maxximiliann maxximiliann 36-40, M 22 Answers Sep 21, 2012 in LGBT

Homosexual behaviours are not rare love. It has been a constant in human behaviours since the beginning of time. If it were a new phenomenon brought on by the advent of socialist/Marxist idealism then such behaviours would not figure so prominently in biblical texts. <br />
Statistics say that nearly 10% of the population is homosexual or bisexual which I believe is the same thing. Statistics also point out the 10% of those homosexuals are transgendered. Prehistoric and primitive cultures also had words to describe such behaviours. This is not something that YOU just discovered for the world love. <br />
The reason why humanity has continued to thrive is because the numbers and percentages work. It is a function of math, not natural selection. Additionally, society has rejected such behaviours throughout history so millions of homosexual and transgendered persons every year are fearful to be rejected and thus continue to procreate, to appear normal, just as millions of homosexuals before them have. Perhaps your pappa was just such a person. Had he been brave, you may not have been borne. <br />
I hope I have cleared this up for you love.

Best Answer

If that's true darling, why only 10%? We know that, for example, females are natural because they are represented heavily in the world's population. If only 10% of the people on earth were female, wouldn't that be more of an anomaly than a natural occurrence? :)

Best Answer

That is ignorant: a percentage is brunette; percent is blonde; percent is gay; percent is straight; percent is diabetes; percent is deformed at birth; percent is retarded; percent is genius!
We are not all same! We are not all intended to be same! This is pure logic. If it were not natural for people to be born different then people are not born different. That is only proof you need.
Lapiudolce is very right.

Best Answer

Well said!

Best Answer

You are wasting your brain cells on these juvenile homophobes lapiudolce. I know you love to teach but this is public school, not ivy league. He hasn't even got it that you called his dad queer yet. I love you and your always right but these dudes are a waste of time.
Also, when you suggest something is not natural, then suggest it is instead maybe an anomaly, those are two distinct arguments. Of course homosexuality is an anomaly. That doesn't make it unnatural.

Best Answer

@Dago I got what he/she was trying to say. I simply chose to take the high road and ignore it :)

Best Answer

@Yuki
Allow me to clarify. I consider a person with 2 eyes, 10 fingers and 10 toes to be normal. Any deviation of this would be an abnormality, right? Since over 90% of the world's population is heterosexual wouldn't that make it the normal, default state of human beings? Also, what about all those people who were once homosexual and now aren't? :)

Best Answer

There is no need to argue, no need to call names. I love you too Yuki but logic is logic. Everyone must learn in their life that we are all vulnerable to the extent that we do not even know the extent of which we do not know.
It is impossible for someone who is not borne retarded to know the experience of being retarded. The same with homosexuality or with Transsessualism. They are limited in knowledge to their own experiences just as we are. If the read it, it is so. So forgive them for they know not what they do...

Best Answer

I think you confuse that which is most common or less common with natural or un-natural. The less common behaviours do not default as un-natural which I think is what you are alleging, although I would agree that it is an anomale of humanity.
Perhaps it is your articulation which is causing others to percieve your inexperience and not your experience itself. I have no problem with you having an opinion which differs from my own, but you should not be offended that my quote has more likes than your quote when you are the one who asked for the opinions of others.
Since I myself was borne with a condition where my brain thought itself a woman and my penis thought itself a man, I think I can speak with some authority on the issue.
Since you only know the life of a young male who lusts for lumps on the chest of a woman, that is the perspective from which you form your own opinions. We are both entitled but only one of us has lived in both roles.
You must come to some understanding that I cannot change what is "natural" for me anymore than you can. When you see a curvy well-proportioned female, you naturally look and admire her, maybe lust for her. You do not know why, it was a gift from heaven.
It is the same for me only I feel those same feelings when I see a hit guy. Only, the complicated issue is that I was borne with this stupid appendage between my legs which you and others say prohibits me from having those natural tendencies that dominate my thoughts without effort or choice.
You say it is choice, but you really have no idea. You read a book and it says an effeminate male is doomed to hell but that is the suit I was wearing as I exited the birth canal. So how could I have escaped this hell? If it is true, the God I myself worship has given me no chance at birth.
If you are borne with something special or different, it gives you a different perspective which others can learn from if they are willing. You do not have to sacrifice your beliefs to be learned of things not known by you naturally.
By the way, I was not accusing your pappa of being queer. I only wanted you to think that the possibility could exist without your knowledge. Look around, 10 of every one hundred people you know are homosexual and most will never admit it. That was my meaning, I hope you were not offended.

