have such a thought. Sometimes I cannot believe that as adults we have this debate. If it involved the body of males, you can bet there would be no question, they would do as they pleased ba<x>sed on their individual beliefs. I think politcians should get their brains out of women's uterus's. What utter hubris. As the mother of two adult daughters, the idea of forcing them to bare the offspring of their rapist makes me violently ill. What kind of people are we?

Best Answer

Well I am not anti-abortion though not exactly pro..<br />
The thing with rape is, you don't know what is wrong with that person who raped you. Nothing to say he isn't mentally ill or physically ill in a way that could effect the baby. Plus there's the matter of would you want to carry a reminder of the most horrible thing that's every happened to you in you for 9 months?

Best Answer

abortion is people playing God. There is enough evidence to prove unborn babies have there own blood type, and use the mother to survive by provide essentials to survival, shelter,food etc,. So once the baby is born a baby continues to need the same things but can get them from anyone of course preferably the mother. So the truth is it is goverment sanctioned homicide. Even if the woman is raped its not justifed because the unborn baby is a inoccent bystander, she can put the baby up for adoption. Unborn baby are separate human being not organs but livng people, they just cannot take care of their self yet.

Best Answer

i personally believe abortion is a-ok until that hunk of cells develops brain activity, but i do get why people who are uneasy with it would want at least an exception for rape. the victim shouldnt have to bear a reminder or the attack for 9 months and then raise a bastard kid she didnt want

Best Answer

It's still wrong to have a abortion . Even if it's the child of the rapist. Only time it's morally ok to kill a unborn baby is when the life of the mother is threaten. It sucks that a woman would have to go through this for 9 more the but she can then put the kid of for adoption. The child should not be killed for other people's mistakes

Best Answer