When a person has no self worth they become drawn to things that destroy them. Think about it. If you hate something you want to destroy it or see it gone right? Well it is the same with self hatred. If you hate yourself you want to destroy yourself. The reasons for self loathing can stem back to a variation of traumatic events. The most common being an abusive childhood, growing up in poverty, or growing up with an addict. Some people grow stronger because of trauma but most people become damaged. It's sad how people will punish themselves for the sins of someone else. I've read some of these other answers and I can't say I agree. These people are in pain. Tortured by the demons of their past. Not stupid.

Best Answer

Cause they are idiots. I wish we would just stop helping them and let nature take its course. If people wanna kill themselves with drugs, let them!

Best Answer