Best Answer

@Lapi I understand what you're saying and I sympathize greatly with the unimaginable struggle I'm sure you had to bear while growing up. A question if I may and you don't have to answer if you don't want to. Were you ever physically, mentally, emotionally or sexually abused as a child? :)

Best Answer

I am happy to share with you.
The best answer is No, I was raised in Turkey to a Muslim family so my pappa was very strict. I was only beaten for being effeminate which I had no control over. Not real abuse like I think you ask of but certainly on-going physical and mental tactics to force masculinity on me. I was an embarrassment to him of course.
But my struggles began at age 4. This was before a child can know of sexuality or gender as we adults know of it. I was very naturally convinced I was a girl. I could not understand how they could not see it because a child of that age cannot comprehend that the penis is the determining factor.
My life was incredibly difficult because in my home country the fear of death was very real. I would not choose such a life if the choice was otherwise my own. In fact, I was sent to America by my mama who feared my mandatory military service would be my death sentence. My effeminacy was not a feature I could conceal.
I later settled in Italia and there are of course many stories in between but that is my experience. I know that it is easier to put us in a box where abuse and dispare are the culprits but the reality is much more complex. I hope you are engaged to learn more. I would feel fortunate to provide you with any answer you are willing to seek.

Best Answer

Despite what you perhaps may think I know that this is an extremely complex issue. Still, it doesn't discount the very real effect abuse has on sexual identity. My own baby brother was raped by an uncle's friend and developed homosexual behavior afterwards. It seems to me that, in your particular case, a hormonal imbalance existed which created the identity conflict you suffered from. The same occurs with rare cases of Hemaphroditism. Again, I'm sorry for everything you were put through and the unimaginable suffering you've had to endure all your life.

Best Answer

Thank you for your kind expression although I must say that I no longer suffer as I made the difficult choice to transition while very young. Now my life is lived in a more peaceful appreciation for who and what I am and how I choose to live. It is a life which can be useless and shameful for some...liberating for others who are either brave enough or supported enough to make the only journey which can truly heal our souls.
I am also sorry for your dear brother. But, although he may say and you may believe that his homosexual behavior is tied to his abuse, you should be open to the idea that he could have matured into the same man even without the abuse.
You may be right about he imbalance as well. My papa was 30 years senior to my mamma. Their age could have created the imbalance. But in the end, it is not the imbalance or the condition that defines us. It is the person we mature into. We are humans, each of us, who have minds and souls and we too must be able to live and love as our minds direct us. Otherwise we are living to please others and not ourselves which will eventually lead to mental illness or anxieties.
I am so happy we now better understand each other. I think a bridge has been erected, no?

Best Answer

Actually, my friend, the bridge was always there. We just needed to cross it :) You know, given my brief time on this world I've learned that it's counterproductive to segregate what makes us "us". Everything is inextricably connected - mental, emotional, biological, spiritual and psychological. As such, a pronounced imbalance in one area inevitably causes an imbalance in another. For instance, there are those who suffer biochemical imbalances of all kinds who experience happier lives by normalizing those imbalances. I myself need to keep my neuro-chemistry well balanced in order to even stay functional. Can anyone say it's wrong for them to do so? That it's unnatural? While in your case that's neither here or there, I'm sure there are children who found themselves in your position who are happy adults now because their parents helped them get the professional attention they needed to correct their hormonal imbalance. Do you sometimes wonder how things could have turned out for you had your parents helped you regulate your hormonal imbalance? Again, you don't have to answer if you don't want to :)

Best Answer

No, honestly I have not dwelled on such a thing. In my case, I think the imbalance was more likely in my mamma during pregnancy than in me. That created a biological anomale in my body which was most unlikely for me to overcome. At least my endocrinologists could not figure it out. I am happy as I am.

