megsyface11 megsyface11 18-21, F 11 Answers Aug 14, 2010

If you think thats confusing, consider the word "Success."

Best Answer

In Gaelic a singular noun that begins in the letter C is pronounced with a K and a plural noun with an S.

Best Answer

Just paak your caaah in Haahvaad Yaad.....

Best Answer

It was my understanding that both pronunciations were correct.

Best Answer

Actually, Glasgow Celtic , the soccer club as a big Irish Catholic following. It was just that at the time there were a lot of illiterate Irish people, this was in the Victorian era,and this is where I have to surmise, the Irish who emigrated to the states took this name with them. The soccer part was in a Glasgow Celtic match programme

Best Answer

May have something to do with the fact Celtics are from Ireland while Seltics are from Beantown !!

Best Answer

'Cause they're from Boston.

Best Answer

... because long ago when the world was young, it was pronounced with the "s" sound prior to the general knowledge that the Celts pronounced with the "k" sound

Best Answer

I've asked the same question with regard to the football (soccer to Americans) team Glasgow celtic, again soft 'c' sound used.

Then I realised it didn't matter I hated them regardless. :-D

Best Answer