Why do they get mad as the devil and start name calling....I mean if I am only believing in a "fairy tale" as they call it??? This absolutely makes no since....to try to bully somebody that believes in something that they don't...
1EPMinnie 1EPMinnie 70+, F 12 Answers Aug 21 in Community

We're living together, and it means any prevailing ideology is going to affect the whole society. Religions mean norms, taboos, which translate into laws and mores.

Best Answer

Are you listening to me????? TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Yes, are you?

Best Answer

Because there is a history of believer imposing view on others, starting wars, changing laws. Look at the Islamic world, they have a lot of freedom there!!

Best Answer

Probably because judgemental attitudes, prejudice and even beheadings are and depriving others of their human rights are justified in the name of that sky fairy

Best Answer

Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

Best Answer

Just read all this crap that is posted for answers and case point is proven...Do you think that i would waste my time arguing with someone who believes something that I don't??? This is insane....I am going to block all their God hating selves.....they are just trolling questions and I am not impressed...

Best Answer

No person gets extremely angry about a topic without a compelling reason. For example, many people in Iceland believe in Gnomes. I do not. However, I wouldn't get on EP and swear at and belittle an Icelandic person for believing in Gnomes. Why? Because I don't care.

Best Answer

Exactly!!

Best Answer

They pick on kids who believe in Santa Claus to.

Best Answer

I am not really sure what I believe anymore, but I don't understand that...I mean, what is the point? I can at least understand people who believe in something that brings them happiness wanting to share that with others. I don't understand why people who don't believe in anything want to convince people not to believe in anything either. You are correct, ma'am...makes not sense.

Best Answer

thanks...

Best Answer

challenges their knowledge base and they resist with venom

Best Answer

Doesn't bother me. Unless what you believe in leads you to harm other people (believing in your country, for example).

I was very inspired in my youth by someone who said something like: I totally believe in the teachings of Jesus, except that bit about the existence of God.
I feel the same way about Buddhism. .love it . But reincarnation, I don't think so. Can't get my head round that

Best Answer

We all have the right to believe or not, for what ever reason they give you a hard time let them, your faith is an anchor that holds you in place so you don't drift away, let the other's float around till they find their anchor and what ever there anchor holds them too.

Best Answer

thanks... :)

Best Answer

The ones that practise name calling are dumb. I don't believe in a lot of things people believe in but I don't really care so much as to offend them and call them names. Makes no sense. You are free to believe and I am free to not believe. I think the name calling starts when the believers try to shove their beliefs down other people's throats and start spreading it. That's wrong. Keep your beliefs to yourself and no one will care.

Best Answer

Sir, I have not tried to shove nothing down anybodies throats and you are wrong if you think that they don't care....they hate the very fact that one mentions God or creation. I am not going to argue this with you either...you can remove yourself form my question please....

Best Answer

Okay, firstly please note that I am female so don't call me Sir, secondly I never blamed you particularly for shoving anything down anyone's throat, read again and this time pay attention. Pay close attention. I think your habit of taking everything personally is standing in your way. Don't blame others for offending you.

Best Answer

Please stop it...you have no clue....just drop it....am not interested in arguing wity you!

Best Answer

"I don't believe it...." as Victor Mildrew says it in "One Foot In The Grave"..

Best Answer