If happiness is derived by circumstances and ones perception of those circumstances. With these two being pretty much solely influenced by our our ability to manipulate ourselves and our environment. Through aggression, submissiveness, passiveness, persuasion, control. ect... Does that not imply that the happy are the best manipulators of others and themselves?
AtleastImHonest AtleastImHonest 26-30, M 5 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Community

I think what you are calling "manipulation" is what psychologists call EQ, or your Emotional Quotient. They say that's actually a much better predictor of success (however you define success) than IQ.<br />
The better you are at controlling and channeling your emotional reaction to things, the more other people find you likable and easy to get along with. That in turn leads to you being offered more opportunities than, say, the sour, emotionally unbalanced person who is frequently having crying fits or throwing temper tantrums. It's not really about manipulation in the sense that you are "tricking" people into giving you what you want against their will.

Best Answer

I agree in most parts. There are those of course who would have mastered the EQ. But what of those who don't just get offered things, but instead can create situations. Such as talking down about another worker, sabotage ect... Combined with their EQ they would naturally get the offer before the person with the strong EQ that plays by the rules.
Not everyone has clearly defined rules in their head... so those that would succeed the most. Would be the masters of EQ with no rules or boundaries... only constantly viewing things from chance and probability on a mass scale. Quickly computing this information and choosing their ultimate path with no rules but still mimicking the EQ. I have met a few sociopaths now, and we all fit the mold to a degree. It's sad but most of them tend to be the happiest out of the bunch.

Best Answer

Interesting comments. When you mention high EQ but with no rules or boundaries, I immediately thought of a serial killer like Ted Bundy. He was supposedly very charming, a trait which he used to lure in his victims.

Best Answer

Wow .. <br />
Being happy doesn't mean you're manipulating anything. You're just happy with whatever situation or circumstances you're in.<br />
Happy people are normally easy going people who are able to enjoy what life has to offer ..whether they create it or not.<br />
I think you're overthinking the whole thing.

Best Answer

So you have never stayed quiet as a tactic? Never raised your voice at what you felt was the right moment? Never held a secret to make your life better, or told one to get someone else in trouble? The point is control of your own life, whether it by for yourself, for others or against either. Now come tell us both another lie...

Best Answer

I don't play games .. maybe that's why I am happy most of the time.

Best Answer

Angel hey? lmao. Not even a Ying or a Yang... interesting...... ... Or just plain bullshit. Enjoy the high horse.

Best Answer

I'm not the one talking in circles .. seems like you're on the high horse.

Best Answer

i agree with Lukisod....ignorance is bliss.....those that know all the details are the ones that realize how close to being over thrown they really are.

Best Answer