Age is just a number, but maturity isnt, if that 18 year old is extremely mature for her age, and the 90 year old is exceptionally immature for HIS age, then sure, why not.<br />
Age is just a number yes, because you cannot guarantee that in 28 years you will have grown up more, and had more experiences than an 18 year old, however, greater age means you have been afforded more opartunity to gain that maturity and experience, so the larger the age difference the more likely that the older is more mature and experienced, but still not certain.<br />
However, when you get to a difference of 18 and 90 year olds, its pretty much 99% sure that the 90 year old is way more mature than the 18 year old.<br />
Age is just a number yes, but is can give a ball-park idea of their level of maturity, which is what REALLY matters.

Best Answer

For example, i outgrew my dad at age 19 when i fixed personality flaws in myself that he has never got a handle on, and started filling in for him as father to my sister. But i am still way behind my grandparents. The greater age difference really has afforded them enough time to ensure they have gained more experience than me, and in most cases my dad's age would have as well, but as proves the idea that age is just a number, it hasnt with my dad.

Best Answer

I'm not convinced that that proves it o.O

Best Answer

If age really dictated maturity, then my dad would be the most mature person in my nuclear family, as opposed to the last. Age is just an opportunity to gain maturity, but not everyone takes an opportunity, or even learns from experience if it happens. Those that do, grow up far faster than those that dont, and if growing up has different rates, but the passage of time remains the same, then age IS just a number.

Best Answer

Hmm...well I guess I'm still not seeing it x.x Oh well

Best Answer

Most people assume that the young have nothing to say, and are naive and emotionally underdeveloped, whilst the old are mature, wise, and have much to teach people. They dismiss people under certain ages in many conversations because they cant possibly know what they are talking about. This is stupid, as i can give good advice and insight to people twice my age or more, and have learned great wisdom from people even younger than i am. I have known 50yr olds who know nothing about personal tragedy, and 15 years olds who have lost family and friends, and suffered parental abuse. Age does not dictate anything about a person, not even their physical condition as my dad at 60+ is healthier than many at 40. So if age does not dictate experience, maturity, wisdom, insight, physical condition, sexual knowledge, naivete, disposition or personality, (with the obvious exception of small children and paedophile laws, and even then its no guarantee) then there isnt much else it really does dictate, except 1 thing: how many years you have been alive. Age is simply a counter, a number, nothing more.

Best Answer

If that doesnt explain what we mean by "age is just a number" then im afraid I am unable to communicate it to you, be that a shortcoming of yours, mine, or simply a lack of common reference material.

Best Answer

No. I assume 18 and 90 year olds don't mix well as a couple. lol

Best Answer

"However, when you get to a difference of 18 and 90 year olds, its pretty much 99% sure that the 90 year old is way more mature than the 18 year old."

While I would agree, generally, (and I like what you had to say in the rest of your answer) maturity is by no means the real or essential connection that 2 people have. It is but 1 element in the vast criterion that we all possess when selecting life partners and friends alike.

It is entirely possible for a 90 year old and an 18 year old to have a very close relationship. But how that is defined is entirely up to the individuals involved. I don't really feel that it is our place to make judgements solely from the safe distance of not knowing all that is at play within the complicated nature of human relationships.

Best Answer

I never said age alone is what dictates relationships, i am just commenting that age doesn't really mean much.

Best Answer

That would depend on whether they really had anything in common. you can't really say yes or no to that. But the chances are very slim that they would have enough in common to actually make for a good relationship.

Best Answer

If they're really desperate enough to inherit all his money after he dies,then I guess so...Lol

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

I got 2 words for you: Hugh Hefner XD

Best Answer

how many times has he been married in the last 50 years ?? lol

Best Answer

as an old guy if he wouldnt mind.. :o

Best Answer

Eww would he even be able to get it up?? XD<br />
A 90 year old would be older than my grandfather....

Best Answer

not a problem. at least his pogo stick will get one last ride as he dies with a smile on his face. hahahahha :p

Best Answer

They are both of legal age. However, I would doubt the motives of the 18 year old.

Best Answer

If they are truly interested in each other for who they are and not what they can get out of the relationship. The main reason this is frowned upon is there is very little 2 people can have in common or bond over when there is that big of an age difference. They certainly can't build a life together. If your example was a 55 and 25....... while still rare that it would be the real thing I do believe it does happen.

Best Answer

If it happens, who cares.

Best Answer

well, if they want, sure...i don't recommend it at all though

Best Answer

Should? I guess if they want they can.

Best Answer

Could, yes. Should? Only if both were completely comfortable with the parameters and limitations of their arrangement.

Best Answer

Only If he has money otherwise gross.

Best Answer

If love exits then why not :)

Best Answer

they could, that doesn't mean they should.

Best Answer

Why not?

Best Answer

the best girlfriend I ever had turned 19 the day after we first met and I was 15 years older than her. we got along like peanut butter and jelly. we were two peas in a pod * insert some more similar ex<x>pressions here *. I know thats no where near the same as 18 and 90, but if you arent open to finding something with someone of a vastly different age you might be missing out on something special.

Best Answer

Not at all.

Best Answer

i dont know what to say... not everyone is as close-minded as you..

18 and 90 is taking things to the extreme in every sense. what about 18 and 50 or 30 or 25? 25 might be ok for you, 30 for the next person and 50 for another. If you have some rigid, limiting preconceived notion of limits to the people you might find interesting you are going to be missing out. period. this is not opinion but fact.

Best Answer

I'm very open-minded. And you will come to learn that about me. I'm not missing out on anything just because I don't want to date someone old enough to be my father.

Best Answer

you cant be open-minded and say 'i dont want to date...*insert arbitrary limit here*' at least not properly open-minded, obviously the matter isnt a binary state but has shades of grey.

Best Answer

I know what I want, and I know what I mean. Open-minded doesn't mean you accept everything and everyone. Everyone has their limitations and expectations. I have my opinions and preferences, and you have yours. Let's agree to disagree.

Best Answer

i never said you cant want what you want. i said that the position you describe is not open-minded. being open minded DOES mean you accept everything and everyone, more or less. I'm not saying you you are wrong. I'm just saying that if you arent open to possibilities outside your own preset conditions you might be missing out. Like I said, thats not opinion but fact.

Best Answer

Only if the 90 year is going through his second childhood. (as extremely old people sometimes do)<br />
Age is merely a number by which we measure the passing of time. It is by no means an indicator of emotional maturity though it is assumed that by a certain age most people "grow up".<br />
Age, for me, is measured more by emotional intelligence and life experience shared.

Best Answer