Like an emergency preparedness plan? Emergency kit and supplies?
2Buddies 2Buddies 46-50, M 13 Answers Jan 15, 2010

Yes. I know how to survive in the wild, if we must leave our cities. Get some information toward that end, and you might make it, too. You'll need to know what is edible, water sources, how to make shelter and fire, and be able to live without any of the conveniences you know now. Yes, that includes your tv, and microwave.

Best Answer

Yes, I'm prepared. I love reading SAS Survival guides. I know what to do in virtually every situation. I can find water, food and shelter. I feel no fear because I have action plans for everything. If anyone is injured while everyone else is flustering and whincing, I am there sorting out the problem with my first aid training. I carry a plastice bag and water with me every where I go! 'Knowledge is power'. The world is very unstable, we should all have these skills and this knowledge but instead we all live in our little bubbles of denial. If there is any possibility of survival I know that I will get through.

Best Answer

If we are suddenly overgrown with pot, I have plenty of rolling papers and a very cool pipe :)

Best Answer

One Bic lighter, one backup Bic lighter, one Zippo, one can of lighter fluid for the Zippo, and a whole ceramic apple full of matches. I am ensured that I will be able to get a light, and the rest is just details.

Best Answer

yup. i have a year supply of food, paper products, and medicines. i also have warm clothing, blankets, flashlights, emergency kit, and other neccessities. i store water, too. i even have lots of books. my church teaches this. it's not just for disasters, but for personal crises, like job loss or injury. my kids all have the same stuff. so, yes, we are prepared, as long as it's not all crushed in an earthquake.

Best Answer

I'm probably one of the few who are. If anyone has seen the tv show "The Walking Dead" I'm pretty much like Daryl. At least my friends joke that I am. I'm a country boy, raised on the land. I hunt and fish. I garden. I know how to look for medicinal herbs and roots in the absence of other medicines. And I can take care of most minor medical emergencies (including stitching) that doesn't require a hospital. I'm also proficient with guns and a bow. I have a little shed behind my house stocked with MREs I buy from the local Army surplus store. And I have a well for water.

Best Answer

not even a little

Best Answer

Sadly, no. I live a couple miles from a power plant, and if it explodes, I will be evacuated to my high school. It'll turn into the Hurricane Katrina Superdome situation. They're not prepared fire drills, let alone putting people up for disasters. <br />
Guess I ought to start building that underground bunker...

Best Answer