Best Answer

I see. I wonder if I could ask a personal question. As always, you don't have to answer if you don't want to or you can reply in private if you prefer. My question is, have you ever had intimacy with a woman? :)

Best Answer

Yes, many times. My first love, first attraction was a male - a classmate. It was a very natural love for both he and I which developed over time as each of us were developing from child to adult. Our parents, tuned in to what was apening, interrupted our love by sending him to school in New York.
My parents sent me to London to school. His sister soon after killed herself and the family was forever destroyed. A few years later, I moved to California for 3 years, I attempted to find him in New York but his life was thereafter arranged for him and a wife picked out. We spent a weekend together to cry and catch up but he was trapped without an honorable method of escape. I understood and I left him knowing it would not be fair to him that I ever see him again. In 16 years, I have still not attempted to see him.
I have loved women in my life but I have never been "excited" sexually by a woman. I do not know if you can understand that. My last long-term relationship was with a woman. We dated for 3 years. Although I loved her very much, and I still feel the same, I have never been sexually drawn to her. We were just perfect friends. She herself has been bisexual so her attraction to me was perhaps a physical attraction to my femininity and the sexual chemistry of the part of me which is still male.
Sexuality is a complex science. We know that the hormone responsible for sexual excitement in females is testosterone. I also know that some testosterone in males is metabolized as estrogen and the opposite is true of estrogen to androgens for females.
In my early twenties, I had a surgery called orchiectomy where my testes were removed. When I tell others that I still get erections they think I am crazy. But it is true not only of me but the majority of men who by reason of accident or disease are forced to undergo the same surgery.
Some think a child as I was would be deplete of natural production of testosterone but actually my numbers were normal. And honestly, "normal" is a highly variable scale. While sexual vigor may be a product of high levels of testosterone production, sexual dysfunction a result of the opposite - sexual attraction is wholely different and a bio-physiological response derived in the base of the brain.
As much as it is an incredibly easy to assign it to something as simple as choice, it is much more complex. Because choice is a factor for all of us, most stop there and call it a day. My choices are to either act according to social laws and rules of the majority, pretending to be happy so others can be comfortable, or, act according to what is felt naturally, bending the rules to match my own reality, so I myself can be comfortable and happy.
Sadly, most who are similarly afflicted as I do as I first described, never finding happiness for themselves. It is such a difficult pursuit, most are much too fearful to endure it.
But, to finish your question, I think sex is great, all sex. No matter how a person defines their sexuality, mankind has figured out how to get the greatest pleasure from the act, regardless if it is two women, man and woman, two men, or whatever combination can be invented.
If I have sex with a female, rest assured that I will enjoy it. But it is not something that I ever think about. The only time I personally am sexually aroused is when a see a male figure which happens to meet the qualities which I myself are most attracted to. This is how I have been since the days where I discovered the mystery of sexuality.
I began my life thinking I was a girl. I became confused as a Pre-teen thinking I was just gay. As a teen, I understood that my specific personna was more complex; that of a transessuale, my body male by sex but female by stature. My mind pure feminine. Once I knew why I was different, I embraced it although I understood the danger. I refused to allow others to ruin my life for me in efforts to fix wat could not be fixed.
If you can imagine that your parents would make efforts to convince you that you are supposed to be with boys. How can you do it? Your brain only appreciates the shape of a woman's ***. How can you socialize yourself to admire that which you find no appreciation for? When a pretty woman passes your chair, you instinctively look up to admire. You cannot help it and your own lady is perhaps upset about it.
That natural inclination you feel is what I feel when a handsome man is presented to me. Is it a choice or is it natural? For you, is it a choice - your heterosexuality? You say no because you are among the majority but you have the same choice, no? You have a choice to be as you are not comfortable to be just as I have a choice to live similarly. If you think for a minute, you will see that neither of us have a choice. You just happen to be the more fortunate one. You were fortunate not to be born with this "choice" to be happy or unhappy. You are happy as you are, no big "choice" to make.
I think the bisexual among us, those who are just happy to *** no matter the receptacle, are the responsible party for the confusion by persons not familiar with the minds of gay or TS people. They obviously enjoy "choice" like no others. You can place those abused demographics in the same category. They are confused, not necessarily confined by a female brain. They have a "choice" although their logic is scrambled by evil acts against them while in developmental stages.
I hope you are slightly more enlightened.

