thisisevenlessfunnow thisisevenlessfunnow 26-30, M 69 Answers Dec 31, 2011

It seems like (on here...) most of the people who don't believe in God, started off blaming him in the first place..

Best Answer

? never seen that.

Best Answer

I Have and this includes trroops in foxholes .

Best Answer

So they were not atheists when they did.

Best Answer

Whenever someone asks a question about beliefs, you get an onslaught of atheists (not all of them, of course) who have this smugness, or self righteousness, to the point of almost seeming bitter and resentful about OTHER people's belief, it's uncanny.

Best Answer

Wow.

Best Answer

Uncanny is a nice word. Freud talked about it well enough.

Best Answer

But what about the people who are only stating what they believe? Not pushing it off on others? Why is there this superior attitude towards them from nonbelievers?

Best Answer

So.... Both believers and nonbelievers have really sucky people on their teams.. I'm sorry you had to experience that from anyone, beliefs or not. Arrogance and ignorance doesn't look good on anybody.

Best Answer

There still shouldn't be a backlash for believers, who don't go hyper-religious on other people. I wouldn't do any of those things, it's barbaric. And there's no need for anyone to be excessively (or passively....) condescending either.

Best Answer

Athiest or not, the only person you can blame is yourself. We're all in control of our own lives.

Best Answer

Is this question basically saying that Christians use God as a scapegoat for their problems?

Best Answer

It doesn't mention Christianity at all.

Best Answer

No, but God is a Christians deity.

Best Answer

Not exclusively. Christians aren't the only ones who call their deity "God."

Best Answer

Our parents of course

Best Answer

what I don't understand is why believers would blame God for their problems... to me that doesn't make sense.. if that's the case then you don't really believe. :l

Best Answer

I'm sorry no. it's not teh same thing.

Best Answer

As an atheist, I take full responsibility for my own problems. Who needs blame anyway? One of the lessons I learned in the Army in Viet Nam is that good things can happen to bad people; bad things, can happen to good people, etc.; It depends on where one happens to be standing at the time. Which is often the result of one's prior decisions. Life is a natural result of the random operation of biology and physics principles. we do not need a creator. Religion results from folk's inability to tolerate questions which cannot be answered. We do not need the guilt, the superstition, nor the magic stuff of religion. We should be more mature than that.

Best Answer

Gods Exist to fill gaps in knowledge and help the men who created them control and subjugate those they consider their lessers

Best Answer

Right-o. Your response is admirably succinct.

Best Answer

people who believe in God.

Best Answer

I nonimate this for question of the day<br />
S.W.

Best Answer

Perhaps they actually take responsibility for their own problems and don't blame anyone else...?

Best Answer

Ignorance.

Best Answer

I blame you.

Best Answer

It's not their first move, they know problems generally arise from several factors, among which ignorance, cowardice, life's inherent harshness.

Best Answer

I blame capitalists

Best Answer

me too.

Best Answer

I still blame God :)

Best Answer

As for me, I don't believe in God. For me, I don't need to blame other people for my problems nor I don't need to blame myself for my problems nor I don't need to blame a fictional God for my problems. I just deal with it head on. Think of a solution and deal with it. There's no need to blame on anyone, anybody or anything.

Best Answer

My dads an aethist. And to be honest he seems like he hates the very mention of god. I could see him wincing now at the mention of the g word lol. I think yes because the reason they are aethist is because i guess they believe religion is the root of the worlds problem??? Idk

Best Answer

My husband

Best Answer

no-one.<br />
no guilt. no blame.

Best Answer

They blame whoevers fault it is

Best Answer

They take OWNERSHIP

Best Answer

...other people? :D

Best Answer