Isn't blaming GUNS the Same as blaming SPOONS? So much so, a number of school districts are fining the parents for having Obese kids.
lostinchicago lostinchicago 51-55, M 18 Answers Jan 30 in Politics

Yes, that makes sense. The government should conduct backside checks before allowing you to posses a spoon. Anyone with a fat backside can't own a spoon or drink a large soda. Welcome to NYC, a.k.a. Hell.

Best Answer

@ Dan - I'm from The Bronx, I know :)

Best Answer

Forever failing to understand not having a gun means any idiot can't go off shooting whoever they like. No gun = can't shoot someone = no crime/death caused. <br />
Though America is probably too far gone to be saved from that. What is it now, 35+ school shooting since Sandy Hook was attacked? Something like that, it's disgusting.

Best Answer

The Boston bomber, and the Oklahoma bomber needed no guns, not a single one, to kill, injure, and maim, a $hitload of people.

Best Answer

You have to realize that they were not "professional bombs either." They were made out of household cookwares, and over the counter cleaning chemicals.

Best Answer

Yet bombs and guns are very different hence your point is invalid. Evidently a bomb is not prevented whether you have guns or not, and that was a terrorist attack just like the 7/7 bombings in London in 2005. There are just "normal" people going around shooting others every single day in the US, as well as the many accidental deaths and injuries. In a week last year over there, there were 3 incidences of a child shooting their sibling.

Best Answer

@ Para - his point is spot on - and THAT POINT is, if people want to kill, they kill....and if people want to eat themselves to where you need a crane to lift them - They will.....Individual responsibility - Euro doesn't have it...Americans do.

Best Answer

Obviously. Though how many would if they hadn't had a gun? Its almost as if they slightly take away what you're doing - the death is more impersonal, and also it's a hell of a lot more difficult to kill or injure multiple people without a gun (excl. Bombs from this discussion as they are pretty different to guns ie not owned or weapons people use in the way guns are). How does Europe not have individual responsibility? Because we are living in a country far safer than the USA? Where we don't need to worry about who may be concealing or carrying a gun? Most people will never have even touched a gun here.

Best Answer

Guns deaths are way more preventable than bombings.

Best Answer

@ Para#2 - How many people in the last week have been killed in IRAQ or last month for that matter and how many by guns here in America? - The 2nd point is, we only hear of the ONE BANK that was robbed, not the other 4,700 that weren't.....

Best Answer

@ Po#2 And that guy in Norway? another Bomber...Or was that Denmark

Best Answer

Norway. And he bombed one place and then shot up another however many people! With a GUN.

Not quite sure what point you're making about banks so could you clarify?

And America is supposed to be the leading country in there world, the most civilised. Its a western nation where it shouldn't have such a high rate of gun deaths. Iraq is in an area with many problems safety-wise than the US and cannot be compared to it.

% homicides by guns is 60% in the US - 6.6% in England and Wales. Number of homicides by guns - US 9400+, England and Wales 41, which is WAY less even when multiplied to the same population size as the USA.

Best Answer

@ Para - My point is a counter to yours....As for your "stats" you can't seriously compare a country with the right to own guns to one that really doesn't.....This is like saying there's more car death in Wales than in Madagascar too....Again, the FBI released its homicide numbers in 2011...More people are killed each year by hammers and clubs and by the way - Doesn't Norway have "Gun control"? - That doesn't stop anything - no more than "speed limits" stop people from speeding - I understand you guys in the UK feel safe with the Government as "MOMMY" - We're just not wired that way.....

Best Answer

The stats show that less guns equal less murders with the use of guns.

And you're kidding if you think we like the government.

And in terms of speeding, that is a preventative measure in having limits, like strict control is a preventative for gun crime. Of course it's only a measure and it doesn't completely stop it but the US has little if anything in place to regulate guns and who owns them. Its not about banning guns completely, it's about keeping strict control of them. Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe you are able to buy guns before you can drink over there? And even buy guns in Walmart?

Best Answer

America is not "saved" or needs "saving" because of guns....But that's besides the point...I own guns have semi-autos....AR15M4 - and others...I haven't killed anyone.....But when do we stop blaming the hardware?

Best Answer

If you don't have it then you can't do it at all. Guns are not a necessity. Many countries have strict gun laws, few own guns such as my own country, and survive just fine.

Best Answer

@Para# Guns ARE necessary - Just ask me when 2 guys jumped my Mother in 1974....I put the gun I had to the head of the guy who had my mother...Now that that's out of the way - I ALLOWED them to live....but thats not the point can't blame it on the hardware

Best Answer

When was that? FORTY YEARS AGO. Its almost irrelevant.

And just like anything, if you don't have the "hardware" you can't do it and that is a simple fact. You may of course find an alternative way but it isn't as easy or simple to use or do as the original would be. If you feel that you need a gun then evidently you do not live somewhere to be considered safe.

Best Answer

Well, here's another one that's going to vote away her rights and end up in a tyrannical state.

Best Answer

If you could clarify what you're saying I would appreciate it

Best Answer

You can pay attention in history class.

Best Answer

I wasn't being rude. Your point wasn't altogether particularly clear but I take it that you're insinuating I would be stupid enough to support a leader who tends towards a dictatorship? The second comment also needs clarification. Make a point, if you would.

Best Answer

No, I just enjoy watching what you post. I'm going to go make some popcorn.

Best Answer

Right, okay then.