Best Answer

I sincerely appreciate your openness, honesty and sincerity in responding to my queries. Your latest reply raised another question, I hope you don't mind: Let's say for the sake of argument that things change. You now feel like a man in a woman's body and you feel the irresistible need to be fully male, what would you do then? :)

Best Answer

This question to me is perhaps the same thing if I ask you of the opposite. I cannot know because that is not my experience. What if things change for you? You suddenly and profoundly begin to believe you are a woman.
As a 35 year old, I would fear the change more than I did as a young person. Perhaps you would too. I know personally the anguish associated with such a feeling so I can imagine that the rest of my life I would be living in a hell, partly of my given psychological gender dysphoria and partially of my own making; ever fearful to change again to something in between, never fully male or female.
That is why only our young volunteer for war. They know not the danger or the sacrifice as adults understand it. My guess is at my age, I would fear such a change.
It really is not difficult to know this feeling. 95% of Transsessuals never transition. The majority who do, start late in life after many failed marriages, children and career choices have been made.
Most lose their families and their careers in the process. It is a huge choice they make - content within and destitute or a life of misery and unhappiness with their family and retirement firmly in place. Most divorce in multiples.
Just read a few from this site and you can learn of the pain and suffering they endure and the complex nature of a late life transition to more fully answer your question.
I was lucky to be as ignorant and stubborn as I was when I was young to jump off of the cliff of sexuality while my body was immature enough to nicely respond to medical transition. If the choice were before me today, I am not certain if I would take it as I know that I would never achieve the level of beauty that I posess today. I would be the person you make fun of in a caffe who passes for neither male or female. I would likely have taken my life honestly.
Many can live with the stress and sadness but the sliding scale of severity is so great...who knows where we are on this scale? I think I must be on the very edge as my conviction was too strong.
Ok

Best Answer

Your intellect always impresses me. You should write a book on the subject. No one explains it as you do.

Best Answer

Most people are right handed. Does that mean that mean left handed people are "unnatural"? Redheads are also in the minority, so are they too "innatural"? You're conflating "in the minority" with "unnatural," which is where your "logic" falls apart.

Best Answer

The two terms are not mutually exclusive. More to the point, if everyone was red headed or left handed would that condemn the human race to extinction? :)

Best Answer

I know they're not mutually exclusive, but that's beside the point.
If all people were male, that would also lead to extinction of our race, so is being male therefore also unnatural?

Best Answer

Obviously not because males (and females for that matter) are necessary for the continued existence of the human race. Homosexuality isn't :).

Best Answer

Neither is labelling sexuality, nor is monogamy...nor is celibacy. Thus all your religious sexual practices are at least equally as unnecessary for human survival.

Best Answer

Because it's a naturally ocurring behavior. In fact it's been theorized that it's an evolutionary response to too many males. For every boy you have the chances he will be gay rises 50% or so with each child. It's a scientific conclusion of one study but it had a larger pool of data, so I'd believe them.<br />
Also the behavior isn't rare, it occurs at about the same 10% rate as humans.

Best Answer

If that's true why only 10%? We know that, for example, females are natural because they are represented heavily in the world's population. If only 10% of the people on earth were female, wouldn't that be more of an anomaly than a natural occurrence? :)

Best Answer

It's not normal, but then an actual normal person doesn't exactly exist, as the norm is discovered ba<x>sed on the averages. Wearing abercrombie as a teenager is normal. Listening to pop is normal. Teen pregnancy is abnormal. Doing weed is normal. Being gay is not normal as the majority is not gay. However it is natural. Those two words are very different

Best Answer

I consider a kid with 2 eyes, 10 fingers and 10 toes to be normal. Any deviation of this would be an abnormality, right? Since over 90% of the world's population is heterosexual wouldn't that make it the normal, default state of human beings? :)

Best Answer

The majority are also Asian. Thus you necessarily must believe anyone who isn't Asian is abnormal to continue this logic.

Best Answer

Asking stupid questions is perfectly natural - but comparatively rare. As evidenced the above stupid question.<br />
Whether something is common or rare has nothing whatsoever to do with whether it is natural or unnatural. iPhones are very common indeed - but they are not natural things, they are man made. Tigers are very rare but that does not mean they are unnatural.<br />
I advise getting a dictionary and learning the meaning of basic english words. I mean, honestly, I learnt all this when I was 8.

Best Answer

Then you should pen a letter to the LGBT camp who advances such an argument to justify their perverted lifestyles.

Best Answer

There is no argument to be had. Homsexuality is a natural phenomena that has been widely observed in the animal kingdom in general.
LGBT people have no more need to justify how they live their lives than anyone else. Since homosexuality in and of itself is not a perversion - it is simply a natural variation in human behaviour.

Best Answer

Funny how pedophiles and zoophiles use the same reasoning to defend their perverted lifestyles ...

Best Answer

Not everything that is natural, is also common. Red hair is natural and rare too.

