...contain historical facts? Why are Christians so impressed that a history book written in the Bronze age describes Bronze age history?
Ketsan Ketsan 31-35, M 11 Answers Jul 14, 2011

Considering the number of historical errors in the buybull, it doesn't even compare in historical accuracy to the Iliad and Odyssey. Here are but two examples:

(1) There were never any jews in Egypt. Not a single shred of any evidence has been found to match the fiction, not even by those who want it to be true. Exodus is a myth.

(2) Nazareth didn't exist 2000 years ago. The first settlements that founded Nazareth only date back to 300CE, 1700 years ago, and the town was really only founded 1400 years ago, well after the fictions of the buybull.

However, when the buybull was compiled by the catholic cult in Rome about 1300 years ago, Nazareth was an existing town.

Best Answer

the greek gods do have counterparts in the spirit. in fact, any idol, that some one might choose to give their worship, energy, and adoration to, will have some kind of spiriit or fallen angel behind it, recieving it.

Best Answer

I like to think of all of it as historical fiction... like Angels and Demons or The Lost Symbol, both by Dan Brown. Very much littered with facts and actual historical references.... and very much muddied with conjecture and fantastic prose.

I do believe there is truth and knowledge within those texts. By the same token, I think Harry Potter has relevance too. There is value in many works of art and literature....

Best Answer

Wait! Harry Potter is fiction?

Best Answer

danke!!!

Best Answer

yes, but the premise was "borrowed" from many other stories as well so the basic story line can be found all over many other works.

Best Answer

Luce1984... Are you saying that anything with historical fact can be fake? In that case the bible could very well be a lie made up by men to teach their children values.

My opinion is all dieties exist, but when they saw that man was drifting away from them they backed off to leave man to its own devices. Some of them still show themselves when the need comes. My brother is a norseman. He has seen the work of Odin. It all depends on who decides to follow the old ways.

Best Answer

That depends on if you think it was fact or fiction. There are those who believe the Bible to be fiction, or fact with stories added to get the point across. I hadn't thought about your guestion before but what about all the religions that do not have the Bible but believe it whatever there own belief system is?

Best Answer

The bible doesn't take place just take place in the age of jesus many part of it were first past down threw story's then written down long before Jesus came around. So the bible was before the myths

Best Answer

The Iliad predates even Judaism.

Best Answer