...contain historical facts? Why are Christians so impressed that a history book written in the Bronze age describes Bronze age history?
Ketsan Ketsan 31-35, M 13 Answers Jul 14, 2011

It is not "historical fact" that is written in the bible, it is a way of life. Each who has written a chapter in the bible was an apostle, God was the inspiration behind their every word, there for man wrote the words of God. Once can simply say "I am god," and write a whole bunch of rules down. But that is why God proved his existence through action. "Instead of simply saying I love you, prove it to me." <br />
Deuteronomy 5:15- And remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm;<br />
Deu 5:7-9- 7 “You shall have no other gods before me.<br />
8 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God...<br />
(Do not allow fantasy mix with reality)<br />
Fear God...Love God.

Best Answer

the greek gods do have counterparts in the spirit. in fact, any idol, that some one might choose to give their worship, energy, and adoration to, will have some kind of spiriit or fallen angel behind it, recieving it.

Best Answer

I like to think of all of it as historical fiction... like Angels and Demons or The Lost Symbol, both by Dan Brown. Very much littered with facts and actual historical references.... and very much muddied with conjecture and fantastic prose.<br />
I do believe there is truth and knowledge within those texts. By the same token, I think Harry Potter has relevance too. There is value in many works of art and literature....

Best Answer

Wait! Harry Potter is fiction?

Best Answer

danke!!!

Best Answer

yes, but the premise was "borrowed" from many other stories as well so the basic story line can be found all over many other works.

Best Answer

Luce1984... Are you saying that anything with historical fact can be fake? In that case the bible could very well be a lie made up by men to teach their children values.<br /><br />My opinion is all dieties exist, but when they saw that man was drifting away from them they backed off to leave man to its own devices. Some of them still show themselves when the need comes. My brother is a norseman. He has seen the work of Odin. It all depends on who decides to follow the old ways.

Best Answer

That depends on if you think it was fact or fiction. There are those who believe the Bible to be fiction, or fact with stories added to get the point across. I hadn't thought about your guestion before but what about all the religions that do not have the Bible but believe it whatever there own belief system is?

Best Answer

The amazement comes not from the inclusion of historical fact, but by the consistency of the message in a book that was written over the course of two thousand some years by a wide collection of authors of varying nationality, social status, and education. From the tales penned by Moses of the early years of Israel, and the poetry and songs of Psalm and Song of Solomon, to the epistles of Paul, and John's vision of the end times; the Bible paints a love story between artist and art, creator and creation. Not a love fueled by lust, but a self-sacrificial love, demonstrated time and again as God shepherds the Israelites, and culminating in the ultimate act of sacrifice, when God's only Son is sent to the Earth to be beaten, mocked and spat upon, and finally to suffer one of the cruelest and most humiliating executions of all time - crucifixion by the Roman Empire, only to conquer death itself and emerge from the grave, alive forevermore and interceding on our behalf at the Father's right hand. This love story is dotted with reference to historical locations, some of which still exist and provide keys to unlock secrets of the Biblical times and acquire greater knowledge.

Best Answer

The bible doesn't take place just take place in the age of jesus many part of it were first past down threw story's then written down long before Jesus came around. So the bible was before the myths

Best Answer

The Iliad predates even Judaism.

Best Answer