Men paying all the time is just a sexist holdover...now back in the '70's when I was in college, we either went Dutch (Sorry to all Dutch Americans out there) or alternated paying. Be honest...have you ever been forced to pay for a meal when you didn't want to?

Best Answer

what does "going Dutch" mean?

Best Answer

where you each pay your own tab

Best Answer

The two aren't directly related, but I don't think guys should pay for everything on dates. It creates a situation of indebtedness for the woman to the man, where feminism is all about getting rid of power discrepancies.

Best Answer

So would you its unfair to make women a priority over men in emergencies like hostage situations sinking ships?

Best Answer

Not that that situation arises that frequently anymore, but it is unfair. The reasoning behind it was that women should be with their children (women and children first), and in the panic of a sinking ship, it would be hard to arrange for whole families: men, women, and children, to be escorted off wholly together.

Best Answer

But why would they assume women should be their kids over men? Shouldn't it be equal?

Best Answer

You're speaking to a different time that this rule was made in. Yes, it should be equal, but in that time, they assumed that a child needed its mother more than its father.

Best Answer

I would expect them to pay 50/50. I only pay for my date's dinner the first time and when I'm feeling generous.

Best Answer

Paying for dinner/a date is just a nice thing to do for someone and typically if you are the one who invited someone you should at least offer. Whether you are a man or woman, no matter if you are romantically interested or not.

Best Answer

with more money should come more responsibility.

Best Answer

Equal pay laws have been in effect for decades.

Best Answer

Doesn't mean everyone follows them.

Best Answer

They do actually. This whole pay gap thing got shot down over a decade ago; all things being equal women get paid more.

Best Answer

Changing a law for fairness is one thing, changing a tradition is another.

Best Answer

I'm not saying pass a law to force people to go dutch, Im just saying if we make equal pay and I refuse to pay for her ****, that society don't look down on me. Traditions can be wrong just like laws can.

Best Answer

I see it as an apple orange issue. You legislate fairness in public, including the workplace. You don't legislate courtship. You can certainly offer a date "dutch" and that would certainly get each of you a clear picture of what the other is about. But remember when dating, you are compared with every other date. If you stand on equal pay means going dutch, and get a rep as cheap, hmmm. Now once you have an established relationship, she can be expected to contribute. Most of my serious squeezes did.

Best Answer

Do people still do that, not dated in ages. Why not take it in turns.

Best Answer

hahaha wouldn't that be nice ....we pay for every thing

Best Answer

I think all this feminism bollocks has back fired on them to be honest.

Best Answer