No. Jesus said some wonderful things about how to live in this world, but Christianity is about believing and going to Heaven and none of that makes much sense. Heaven sounds very boring.

Best Answer

really? how does heaven sound boring?

Best Answer

It is true whether you believe it or not. I did become a Christian.

Best Answer

No. I wont ever believe in any religion.

Best Answer

even if they were right? why?

Best Answer

Because I would use my free will to live life how I wanted to live it. Not how others force me to.

Best Answer

so in living your free life how are you able to know whats wrong and right?

Best Answer

By my own moral compass. I don't believe in god, and yet following my moral compass I know stealing is bad, raping is wrong and murder is evil.

Religious belief doesn't make anyone better or worse.

Best Answer

All religions are faith and untrue

Best Answer

the question my dear friend is would you become one ifv you find out it is true?

Best Answer

if any religion was provably true there would be no point in converts,

Best Answer

you right...but yet you would agree with me that there are things you believe its true but others may think it isnt

Best Answer

if you concede to the same logic ;)

Best Answer

what logic?

Best Answer

that as humans, living in this current world, a large part of our knowledge is based on such biases that it's untrue. as to religion, yours is based on one that was written many years after the subject of it was deceased, so if only for that reason, there must be mistakes, not to mention that cristians made errors in translation from the old testament and the new version of the old does not contain the commentaries alongside the text but rather mixed in to better uphold an agenda. if you wish to base Christianity just on the old bible in the original language as it was originally then that would be a lot more valid.
no offenses meant sir, just debating here

Best Answer

well ..then but consider this...lets say a book written origianlly in the french language and you ask for the english version of it does it mean the english one is not valid?

Best Answer

things are always lost in translation but the origional bible is written in such a way that there are 70 explanations on every word. the letters used, the particular word, the symbols on top of the crown, the difference in what is written versus what is meant to be spoken. to read that bible just in english, even without the commentaries weaved in there however the writter wanted, is to compare a cell to a human. you're missing 90% of it and what you do know of it is so scrambled and bias.

Best Answer

listen even a word english language can have lots of explanation for example 'He was a BIG man" someone could interpret it as fat another huge in terms of stature and another great in terms of the influence one has...so the only thing is weve got to look at the hebrew word for it....for example ELOHIM thus the Greek word for God is plural so someone who doesnt know this thinks if we say jesus is God we claiming God is three....but not the case

Best Answer

so you agree to my logic. if you go back to the origional bible, say walk into a jewish store and get a bible with hebrew and english, with the commentaries on the sides ( i hope you know hebrew and aramaic) and find proof for your religion then come back and we can argue that

Best Answer

listen i know what you talking about but it still doesnt make the bible wrong....so you saying it should be in the hebrew language,so how would you have read it if was so?

Best Answer

the true way. you can't take a work so deep in meaning and just translate it in a very simplified form, with your own bias and still call it a holy book. call it a story book if you will. do you want a religion based on a story book?

Best Answer

I think I might have to. Guided by the same search for truth that brought me to atheism

Best Answer

ok...so what truth brought you to atheism ?

Best Answer

That there is no proof of a deity.

Best Answer

No, there is more to life than truth!

Best Answer