Best Answer

True, however, the two terms are not mutually exclusive. More to the point, if everyone was red headed would that condemn the human race to extinction? :)

Best Answer

If birds have wings and can fly is natural why don't we all have wings and can fly? The problem with your question is that it is an illogical assumption ba<x>sed on an illogical conclusion. If you mean common instead of natural that is a more logical question. Also, although 10% hardly makes it "uncommon" when you realize that it represents millions and millions of people...your assumption is absurd. Turn it around- let's say that 90% of the world was gay and 10% was straight. The impossibility of that is obvious- who would have the babies for the next generation? A few million men and women would need to be producing billions of babies to sustain the species. I like sex a lot but I don't think I can do my share of producing 10 million children or so a year to prevent us from being extinct. Dumb question

Best Answer

Your premise would make sense except for one tinsy-winsy problem, man is not designed to fly. As such, a flying man with wings would be anything but natural or normal :)

Best Answer

Actually that was my point since your premise is absurd. You think you are being logical when in fact what you are saying doesn't even make sense- Hence the similar bird flying/man flying comment.

Best Answer

Another problem with your premise which lostinchicago astutely points out: Human beings were designed as such that when joined with a female a child is formed however, when joining two members of the same sex, no reproduction can take place. As I'm sure you'll agree, without reproduction there can be no human race. Therefore, if, the majority of mankind - or any race really - were homosexual it would be doomed to extinction.

Best Answer

@mojoy Accidentally removed your last reply. My sincerest apologies. Please repost :)

Best Answer

Why do penguins have wings and are classed as birds if they can't fly? Guess, they're not natural either. *Shrugs*

Best Answer

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they have wings? Or maybe it's because they fall into the category of flightless birds, you know, like the Ostrich, domesticated Chicken, Jamaican Ibis or the Takahe? I could be wrong though :)

Best Answer

Or the velociraptor? ;)

Best Answer

you really don't get it- you are illogical and just have an issues with homosexuals- my "points" are meant to provide an illustration of your illogical argument- they are equally illogical- maybe you don't understand the reason your question makes no sense: I is a false premise, which is an incorrect proposition that forms the basis of an argument or syllogism. Since the premise (proposition, or assumption) is not correct, the conclusion drawn may be in error. However, the logical validity of an argument is a function of its internal consistency, not the truth value of its premises.
For example, consider this syllogism, which involves an obvious false premise:
If the streets are wet, it has rained recently. (premise)
The streets are wet. (premise)
Therefore it has rained recently. (conclusion)
This argument is logically valid, but quite demonstrably wrong, because its first premise is false - one could hose down the streets, the local river could have flooded, etc. A simple logical analysis will not reveal the error in this argument, since that analysis must accept the truth of the argument's premises. For this reason, an argument based on false premises can be much more difficult to refute, or even discuss, than one featuring a normal logical error, as the truth of its premises must be established to the satisfaction of all parties.
Another feature of an argument based on false premises that can bedevil critics, is that its conclusion can in fact be true. Consider the above example again. It may well be that it has recently rained, and that the streets are wet. This of course does nothing to prove the first premise, but can make its claims more difficult to refute. This underlies the basic epistemological problem of establishing causal relationships.
A false premise can also be a premise that is poorly or incompletely defined so as to make the conclusion questionable. The following joke from Plato and a Platypus Walk Into a Bar illustrates the point:
"An old cowboy goes into a bar and orders a drink. As he sits there sipping his whiskey, a young lady sits down next to him. ... She says, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. ...' A little while later, a couple sits down next to the old cowboy and asks him, 'Are you a real cowboy?' He replies, 'I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian.'"
The mistake the cowboy makes is that he assumes that the definition of a lesbian is somebody who spends the "whole day thinking about women." The reason the joke works is because in a certain way that definition could apply to lesbians, but it fails to address the point that a lesbian is a homosexual female. The cowboy is neither homosexual nor female, therefore he is not a lesbian.

Best Answer

Alright then, since my premise could be correct in order for you to refute it's conclusion you have to decidedly prove that my premise is flat out wrong. Hang on, lemme grab some popcorn. I'm going to enjoy this! :)

Best Answer

Btw, here's the link mojoy forgot to include as the source of his magniloquent post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_premise

Best Answer

It's natural for people to be over 7 feet tall. It's rare too.

Best Answer

Nope, it's a rare condition called Gigantism :)

Best Answer

So you accept that rare conditions naturally occur. What is your argument then?

