I think what you are calling "manipulation" is what psychologists call EQ, or your Emotional Quotient. They say that's actually a much better predictor of success (however you define success) than IQ.<br />
The better you are at controlling and channeling your emotional reaction to things, the more other people find you likable and easy to get along with. That in turn leads to you being offered more opportunities than, say, the sour, emotionally unbalanced person who is frequently having crying fits or throwing temper tantrums. It's not really about manipulation in the sense that you are "tricking" people into giving you what you want against their will.

Best Answer

I agree in most parts. There are those of course who would have mastered the EQ. But what of those who don't just get offered things, but instead can create situations. Such as talking down about another worker, sabotage ect... Combined with their EQ they would naturally get the offer before the person with the strong EQ that plays by the rules.
Not everyone has clearly defined rules in their head... so those that would succeed the most. Would be the masters of EQ with no rules or boundaries... only constantly viewing things from chance and probability on a mass scale. Quickly computing this information and choosing their ultimate path with no rules but still mimicking the EQ. I have met a few sociopaths now, and we all fit the mold to a degree. It's sad but most of them tend to be the happiest out of the bunch.

Best Answer

Interesting comments. When you mention high EQ but with no rules or boundaries, I immediately thought of a serial killer like Ted Bundy. He was supposedly very charming, a trait which he used to lure in his victims.

Best Answer

i agree with Lukisod....ignorance is bliss.....those that know all the details are the ones that realize how close to being over thrown they really are.

Best Answer