if friendship is your weakest point, then you are the strongest person in the world by abraham lincon

Best Answer

The Civil War was a pretty horrible, but morally necessary thing. From what the historians tell us, life got pretty lonely and depressing for Lincoln. There were draft riots in the North. It would seem the more popular and easier thing would have been to have done anything but have the war fought to the bitter end.<br />
Many people cower on account of pressure from strangers, let alone friends. People do horrible things for the sake of social conformity, and that on account of strangers, let alone friends. The opinions of friends would undoubtedly weigh even more heavily.<br />
Membership in a political party can have a similar effect, according to Thomas Jefferson:<br />
"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever, in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else, where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent."<br />
~ Thomas Jefferson, March 13, 1789

Best Answer

Its too vague because it can go either way....i.e....having too many friends can be a weak thing and having no friends can also be a weak thing too thus can both make you strong both ways. So this to me is an unfair statement.

Best Answer

the fewer friends you have, the more self sufficient you are.....

Best Answer

There are two parts to this. First is most obvious: if all your traits are arranged from strongest to weakest, and friendship is last, then you are stronger in terms of your virtues- patience, honesty, etc. On the other hand, if friendship is your weakest point, you likely don't have many or any friends. It takes a lot of strength to be a loner- to be ostracized, and often, bullied.

Best Answer

Lincoln ? I think he meant that if your biggest weakness is something he would consider a strength (friendship) then you're not weak at all, because friendship is not characteristic of weakness, but one of strength and loyalty.

Best Answer

?!

Best Answer