Depends how old they are and how you're fixed financially. Couldn't hurt, as you'd be teaching them some of the realities of life.

Best Answer

Charge em for gas or charge em for rent like the sign says Gas grass or a piece of *** nobdy rides for free, You already own their *** being your the parent and your probably not the grass conacuier so make em pay up one way or another. heck if all else dont tell them but put away some of it so when their ready to move out you can give them some or all to help them or you use it for a vacation for yourself and/maby partenr lol

Best Answer

Write up a bill list and divide it up amugst the people living there and show them how much they would have left that was extra money not counting a bit of saving . would definitly give them an idea of what being a renter is all about most new starts fail because most kids dont understand what its like Ive hadd like 12 different roomates and most of them were newly out of the parents hose and they were appauled by 200 a month for rent and we split the utilities between all of us I paid just as much as them they acted as though I was robbing them.. they all ended up moving back home the ones who moved into new places told me later how much easier it was with me lol

Best Answer

Thats acceptable I would think. Otherwise they can peddle their bikes there

Best Answer

I think that would be a good part of their financial education.

Best Answer

YES; .. If they have JOBS ; why should YOU pay for their gas ... that is downright stupid ! Make them pay a FAIR amount for gas ... or buy their own vehicle and maintain it ....

Best Answer

Look around. There are people hitting 30 soon and they can't even hold on to a job because they wine "It's too hard". Grown men mind you 18- almost 30. If you want your children responsible and growing into REAL adults, then by all means, charge them gas fair. Make them save and pay for their first car. Tell them to clean up after themselves. Don't get me wrong, always let them know you love them and if something is really tough on them then of course help them. But keep pushing until they no longer need your help. If they know you love them, you'll still be mom. They may not be happy with you for a while, but when they are adults they will be thankful that you made them learn to deal with life/

Best Answer

I pay for my fuel usage.. so I am a poor example.on the otherwise of.this..

Best Answer

Very mean.

Best Answer

Don't get there. Or else ...

Best Answer

That is a good idea. I would teach how finance works.

Best Answer

I wouldn't know, I had a car by then.

Best Answer