LoneBlogger LoneBlogger 51-55, M 12 Answers Feb 11, 2012

You must have a digital converter box to hook the cable to your analog TV or to be able to convert the signal to what your TV can use, some cable companys block the digital signals except the one's you pay for so it won't work even with a converter but if you have a digital TV with a HDMI plug to display whats on your computer you can get streaming movies online threw crackle or hulu and most all broadcast TV stations have a online hook up or netflix has a hookup for about $10. a month, There are thosands of movie sites on line just make sure you have realy good virus protection, I watch free movies threw my PC on my digital 32" TV all the time, I use microsoft security essentials to protect my PC It's free to download, It works better than virus protection that I had to pay for. Alot of movie sites are bootleg where you can see that someone recorded the movie at the theater with a camcorder.

Best Answer

Here in England I can buy a box for £210. In it's original purchase, it's legal because it's nothing more than a free-to-air box (signals only for Freeview are available). But it has a USB slot on the back and software freely available via 4shared.com (just one of many sites) Downloaded onto a memory stick and slotted into the back of the machine opens it up to receive *every* channel excepting pay4-view.

Best Answer

I allmost forgot, don't download any movies, it's the surest way to get a virus, watch them streaming only, some sites may require you to have flash player 10.0 or better or DVX converter but only download these programs from a reputable sorce like microsoft or a verifiable site. many of these sites will give you a keyloger or redirector virus.

Best Answer

Sure if you hack into it with splitters but if you get caught big time fine and possible jail time if that fine isn't paid.So it's all up to if you want to take that risk or not.

Best Answer

You can do it without a box, but it is illegal:<br />
http://news.hitb.org/node/6605<br />
[Edit] *Every* cable provider sends *every* signal though to your property. The only thing that prevents you from getting *every* channel available is your subsc<x>ription card. The hack to doing this is to divert the cable in such a way that it allows you to feed every possible channel into your home; this is the illegal part because without a viewing card (and with the hack) you can collect every channel which is sent through the cable<br />
~F~

Best Answer

About ten years ago, I lived in a condo and paid for basic cable service but received everything. I never told them.

Best Answer

I'd say that's fair enough. Like I said, you get *every* programme running along your cable; if the company got it wrong and you paid only the basic charge? then that's their mistake; a case of 'well done you' given the circumstances :)

Best Answer

"And, Jay...tell him what he has won today"<br />
"YES.........cable TV"

Best Answer

probably,but it's not that simple

Best Answer

depends on alot of things, probably not, but its definitely worth a try.

Best Answer

Sure You need a decoder to send TV signal to Your TV receiver. Ask to Your provider !

Best Answer

Typically, yes. Only one of the co-ax plugs is configured for the internet receiver, the rest continue to deliver cable.

Best Answer