Best Answer

These rare conditions occur because of genetic defects. Hence, they're abnormalities like someone with 6 eyes, 4 arms or 30 fingers and toes.

Best Answer

Homosexuality is genetic. Go read up on the peer reviewed studies and learn something.

Best Answer

So you are suggesting that genetic defects naturally occur, yet the result us somehow unnatural? Also ironic, considering genetic defects cause evolution, which you also deny.

Best Answer

Because homosexual couples are not able to pass on their genes to future generations; pure homosexuality is a genetic dead end. That is why governments and religions hate it. Without new babies, where will tomorrow's soldiers and believers come from? Be thankful for heterosexual couples, because without them, there wouldnt be any gay babies.

Best Answer

Your statement is self contradicting. If heterosexual couples can give birth to homosexual children, how would it be a genetic dead end because they cannot pass on their genes? The genetics responsible for homosexuality are not required from homosexual parents, which is why it has survived.

Best Answer

Funny, Pedophiles say the same thing ...

Best Answer

They also become priests. Care to continue with your ignorant and fallacious stereotyping discrimination? FYI, the vast majority of pedophiles are heterosexual. ;)

Best Answer

It's a genetic dead end bc homosexuality only lasts one generation. You cant have a continuous lineage of homosexuals bc two same sex partners cannot procreate with each other. Even with in vitro fertilization only one of the two partners can ever be the parent of that child.

Best Answer

Here's a point of interest: the current chief Padre of the Canadian Forces is gay. ;)

Best Answer

Homosexuality is natural because it is seen with more than 1500 species... However it is not normal since there are more heterosexual humans and animals than homosexuals. Just like it's not normal to have red hair... We're born different from eachother. Being different is natural and normal.<br />
I have a question for you. If were only supposed to be with the opposite sex why do men get such pleasure from being stimulated at the prostate? Women have 8000 nerve endings in their clitoris. Men only have 4000 in their penis. The last 4000 nerve endings can be found in their prostate area. For some reason their bodies are build to give them pleasure from anal stimulation that can't be achieved from being with a woman.<br />
Our bodies are build to give us a choice...

Best Answer

Would you prefer taking a dump be painful? :)

Best Answer

So you're saying that women - who doesn't have a prostate or 4000 nerveendings in that area - feels more pain during bathroom visits?

Best Answer

Dunno. All I know is that if that the human race would be extinct if homosexuality were practiced by all.

Best Answer

So would it if we all kept to ************... But we don't. And not all prefer to have sex with their own gender. I am personally straight but have chosen not to have children. Luckily so many others wants more than 2 kids... We're one specie and we'll keep reproducing together...

Best Answer

Except for homosexuals. They can't.

Best Answer

Of course they can... They're not incapable of having sex with women and have children. They choose not to. Just like I choose not to have children. And with so many out there having children without wanting them I don't see the problem.
We all have to choose the life that makes us happy and for some people that involves not having children. There are a lot of asexual people out there. If we all lived like them the human race would soon be extinct too - but we don't and we're not. We're all different and together we make sure that we'll survive.

Best Answer

Thing is, your argument is the same used by Pedophiles and Zoophiles to legitimize their perversions. You're not endorsing ********** and zoophilia, are you?

Best Answer

Being a JW is unnatural because it's such a small minority. Does that make it wrong?

Best Answer

Argumentum falsam analogiam. Human beings are not born pre-loaded with such conventionalities. Try again.

Best Answer

In other words...children cannot be religious, and religion is a man made construct...that is, according to your statement anyways.

Best Answer

Nope, you just aren't getting it. The misuse of Latin phrasing isn't helping you. It makes you look arrogant to those who don't understand it, and poorly educated to those who do. Be honest, I challenge you once more to do so.

Best Answer

Argumentum ignoratio elenchi. Sorry, try again.

Best Answer

Your failed Latin attempts of noting fallacies inky shows you know as little about Logics and fallacies as you do Latin.

Best Answer

Try again without Latin. Or study Latin or reasoning, or anything. I know you want to seem educated so you talk about things above your pay grade so to speak, but I challenge you to use your own words instead of copying and pasting from zealous websites.

Best Answer

More red herrings? Do please try and stay on point.

Best Answer

Changing the subject again. Replacing Latin with another phrase you don't understand the meaning of. Answer, I dare you. Are you honestly questioning whether homosexuality, like dwarfism, is natural albeit rare? Or is this a backhanded attempt to denounce homosexuality?

