or does whatever happen to you behind bars, stays behind bars?
deepscar deepscar 46-50, F 8 Answers Mar 28 in Community

Of course there is no justice in being raped or beaten. Is it the norm in the US to be raped when in prison?

Best Answer

it doesn't happen to every single person there, but it happens enough, it's just hushed up, it's not spoken about or talked about generally. I want these people to have more rights and protection; not because I could end up there one day, but because I care. I don't care what people did; they're still human and should have basic rights not to be humiliated unjustly.

Best Answer

Of course. I read a book a while ago that was written by a former prisoner in the US. His name was Charles Bynum and the book was called 'The Other Side of Hell'. Its a very good read and shows how one can survive in prison.

Best Answer

Too often, the guards set these things up and look the other way. Suing from behind bars has been made almost impossible, and the State is also the employer (or County, City, etc.) I used to run a nonprofit advocacy organization to assist people with legal abuse issues. See Equal Access Advocates, my mentor, Dr. Karin Huffer (PhD, MS, MFT).

Best Answer

If you're brave enough to go public and you have a name of the predator you can file a complain and I'm sure the d.a.Will follow up and fill charges and prosecute

Best Answer

IF you report it, im sure someone will do something about it. If not then something seriously needs to be done about these things.

Best Answer

In the real world things are often ignored and forgotten about by everyone , but the person it happened to in there,

Best Answer

You don't ever want to go to jail. :C

Best Answer

I'm not sure I don't ever want to get there. I can't stand the society I live in. What's wrong with rotting away behind bars, I wouldn't be missed.

Best Answer

Well at least you have a strong chose of what you do and do not want to do and when you want to do it, it's not that way in there. :C

Best Answer

I know, its all restricted time to do this or do that. I know I felt oppressed and on a puppet string growing up; so difficult was it that I have a very hard time now making my own decisions. I just feel the society we live in, never is going to change, it's always going to have its mob mentality outlook.

Best Answer

Sadly I agree, but as all must try to make the best we can of it. :C

Best Answer

Someone asked about you today.

Best Answer

yes, I know, thanks; I appreciated that very much. It actually made my day.

Best Answer