princecharmingII princecharmingII 18-21, M 13 Answers Aug 22, 2014 in Community

No. Jesus said some wonderful things about how to live in this world, but Christianity is about believing and going to Heaven and none of that makes much sense. Heaven sounds very boring.

Best Answer

really? how does heaven sound boring?

Best Answer

What is Christianity?

Best Answer

What is Christianity?

Christianity is a religion based upon the teachings and miracles of Jesus. Jesus is the Christ. The word "christ" means anointed one. Christ is not Jesus' last name. Jesus is the anointed one from God the Father who came to this world, fulfilled the Old Testament laws and prophecies, died on the cross, and rose from the dead physically. He performed many miracles which were recorded in the Gospels by the eyewitnesses. He is divine in nature as well as human. Thus, He has two natures and is worthy of worship and prayer.

Christianity teaches that there is only one God in all existence, that God made the universe, the Earth, and created Adam and Eve. God created man in His image. This does not mean that God has a body of flesh and bones. Image means the likeness of God's character, rationality, etc. Because we are made in the image of God, every person is worthy of respect and honor. Furthermore, this means that we did not evolve through random processes from a single-celled organism into rational, emotional beings.

God created Adam and Eve and put them in the Garden of Eden and gave them the freedom to choose between right and wrong. They chose to sin. Sin is doing that which is contrary to the nature and will of God. For example, God cannot lie; therefore, lying is sin. The sin of disobeying God that Adam and Eve committed resulted in their being expelled from the Garden of Eden as well as suffering the effects of death.

As a result of their sin, their children and all of us inherited a sinful nature. In other words, our offspring are not perfect in nature. Think about it. We don't have to teach children to be selfish or how to lie. They know how to do these things naturally. This shows that we are born in a fallen state.

Christianity teaches that God is a Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--not three Gods), that Jesus Christ is the second person of the Trinity, that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead physically, and that all people are under the righteous judgment of God because all people have sinned against God. It teaches that Jesus is the only way to be saved from the coming judgment of God and that salvation is received by faith in the work of Christ on the cross and not by anything that we can do to please God.

Where all other religions in the world teach that we must do some sort of good in cooperation with God in order to achieve the right to be in God's presence, Christianity is the only religion that teaches salvation by grace. This means that we are not made right before God by our efforts, sincerity, or works. Instead, we are made right before God by faith in what Christ did on the cross.

Christianity further teaches that once a person is "born again" (becomes saved), that the Holy Spirit lives in that person; and the person is changed: "Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." (2 Cor. 5:17). This means that God actually lives in the person, and the Christian then experiences a true and living relationship with God.

Therefore, "What is Christianity?" is best answered by saying that it is a relationship with the true and living God through the person of Jesus Christ by whom we are forgiven of our sins and escape the righteous judgment of God.

Best Answer

Thank you... Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit are my way of life..

Best Answer

It is true whether you believe it or not. I did become a Christian.

Best Answer

No. I wont ever believe in any religion.

Best Answer

even if they were right? why?

Best Answer

Because I would use my free will to live life how I wanted to live it. Not how others force me to.

Best Answer

so in living your free life how are you able to know whats wrong and right?

Best Answer

By my own moral compass. I don't believe in god, and yet following my moral compass I know stealing is bad, raping is wrong and murder is evil.

Religious belief doesn't make anyone better or worse.

Best Answer

Nope.

Best Answer

why no?

Best Answer

All religions are faith and untrue

Best Answer

the question my dear friend is would you become one ifv you find out it is true?

Best Answer

if any religion was provably true there would be no point in converts,

Best Answer

you right...but yet you would agree with me that there are things you believe its true but others may think it isnt

Best Answer

if you concede to the same logic ;)

Best Answer

what logic?

Best Answer

that as humans, living in this current world, a large part of our knowledge is based on such biases that it's untrue. as to religion, yours is based on one that was written many years after the subject of it was deceased, so if only for that reason, there must be mistakes, not to mention that cristians made errors in translation from the old testament and the new version of the old does not contain the commentaries alongside the text but rather mixed in to better uphold an agenda. if you wish to base Christianity just on the old bible in the original language as it was originally then that would be a lot more valid.
no offenses meant sir, just debating here

Best Answer

well ..then but consider this...lets say a book written origianlly in the french language and you ask for the english version of it does it mean the english one is not valid?

Best Answer

things are always lost in translation but the origional bible is written in such a way that there are 70 explanations on every word. the letters used, the particular word, the symbols on top of the crown, the difference in what is written versus what is meant to be spoken. to read that bible just in english, even without the commentaries weaved in there however the writter wanted, is to compare a cell to a human. you're missing 90% of it and what you do know of it is so scrambled and bias.

Best Answer

listen even a word english language can have lots of explanation for example 'He was a BIG man" someone could interpret it as fat another huge in terms of stature and another great in terms of the influence one has...so the only thing is weve got to look at the hebrew word for it....for example ELOHIM thus the Greek word for God is plural so someone who doesnt know this thinks if we say jesus is God we claiming God is three....but not the case

Best Answer

so you agree to my logic. if you go back to the origional bible, say walk into a jewish store and get a bible with hebrew and english, with the commentaries on the sides ( i hope you know hebrew and aramaic) and find proof for your religion then come back and we can argue that

Best Answer

listen i know what you talking about but it still doesnt make the bible wrong....so you saying it should be in the hebrew language,so how would you have read it if was so?

Best Answer

the true way. you can't take a work so deep in meaning and just translate it in a very simplified form, with your own bias and still call it a holy book. call it a story book if you will. do you want a religion based on a story book?

Best Answer

I think I might have to. Guided by the same search for truth that brought me to atheism

Best Answer

ok...so what truth brought you to atheism ?

Best Answer

That there is no proof of a deity.

Best Answer

No, there is more to life than truth!

Best Answer