Best Answer

Is it that you don't understand how your original reply is a false analogy? I'd be more than happy to explain.

Best Answer

It's meant to be, just as yours is. You won't answer will you? You just ask a new question in response. It's always, always, always a dodge.

Best Answer

You should pen a letter to the LBGT community then. Maybe that'll get them to stop making appeals to nature as a defense for their wanton profligacy.

Best Answer

Another dodge.

Best Answer

Actually you've arrived at my preset destination. Congratulations!

Best Answer

It's natural, but people just don't want to believe it. In ancient times, it was more likely to be homosexual or bisexual than to be heterosexual. It's not rare at all. Maybe you should pay attention. There's lots of homosexuals in this world.

Best Answer

If they are the majority, as you suggest, then man would be extinct. We don't reproduce asexually you know ...

Best Answer

Umm..asexual reproduction is reproducing on your own, without sex, hence asexual. Homosexuals aren't asexual either.

Best Answer

Homosexuality is natural, it is not at all rare. It occurs in a small part of all mammalian species. Many who are born homosexual are naturally different because they do not produce the same pheremes as the heterosexual members of their gender. Being natural is not the same as being the majority or more of anything. We are populating the world faster than it can support the human race. Possibly the occurrence of homosexuality is a small part of population management?

Best Answer

How is a phenomenon that occurs "in a small part of all mammalian species" not rare?

Best Answer

Humans happen rarely within the mammalia FAMILY. I guess you think we are unnatural. Religion happened even less than homosexuality, thus religion is unnatural.

Best Answer

Because the overwhelming majority of the world's population is Atheist ... oh . wait ...

Best Answer

Reductio ad absurdum. ;) I know Latin fallacies much better than you.

Best Answer

Reductio ad absurdum is only legitimate if it builds on statements that are in fact within the reasoning being deconstructed without strawmanning it . Try again.

Best Answer

Reductio ad Absurdum - Latin for Reduction to Absurdity. It is the act of trying to demonstrate a point is true by claiming that a false or absurd result follows from its denial, or that a statement is false by claiming said untrue absurdity results from its acceptance. Examples of this are:

Homosexuality is unnatural because it leads to perversion.

Religion is natural because nature isn't atheist.

Atheism= no belief in god.

Name me one non human animal that believes in god. If you cannot, it means nature is in fact, atheist. ;)

Best Answer

FYI, reductio ad absurdum fallacies are NEVER legitimate. That's what makes them a fallacy. ;) back to grade one for you.

Best Answer

"In formal logic, the reductio ad absurdum is a legitimate argument. It follows the form that if the premises are assumed to be true it necessarily leads to an absurd (false) conclusion and therefore one or more premises must be false. The term is now often used to refer to the abuse of this style of argument, by stretching the logic in order to force an absurd conclusion. For example a UFO enthusiast once argued that if I am skeptical about the existence of alien visitors, I must also be skeptical of the existence of the Great Wall of China, since I have not personally seen either." - http://www.theskepticsguide.org/resources/logical-fallacies?wlfrom=%2Fresources

<<<<<<<<< Try again >>>>>>>>>

Best Answer

Congratulations, you've learned the difference between the Reductio ad Absurdum argument, and the Reductio ad Absurdum fallacy. The argument is legitimate, as the absurdity or false state IS the outcome, take Shroedinger's Cat for example. The Reductio ad Absurdum fallacy however, is stretching an argument into an untrue absurdity, or false state, such as homosexuality leading to immoral thoughts the same as **********. This makes your argument a form of an etymological fallacy. ;)

Best Answer

An occurrence that occurs in one in ten of a population is not rare, when compared to an occurrence that appears in one in ten thousand of the same population such as born with the equipment of both genders. This is a natural mutation of reproduction, but appears fairly rarely.

Best Answer

In the US population studies show that it's a meager 4.0%: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/williams-institute-report-reveals-million-gay-bisexual-transgender/story?id=13320565#.UeDF6t_I1UQ
Comparable worldwide figures have also been estimated. To put things into perspective, the entire US gay population, for instance, would fit comfortably in Shanghai. That's one city out of the tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of cities across the globe. Like I said, rare.

Best Answer

By contrast, if we take human beings, and group them in comparison to all life on Earth, it would be even more rare than homosexuality. Thus, by your twisted and illogical thinking, human beings are unnatural.

