Ms Greer celebrated gender differences and was not a woman necessarily fighting for equality. Its how others interpreted her actions and painted them into their own agenda that made things appear volatile.

Best Answer

You are right of course, but that still doesn't change the outcome of Ms Greer's actions.

Best Answer

The bomb was going to explode. It is Ms Greer that ended up lighting the fuse. Gloria Steinem was not to be hushed.

Best Answer

I only asked the question, I do not wish to argue why! The opinion of others is my only interest.
The ethics behind Ms Greer's actions are of no interest to my life as it stands.
A selfish yearning for a simplier life than the one I have now is my only reason for asking this question.

Best Answer

Germaine Greer aint happy either

Best Answer

I totally agree.

Best Answer

Germaine Greer never did burn her bra. The whole "bra burning" thing is an urban myth.

Best Answer

Really, please enlighten me, what did Germaine Greer do then???

Best Answer

Well, regarding the fact that bra burning is an urban myth, you could start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_brassieres#Feminist_protests.2C_Miss_America.2C_and_.22bra_burning.22 )
As to "what GG did", I can hardly write her biography here; you should obviously read up about her.

Best Answer

Many thanks for your link, however I have no interest in reading her biography.
My question is a simple one, one which people can relate to with no explanation.
I am not asking for a history lesson, or an argument, far from it.
It really doesn't matter what wikipedia has to say about this lady and the "bra burning" urban myth.
I just wanted to hear of the opinions of the women of today. My question, I believe (and correct me if I am wrong) is one that no matter how educated we are, we can all understand.

Best Answer

FlowersNButterflies, don't you think it's perhaps a bit insensitive and potentially offensive to compare the Holocaust to a frivolous urban myth about an item of clothing?

Best Answer

Kurlysue, your question began "If Germaine Greer never burnt her bra". The fact is that she never did burn her bra. I am very simply clarifying an inaccuracy. How you feel about that is up to you.

Best Answer

For goodness sake, we all know who Germain Greer is otherwise you would not have been able to "clariyfy an inaccuracy".
By all means tear my question to shreads, but the fact that you can means that you are aware of the impact this lady had on our lives.
Just answer the question please, that is all I ask. If you feel the need to put right my inaccuracy then please don't reply,

Best Answer

How ridiculous, Kurlysue. You're posting a question to an open internet forum and you get angry when you don't get answers you like? Your expectations seem a little unrealistic, dearie.

Best Answer

No, still chained to the sink, taking tablets for our nerves

Best Answer

That was all very well but she never thought about us bigger girls

Best Answer