Best Answer

But I guess mainstream media always tells the truth and the whole truth. :)

Best Answer

Now here is something we can agree on. Stop BLAMING the Hardware,and start Blaming the PEOPLE. :)

Best Answer

@ James - Exactly.....

Best Answer

Great point! R-E-S-P-O-N-S-I-B-I-L-T-Y!!

Best Answer

Exactly!!!

Best Answer

batshit crazy logic.

Best Answer

@Teez now you know how we Guns feel when the left blames the hardware and not the person

Best Answer

And rocks are responsible for skinned knees and phones are responsible for accidents and the wind is responsible for destruction.<br />
This is a fool's argument. Yes. other ob<x>jects and behaviors aid other dilemmas. How is that a reasonable argument to advocate guns? It doesn't make guns any safer. It doesn't solve the problem of gun violence.<br />
There will always be harm to humans. But why shouldn't we mitigate it when and where we can? Not everyone's saying ban the guns (although it's hardly a bad idea). They're saying regulate them better, just as we regulate any number of other things. But America cares more about perceived freedoms and firearms than it does its children. As long as that's the case - and as long as we back it up with inside-out logic - we'll just keep dying.

Best Answer

How many shootings are there that don't involve a gun? How many meals are eaten that don't involve a spoon? There's your difference.

Best Answer

They both kill....We're not comparing numbers but we are talking about when do people take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming everything else? - Your analogy is like saying that buildings should be more than one floor high because people will jump to their death....

Best Answer

You missed the point entirely. Let me put it a different way, overeating is only harmful to yourself, consensually. Shooting someone is harmful to others. Laws should exist to protect me from you, not me from myself.

Best Answer

Define seat belt and helmet wearing laws den

Best Answer

I wouldn't vote for those. Although they do cost the government money for your health care and to clean your guts off the street.

Best Answer

Wow... So what would you do if someone broke into your house and was carrying a firearm? And please don't forget it takes the cops at least 20 minutes to an hour to get there.

Best Answer

You need to move somewhere nicer if you have people breaking in and the police take 20 minutes to respond.

Best Answer

Nice response. Have fun with that ideology. :)

Best Answer

Living in a country where everyone is armed to the teeth, every household carries at least a gun (2 in my case) and trigger happy people all around us.<br />
I don't know what to say. But for the sake of discussion, if an improvised spoon can kill someone, imagine what could be done with an improvised gun? <br />
I am not against the guns or spoons or spooning and mooning but we are living in difficult times where nothing seems to be working.

Best Answer

@ Y - I agree in the social environment as I have a number of guns myself, one a AR15M4 with 2 30 round clips - That said....If we're going to blame "the gun"...rather than the person....this is what it amounts to....We can blame spoons because it makes it easier to eat....We can blame the building engineers because there are jumpers every years so, building need to made no more than 1 story...See what I'm getting are here?

Best Answer

Right.

The frequency is however making me nervous. Poverty, joblessness and uncertainty can twist the very values of people they once hold so dear.

This isn't the first time Americans are facing challenges, I hope this will end up in a win-win. I fear the worse though.

Best Answer

You do realize that most media nowadays is just propaganda, right?

Best Answer

Spoons can't feed if there's no food; likewise, guns can't shoot if there are no bullets. The question is, how far back do we dig in the blame game?

Best Answer

I'm not sure were your going with that but, you recovered.....And that's the point - When do we start blaming the "shooter" and not the hardware? - I mean, how many knife killings each year? - In 2011 the FBI released the national murder numbers and found more people are killed each year with clubs and hammers than guns....So now what, remove hammers?

Best Answer

Exactly my point. Namely that blaming anything other than people is not only useless but even stupid.

Best Answer

Correct.....We agree....

Best Answer

No, 'spoons' are responsible for the population explosion!

Best Answer

@ Wiz - So then we do away with spoons and forks, correct? - When does it become your fault and not everyone else's?

Best Answer

Wait just a Minute ,FORKS can be used as a WEAPON, Ban them, and all "Materials" that could be used to SHARPEN a SPOON.

Best Answer

Yeah, and if you listen to the LEFT on this one, they'll have you think its like having Jack The Ripper stunting for Cutco knives too.....

Best Answer

haha

Best Answer

I still say blame the parents, and the school system that have failed them.

Best Answer

So, then we should remove forks and spoons? - My point it here, when do we stop blaming "the tool" ? Individual responsibilty has a lot to say, no?

Best Answer

People are misled, what can I say? The theory that the govt still has the people's best interest in mind is as outdated as the dinosaurs...<br />
But people are too scared of everybody else to listen... And to them, nothing matters... Not even the fact that more Americans are being killed by cops nowadays than there were in the 9/11 attacks.<br />
But we don't need guns. At all. Not even in the same state that Germany was in 1936. Just be sure and present that case to the American Indians, the German Jews and the Ukranians.

Best Answer

No one robs a gas station with a spoon....not even a assault style spoon.

Best Answer

Not the point...No one uses a spoon to defend themselves either....Point is, they both kill....When does individual responsibility enter in for you?

Best Answer

That wasnt the point I was trying to make either. You can not equate personal responsibility by making a utensil/firearm analogy. But to take your example to its fullest I would say a fat person could fall down some stairs and could crush and kill everyone infront of them....so really the spoon is to blame....or it is the gun. I forget where I was going with this.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Really? So we should do away with spoons, too?

Best Answer

Yes we all need to be politically correct can't stop now, the total destruction of the US is not complete.

Best Answer

ahhh!

Best Answer