We can take this one step further and show that of the 9 planets in the solar system (and one planetoid), there is only trees and our nature on one of them. Thus, by your demented logic, nature itself, is unnatural.

Best Answer

Now, see, that's an argumentum reductio ad absurdum strawman.

Best Answer

No it isn't, as the absurdity IS the true outcome. Thus you could only claim it is a reductio ad absurdum argument, which you have done the liberty of demonstrating IS a legitimate argument. Qualifying something as unnatural has no relation to popularity.

Best Answer

Your utilizing only the same gender oriented people of the U.S. as comparison against the whole world population both skews the results and displays a total lack of rational in statistical review. The Kinsey report of 1948 has passed peer review and has been replicated by McGrath in 1958, as well as by Johnson in 1981, in different population groups. All of these studies have passed peer review and the source data is available to identify the criteria used.
The Gates report that you have cited is pending peer review and actually cites up to 11% of the population as same gender attracted. It used a small sampling of the population, and has opened more questions than answers as you probably read in the full report at the Williams Institute, UCLA.
The city in which I reside has included sexual orientation on the annual census twice. The response was 86% both times. Even given that the 14 % that did not answer the census are heterosexual in orientation, the city is 16.5 % LGBTQ. Not really rare at all.

Best Answer

So was Phrenology. What's your point?

Best Answer

WOW--b4 I get a headache with all these different viewpoints..Ill put my $5 worth in.<br />
1st go here-----> http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/research/ak-hhscale.html<br />
and then decide where your getting this so called 10%. I would love to know where you get that from.<br />
After looking at the scale you'll see that their is a whole "range" between totally "homo" and totally "hetro" Hence, it would seem to me that the majority is between the 2. Therefore a tiny % is totally straight.<br />
Logically more people are "in between" or "bi" since I know there are a lot of people out there that have had certain "curiosity". and therefore are in the "range". If you can see my point.<br />
Also, there is a HUGE difference, lapiuldose, between homo and bi! Homo means they only like their "own" gender, and bi of course means "both". I know "men" out there that hate women and would not even think of them for pleasure, whereas there are those people, like me, who are capable of love either way in varying degrees.

Best Answer

So if you - or anyone else - has ever wanted to kill their x that makes them a murderer, right? :)

Best Answer

Non Sequitur.

Best Answer

Argumentum assertio. “That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” Prove your claim. Prove that it's a non sequitur.

Best Answer

It's quite simple, since homosexuality has nothing to do with murder, thus your point does not follow the premise=non-sequitur - does not follow.

Best Answer

And it's funny how all my statements defining the Latin logical ffallaciesyou misused have been erased. Strange huh?

Best Answer

not until they pull trigger
Although with all these"intent" laws it seems you dont even have to do anything but "intend" and your guilty, fig that 1 out!

Best Answer

Who says it is rare? Nature promotes those indulging in their desires. It is what causes us to reproduce and evolve, while disdainment and avoidance of what is undesirable leads to survival. Animals engage in homosexual acts all the time, from dogs, cattle, dolphins, etc. Humans are no different. In fact, until recent history, and the construction of Abrahamic religions, it was normal. Achilles was said to have a male lover, as did Alexander the Great, which we know.The Spartans encouraged homosexual love among soldiers, as it was believed you would fight harder for your lover. Even the samurai had homosexual relationships with their mentors. It wasn't until the bible became popular that we began labelling sexuality. Prior to then, men and women had sex with both genders openly. So if it weren't natural, why has it been part of our nature longer than heterosexual monogamy? <br />
That being said, would you like to discuss the peer-reviewed scientific reports on homosexuality and genetics?

Best Answer

Not to be facetious or anything, but so long as you're taking your signals on precisely what perfectly normal human conduct is from the world of irrational beasts, how come don't you slash the heads off your lovers after having sex just like the irrational Praying Mantis? Or what about committing dominance rape or simply having sex with young kids just as practiced by irrational primates? How about feeding on your own personal fecal matter the way irrational pigs, dogs, cows or primates enjoy? Why exactly shouldn’t it be lawful for you to slaughter then consume infants the way irrational beasts can and do?

Best Answer

First you'll have to learn reality in nature before we discuss our role and behaviour in it. :)

Best Answer

I smell your fear.

Best Answer

Ad hominem. An attempt to deflect from the fact that you have nothing to defend your ignorant, hateful and disrespectful philosophy. Way to go...you are a shining example of what your religion really is. ;)

Best Answer