SocietalAnger SocietalAnger 22-25, M 13 Answers May 7, 2012

The two aren't directly related, but I don't think guys should pay for everything on dates. It creates a situation of indebtedness for the woman to the man, where feminism is all about getting rid of power discrepancies.

Best Answer

So would you its unfair to make women a priority over men in emergencies like hostage situations sinking ships?

Best Answer

Not that that situation arises that frequently anymore, but it is unfair. The reasoning behind it was that women should be with their children (women and children first), and in the panic of a sinking ship, it would be hard to arrange for whole families: men, women, and children, to be escorted off wholly together.

Best Answer

But why would they assume women should be their kids over men? Shouldn't it be equal?

Best Answer

You're speaking to a different time that this rule was made in. Yes, it should be equal, but in that time, they assumed that a child needed its mother more than its father.

Best Answer

Men paying all the time is just a sexist holdover...now back in the '70's when I was in college, we either went Dutch (Sorry to all Dutch Americans out there) or alternated paying. Be honest...have you ever been forced to pay for a meal when you didn't want to?

Best Answer

what does "going Dutch" mean?

Best Answer

where you each pay your own tab

Best Answer

with more money should come more responsibility.

Best Answer

I think it's a bunch of bullshit, Every place I ever worked at payed the women there exactly the same or leaned towards paying the women more than the men and The men allways do more actual phisical work than the women anyhow just because they are stronger. Not to mention the fact many wimen get payed more in a job setting and get raises more frequently then men because the boss is a guy and they use the promise of or the implied possabilty of sexual favor to the boss for more pay where the male workers have no such advantage, If you think it doesn't happen you either don't want to admit it or you have your eyes closed to it. I even worked at a place where it was a rule or policy that the women were not aloud to pick up or move anything that weighted more than 20 pounds where most everything in the shop weighted 50 to 100 pounds but they got paid the same or more then the men. They even had a list of items that were weighted on a scale to say the women were not to handle them. I think If you do the same exact job you should be paid the exact same money as the other person but it just doesn't work that way. 99.9 % of heavy work is done by men where the women get paid the same or more than the men in the exact same job setting so how is that fare???????????

Best Answer

Since the begining of civilization It is and has been implied that the man is to be the provider for the woman and children in all things social, not only that but men have been trained to feel insalted or belittled when a woman pays for any social interaction. I was raised old fasioned and I feel a guy is suposed to pay for everything on a date and he is to be the main provider for his spouse and family but that was when men were making the majority of income in the work force, now women make the same if not more than most men but women are taking advantage of this. If a guy treats a woman as an equal in all aspects of financial things right away the woman calls him a cheepscate or in some way insalts his manhood because he treats her as equal to him. On the other side of the same coin If a guy is exspected to pay for everything how about if he exspects to get serviced after the date and if the woman doesn't want to give it up she shouldn't go out with the guy in the first place. It's a doubble standard and the guy allways ends up paying and then gets called an ******* no mater what.

Best Answer

I have to agree with your rant there dude. I worked in a kitchen and even though I had seniority of 12 years experience, I had 3 women promoted over me (and I was told to train them!!!), and during raise time I was passed over 11 out of 12 years even though I was one of the hardest workers in the kitchen. I could do every position listed, had a college degree, never called out for work, did all the heavy lifting, worked overtime AND on my days off; yet the ladies were allowed to call out for any little reason, barely could lift any load, spent more time talking and walking around than working, and kept things stirred up on the job. It was so bad that most of the men quit because they were tired of the constant bs the women kept dishing out, not to mention lack of money and respect for the men. So yeah, equality is just another term for 'slavery' in a foul attempt to get back at the 'male oppressors' if you ask me.

Best Answer

I would expect them to pay 50/50. I only pay for my date's dinner the first time and when I'm feeling generous.

Best Answer

Equal pay laws have been in effect for decades.

Best Answer

Doesn't mean everyone follows them.

Best Answer

They do actually. This whole pay gap thing got shot down over a decade ago; all things being equal women get paid more.

Best Answer

Changing a law for fairness is one thing, changing a tradition is another.

Best Answer

I'm not saying pass a law to force people to go dutch, Im just saying if we make equal pay and I refuse to pay for her ****, that society don't look down on me. Traditions can be wrong just like laws can.

Best Answer

I see it as an apple orange issue. You legislate fairness in public, including the workplace. You don't legislate courtship. You can certainly offer a date "dutch" and that would certainly get each of you a clear picture of what the other is about. But remember when dating, you are compared with every other date. If you stand on equal pay means going dutch, and get a rep as cheap, hmmm. Now once you have an established relationship, she can be expected to contribute. Most of my serious squeezes did.

Best Answer

Do people still do that, not dated in ages. Why not take it in turns.

Best Answer

Paying for dinner/a date is just a nice thing to do for someone and typically if you are the one who invited someone you should at least offer. Whether you are a man or woman, no matter if you are romantically interested or not.

Best Answer

hahaha wouldn't that be nice ....we pay for every thing

Best Answer

I think all this feminism bollocks has back fired on them to be honest.

Best Answer