dawinla dawinla 51-55, M 17 Answers Oct 22, 2012 in Politics

I think Obama made a better showing. Romney held back a bit and didn't say some things that he might have. But I don't think the debate tonight is going to sway many people one way or the other. People who are interested in foreign policy issues probably made up their minds about that a while back and will believe what they do because they are following the news. And I believe that most people will vote ba<x>sed on what they think about the economy first. <br />
You are right....I think that each side is mostly going to spin this to make it seem that their candidate did the better job. <br />
Honestly, I think the system that we have for elections and getting to know the candidates is a bit ineffective and ridiculous. Not to mention incredibly expensive!

Best Answer

What really struck me was how similar thier general views are on foreign policy. This will probably play well for Obama because it's his policy.

Best Answer

Lying about causes of riots and murders of Ambassadors sure is grade-A policy. Hell, let's dump a few more billion dollars on Israel and Egypt while we're at it.

Best Answer

democracy, is the winner

Best Answer

If by draw you mean an embarassing parade of idiocy and avoidance of the questions asked, yes. lol Sorry... I just.. I'm sorry couldn't resist :)

Best Answer

they go by who is more aggressive, meaning they don't go by what they actually say

Best Answer

I pray that people will get out and vote. I pray that people will be honest with themselves and not allow hatred, racism or ignorance to drive their vote. Too many important issues are on the table for everyone.

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more! Regardless of who you vote for, get out and vote!!!!

Best Answer

Draw? All Obama could do was be petty and personal. His answers were lame and failed to address the problems facing our country. He's nothing at all that a President should be. The facts that I saw checked, showed that once more Obama is a liar. And, oh by the way, I'm an independent too.

Best Answer

Obama proved himself the master of the rope-a-dope last year with the whole birther issue and Romney with all his lies and obfuscation set himself up for it from the beginning.

Best Answer

didn't see it, been watchin' th' ba<x>seball game, but I can tell you this much: no matter which one of those guys won the debate, or even if one of them wins the election, the same bunch of crooks is still running the show. Republicrats or Demopublicans? VOTE INDEPENDENT! It's our only chance.

Best Answer

President OBAMA won ...COOL

Best Answer

Hello Dawinlaw,<br />
What you have just described is termed "Confirmation Bias."<br />
People of all mindsets tend to accept more data that conforms with their personal beliefs. At the same time, people of all mindsets tend to reject or dismiss data that is contrary to their personal beliefs.<br />
Cheers,<br />
AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

I'm well aware...but I doubt that 90% of the folks reading this have probably never heard of confirmational bias, so I decided to leave that out :)

Best Answer

I have :o

Best Answer

Democrat. Romney clearly better in the first. Obama better in second. Do you really think it was a draw? Then you weren't paying attention .

Best Answer

I don't really care.

Best Answer

I would call it a waste of time. To bad they did not preempt ba<x>se ball for it.

Best Answer

Dog and pony show. Doesn't really matter.

Best Answer