They didn't have much technology then. How do you think it would be for someone who for some reason traveled in time from like year 1812 to 2012?
16beauty 16beauty 16-17, F 18 Answers Nov 23, 2012 in Hobbies

"Everything I once enjoyed is now illegal. :/"

Best Answer

"Sweet mother! What did you people do?"

Best Answer

I don't think they would get past the language barrier.

Best Answer

"Whars mah opyum!?"

Best Answer

I believe it would largely depend on who that "someone" was, in terms of gender, race, religion, and class. Even depending on that person's age, because a fifteen-year-old would react differently to the immersion than an elderly person. Some people would be dismayed, and some people would be positively astonished. Myself, coming from the 1800's to here I'd weep for the shock & joy at how far women's liberation has come. Of course, not every woman would, though. And any white man my age coming from that time period would feel threatened in his place in the social heirarchy, understandably, and would probably see it as a very bad thing. My point is that, it depends WHO is the person we're dragging up from the 1800's, as to what their reaction would be to our world.

Best Answer

From a social standpoint, they'd probably be horrified. The world is a very different place now, with the rights of women, children, racial and ethnic minorities, gays and lesbians much more taken for granted.

Best Answer

Or maybe their first thought would be: "Where's the bathroom?"

Best Answer

I believe a lot would scream "Nothing makes sense anymore!!!", attempt to shoot themselves, and not be able to figure out how to **** the gun.

Best Answer

They would go and hide in a dark room & beg to be allowed back into their sane world :)

Best Answer

Much technology? Really not any technology. They would think we were space creatures even though space exploration wasn't something they considered in the 1800s. Everything would be a shock. From the cars, phone, computers, microwave ovens, drive thru windows, the speed of everything, the lack of fashion sense, our lack of discretion when it comes to discussing things, our table manners, our language and lack of dignity. Men's blatant disrespect of women. Children addressing their parents. I think the shock would kill most people born in the early 1800s.

Best Answer

"what the f u ck has happened to the world, we were so sophisticated and elegant, society is supposed to better themselves as time progresses. fu ck this, humanity is screwed, and i dont want my bloodline in this society" so at that moment he takes the six shooter from its holster and shoots himself in the head.

Best Answer

A visionary would say, "Cool" !!<br />
A religious nut would think the Apocalypse is underway.

Best Answer

They would think we are socially challenged in a tug of war world, as if speaking to people with deaf ears, that we would need so much technology to constantly converse to each other about things ranging from serious to nonsense.

Best Answer

They would be a steampunk's dream come true.

Best Answer

Considering the techno void of then, I think all but the very bright and open minded would have a total melt down.

Best Answer